DHUL HIJJAH IS HERE

Northern Swordsman

Tawxiid Alle lahaw, Talo na Alle saaro.
• | Ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah | •

We are in the first ten days of Dhul al-Hijjah by which Allāh swore:

“By the dawn; By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah)” [Al-Fajr 89:1]

This indicates a great importance of these ten days and that of good deeds, as mentioned:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allāh than these ten days.”

They said, “O Messenger of Allāh, not even Jihād for the sake of Allāh?”

The Messenger of Allāh (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “Not even Jihād for the sake of Allāh, except in the case of a man who went out to fight, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.”

[Narrated by al-Bukhārī, 969]

Allāh says (interpretation of the meaning):

“That they may witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e. reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade), and mention the Name of Allah on appointed days” [Al-Hajj 22:28]

The “appointed days” are the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah.

Allāh says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And remember Allāh during the appointed Days” [Al-Baqarah 2:203]

These are the days of al-Tashrīq, i.e. the 11th, 12th and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said:

“The days of tashrīq are the days of eating, drinking and remembering Allāh.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1141)

The habit of the people of Sunnah during these days is to say the Takbīr.

There are three types of Takbīr one can say:

1:

Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, la ilaha ill-Allah, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, wa lillahi’l-hamd

2:

Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, la ilaha ill-Allah, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, wa lillahi’l-hamd

3:

Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, la ilaha ill-Allah, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, wa lillahi’l-hamd.

Let us benefit from them in shā' Allāh.

Trending

Latest posts