Caynaanshes (they are 17 sub clans).

This was in 2010, it is much bigger than that now
sMQJSbr.png

Hormaarka Magaalada Gashaamo

Last edited:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Sxb I need to know more about habar yoonis deegan in Hawd? How many woredas do we settle?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Danot woreda is majority Makahil and Dhulbahante. Isaaq in Danot are seasonal herders who leave when their berkeds dry up.

Bohol

VIP
Danot woreda is majority Makahil and Dhulbahante. Isaaq in Danot are seasonal herders who leave when their berkeds dry up.

Do you have a map of Danot woreda? Several H-Y villages mostly Musa Carre & Reer Cawl
such as Gorgor, Cali Muuse are in Danot woreda.

Gorgor a Reer Cawl/Muuse Ismaaciil town is in north east of Danot and is part of Danot district.

Image5.gif

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
As you can see Gorgor is in south eastern Misrak Gashamo, Degehbur Zone. Habar Yoonis used to claim Danood in the past, but that ended when the Makahil were no longer happy to host them. Today you will find Reer Bicidyahan in Danood but not Habar Yoonis.
Your most south eastern deegaan in Hawd is Gorgor in Misrak Gashamo.

Degehabur.png

Bohol

VIP
Those areas were annexed to Gashaamo district, they weren't part of it
before. Do you have a map of Werder zone (including Danot woreda)? Then
we can see the villages in there one by one.

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
The Ethiopian government allows DDSI to play around with degmos as much as they like, but they can never touch the boundaries of the states within K5. Danood is not Isaaq deegaan and as far as I know no Isaaq live in Danood woreda anymore. It used to be shared for quite some time, but the Makahil slowly pushed out the Habar Yoonis.

The biggest problem you have is that from Gorgor ila Xarshin there are no wells. All the water sources in Hawd are in Ogaden or MJ hands, with Dhulbahante having access to both. You guys are causing immense erosion by building berkeds on prime grazing land. Upper hawd may become uninhabitable a few decades from now.

Bohol

VIP
This was back in 1998, the borders haven't checked. The H-Y have always lived and grazed in the Danot area but don't confuse that with dominating the town itself. North of Danot to Ali Jama (Which is the entrance of Gashaamo woreda is controlled by the H-Y).

"In the haud north of Danot to Ali Jama, controlled by the Habr Yoonis, and south of Danot, controlled by the Ogaden,
there should be no birkeds constructed. This was in order that there should be a buffer zone between them and also
to maintain the area as a prime grazing area for camels."

United Nations Development Programme

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
At the rate at which Ogaden are moving north, I don't think even Gaashamo is safe in 15-20 years. Reer Isaaq llike Mikahil are also moving north into the areas around Xarshin and Rabaaso. Aware is no longer shared. I think the political system in Somaliland will be the cause of you losing a lot of land.

Even at the height of the Ogaden-Isaaq conflict, Ogaden were migrating out and this still did not weaken them. Mikahil colonized Joorey while also fighting Habar Yoonis in places like Hawd. Today they are no longer migrating and are instead expanding north.

Bohol

VIP
@Thegoodshepherd That is wishful thinking. Forget about Gashaamo which is in the heartland of H-Y reer Haud, we have moved up north to Marsin (Reer Cabdille) territory. In history Ogaden has been losing land to us, it has never been the other way round. As you can see Gashaamo now is a big city along with other major towns, the district is getting very urbanized. As for Awaare district it was split into two ,all the Cidagale and H-Y villages were added to Daroor woreda, Daroor being their headquarters there. The days of Isaaq nomads travelling back to Sland are over, majority of them have set up permanent villages and towns in Haud with enough water.

obamadatazz

Just today, new schools opened in Daroor town, with the diaspora also about to set up
a new boarding school

http://togaherer.com/gudaha-ka-akhr...ga-hir-galiyay-degmada-daroor-daawo-sawirada/

Last edited:

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
At the rate at which Ogaden are moving north, I don't think even Gaashamo is safe in 15-20 years. Reer Isaaq llike Mikahil are also moving north into the areas around Xarshin and Rabaaso. Aware is no longer shared. I think the political system in Somaliland will be the cause of you losing a lot of land.

Even at the height of the Ogaden-Isaaq conflict, Ogaden were migrating out and this still did not weaken them. Mikahil colonized Joorey while also fighting Habar Yoonis in places like Hawd. Today they are no longer migrating and are instead expanding north.
That`s b.s. Aware town is still shared and most of the settlements in the aware district in the map are ciidagale except for yocaale and dhagaxtuur and other tuulos nearby.
Source: Cousins who live there

Status
Not open for further replies.