DIASPORA money has made somalis back home lazy and arrogant !

Status
Not open for further replies.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
The problem is that Somali's lack creativity and they all copy each other, a while back I was having some conversation regarding Sudan Grass for livestock feed, it doesn't matter how great your explanation is, they simply won't touch it, they more interested in more Hijab stores, hotels, cafe's and restaurants.

It's a useless endeavour, I have been very big on agriculture reading this year, the land in our possession will be used to grow the food, I am going through it with my parents, they even found an expert in this field that will help them (so they could learn from him as well)

Trying to explain "composting" your waste to use for fertilisers was the toughest barrier to go through, it's shocking how even the farmers back home are mostly clueless on this, the kid is looking to raise several 100K's to scale this and go large growing all kinds of food, all the people we have spoken to thus far are not interested, because it's a lengthy process.

This is the great challenge back home if you want to do anything that's creative, I know your big in agriculture as well, you should do some videos on this, every white kid in the village knows the very basics on this, even those I work with can explain how to grow your own food from A-Z, but not a single foreigner can tell me.

@xisaabiye

The blood money is a contentious topic because if it's not paid, usually a large scale conflict develops with 100's dying.

The family of the deceased doesn't accept handing over the killer because they don't deem his life as important as the one he killed, so as a result they will go out and kill a big shot from his tribe and this quickly escalates into a full blown war that you could have stopped.

It's interesting you mentioned sudani grass as feed. Alfa alfa hay and other types are used to fatten livestock which increases it's value. Even the largest exporters of somali livestock have still not understood the concept of fattening your livestock before sending to carabta. The arabs buy it for dirt cheap, put it in their maxjar in saudi and fatten it for a month and make a killing.

Do you think agriculture is a money making business back home, say you had all the facilities (Fertile land for commercial production, water well & pumps, sprinkler system). Or is production stifled by the fact that the highlanders next door bring in so large quantities

I never understood the concept of somalis building hotels, meesha yaaba imanaya?

Are you having a nightmare trying to find seeds that aren't from Monsanto?

Somalia lost all its heirloom seeds after the civil war.

Now you have to buy seeds that won't repolinate and it's a shit show because seeds are like a currency in Somalia if they can reseed.

I was told if you export heirloom seeds from North America they get dumped by customs in the way out.

Anyone one who opens an heirloom seed centre in Somalia will hit the mother load and help farmers greatly.

Why are you looking to North America ? I am looking towards importing from South Africa which is a lot closer/easier having many Somali's present, GMO is an absolute NO/NO for me

I have been looking at silverhill seeds (some South African company) as well as others, this is an industry that is entirely ignored that I am looking to enter, hence I am spending hours upon hours daily getting to know as much as I can.

A lot of these farmers in Somalia have no clue whatsoever, the average white village person knows more then them, setting up a seed centre alone playing middle man is not going to cut it, I am exploring a range of options currently.

Have you made any videos on this?

Why are you looking to North America ? I am looking towards importing from South Africa which is a lot closer/easier having many Somali's present, GMO is an absolute NO/NO for me

I have been looking at silverhill seeds (some South African company) as well as others, this is an industry that is entirely ignored that I am looking to enter, hence I am spending hours upon hours daily getting to know as much as I can.

A lot of these farmers in Somalia have no clue whatsoever, the average white village person knows more then them, setting up a seed centre alone playing middle man is not going to cut it, I am exploring a range of options currently.

Have you made any videos on this?

It's coming.

Part of the new series. The problem is that if you want to export to Asia they must not be heirlooms, if it's for domestic use than you can.

It's much cheaper to reseed within the country, exporting is another story.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
i only support my Grandma but everyone else can get a damn job

It's interesting you mentioned sudani grass as feed. Alfa alfa hay and other types are used to fatten livestock which increases it's value. Even the largest exporters of somali livestock have still not understood the concept of fattening your livestock before sending to carabta. The arabs buy it for dirt cheap, put it in their maxjar in saudi and fatten it for a month and make a killing.

Do you think agriculture is a money making business back home, say you had all the facilities (Fertile land for commercial production, water well & pumps, sprinkler system). Or is production stifled by the fact that the highlanders next door bring in so large quantities

I never understood the concept of somalis building hotels, meesha yaaba imanaya?

The highlander question depends on the region, in mudug we don't have this problem, the terrain is treacherous hence the cost of the highlanders even bringing this stuff over is not worth the money that it will cost to transport hence there was always a niche there, the successive famines have exposed this.

I would assume the fact that everything exported from Somaliland are malnourished livestock would indicate a gap in the market as well.

I have only evaluated the areas in Mudug we live, but I would guess it would be the same for many other regions in the country, the lack of infrastructure is a huge blessing in this case, this is why I am big fan of coastal roads like the Mogadishu-Hobyo to keep the parasites out.

Agriculture is the life blood of a country, whoever controls it controls the country and it's people. The best investment currently outside of land is storage facilities which will be needed a lot for this.

You will never go wrong with storage facilities especially areas close to a port, I bought a lot of cheap land already, the storage places have already been built, I have recruited an individual cousin who is an expert in this field, things are progressing nicely thus far.

This will be the next big thing sxb, the people are crying out for this.

It's coming.

Part of the new series. The problem is that if you want to export to Asia they must not be heirlooms, if it's for domestic use than you can.

It's much cheaper to reseed within the country, exporting is another story.

Every country protects itself, even the Russian's have banned Monsanto seeds, they all understand the importance of protectionism with regards to agriculture, this is why I always laugh when I hear some buffoon Somali economic student talk about 'free market'

As @xisaabiye mentioned, the farmers back home all the way to Geeljire doesn't understand anything nor is he able to take advantage of this if you gave him the knowledge, you will have to do it for them, and therein lies a great business opportunity.

There is a reason why the Arabs love Somali livestock, because they are the cheapest in the world! Reseeding within the country is the ultimate goal, let me know when your videos are up, at some point we need to build a collaborative business community were we all share ideas, let's not further ruin the brothers thread.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

Those who build hotels are lying to themselves they didnt know what to invest their money on snd hotels are just dumb imo whatever you paid to build it and furniture it isnt gonna pay of for many years

Genie

The last suugo bender
It's going to change.

Somali private equity is in its infancy stage at the moment, but once we can take the gift of the ancient Higbad and ayuuto culture and transition it into investing in companies who have transparency with dynamic internal audit controls the country will shift greatly.

The greatest financial product to ever come out of Somali is the ayuuto!

DAMN RIGHT !!! and i'm eyeing it the f*ck up ! just imagine an app secure enough and easy enough to use enabling somalis to create group hagbads or ayuutos whilst allowing them to invest in upcoming somali startups perfect don't you think. besides most if not all are well accustomed to using phone to move and transfer money around. If this blows up it will really BLOW UP! not just in the diaspora but in Somalia too!

PS: this is what u call a rant ignore it if it made no sense.

DAMN RIGHT !!! and i'm eyeing it the f*ck up ! just imagine an app secure enough and easy enough to use enabling somalis to create group hagbads or ayuutos whilst allowing them to invest in upcoming somali startups perfect don't you think. besides most if not all are well accustomed to using phone to move and transfer money around. If this blows up it will really BLOW UP! not just in the diaspora but in Somalia too!

PS: this is what u call a rant ignore it if it made no sense.

Typical millenials.
:bell:

You don't need to make something as Ancient as the ayuuto into a techy startup.

This ancient financial product is based on one thing "Trust". You can't bottle, package or put it on a shelf as a product.

It's all about taking that trust and shifting it into investing in companies that are staged for growth.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Typical millenials.
:bell:

You don't need to make something as Ancient as the ayuuto into a techy startup.

This ancient financial product is based on one thing "Trust". You can't bottle, package or put it on a shelf as a product.

It's all about taking that trust and shifting it into investing in companies that are staged for growth.

except its not a startup or a company of any sort.

Think of it like this you can transfer money and move money around and create group so that your ayuuto is secured
(i'm not looking to bottle to package anything!) then one can advertise and pitch there upcoming startups and from this others can decide to pitch in and give lacaag to the upcoming startup in the form of ayuuto money to help out all from this one app!

The idea is in its infancy but i'll get there :rejoice:

AlphaSomali

Were set
Even 40 year old men back at home use my money as a opportunity not work. My Dad sends back home every week he goes to Dahabshil and sends it.

ExcessFame

True Villain
I buy my young cuzzos back home a uniform and books for them to get a better education. Slow and steady. The pictures I received when I saw my young cousin wearing it humbled me greatly.

except its not a startup or a company of any sort.

Think of it like this you can transfer money and move money around and create group so that your ayuuto is secured
(i'm not looking to bottle to package anything!) then one can advertise and pitch there upcoming startups and from this others can decide to pitch in and give lacaag to the upcoming startup in the form of ayuuto money to help out all from this one app!

The idea is in its infancy but i'll get there :rejoice:

That sounds sexy in a developed country.

We need ayuuto to mature into a private equity that can pull in 100-200k per person into a fund for major development.

Startups are for developed countries who's citizens need to create opportunities for themselves in place where sector has giants cornering.

We literally are the worlds poorest country; and it automatically makes us the worlds biggest and most promising startup.

Somali doesn't need cute startups we need major corporations.

AlphaSomali

Were set
That sounds sexy in a developed country.

We need ayuuto to mature into a private equity that can pull in 100-200k per person into a fund for major development.

Startups are for developed countries who's citizens need to create opportunities for themselves in place where sector has giants cornering.

We literally are the worlds poorest country; and it automatically makes us the worlds biggest and most promising startup.

Somali doesn't need cute startups we need major corporations.
I just check out of your channel, Can I make an App for lifestock selling and Buying in Somalia like Ebay but for animals.

I just check out of your channel, Can I make an App for lifestock selling and Buying in Somalia like Ebay but for animals.

Thanks man. :yousmart:

Do anything. She needs everything and anything for every Gobol. There's no banks to loan you money, no insurance companies hedge risk, and there's no mergers or acquisitions. Just find people from your Gobol and focus on building supporting it; then they call you qabilist tell them you're a gobolist and some random YouTuber inspired ya.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AlphaSomali

Were set

Do anything. She needs everything and anything for every Gobol. There's no banks to loan you money, no insurance companies hedge risk, and there's no mergers or acquisitions. Just find people from your Gobol and focus on building supporting it; then they call you qabilist tell them you're a gobolist and some random YouTuber inspired ya.

Since Muhammad Zubeir have the most livestock I will be damn rich.

AlphaSomali

Were set

But you seem more seriois on video. Man your speech damn it's freaking rude. I hope none of my siblings see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.