Despite job opportunities increasing, people aren’t going back to work

People were quitting or purposely trying to fired to get unemployment at my cousin’s job. Even though his job pays 15-18 dollars an hour with good benefits, people still choose not to work. In Chicago, a lot of people love state programs and benefits. The problem is that the taxes are stupid high.

The west is heading towards universal income. People are getting tired of long hours working making just about enough to survive. With immigration becoming less as well, the people willing to accept this are less now. Something has to give. This pandemic has changed a lot of peoples outlook

The west is heading towards universal income. People are getting tired of long hours working making just about enough to survive. With immigration becoming less as well, the people willing to accept this are less now. Something has to give. This pandemic has changed a lot of peoples outlook
Universal income is not happening.

Universal income is not happening.
They already started the trail in Finland and many people are keeping an eye on it. We definitely heading that way cause jobs will decrease in the future and something has to give. If you think large part of the people will live in poverty while watching minority live in luxury then you are underestimating people

They already started the trail in Finland and many people are keeping an eye on it. We definitely heading that way cause jobs will decrease in the future and something has to give. If you think large part of the people will live in poverty while watching minority live in luxury then you are underestimating people

"2,000 unemployed Finns got a monthly flat payment of €560 (£490; $634)."
UBI is possible when you have a small sample size like this but can not be implemented nationwide.

"While employment levels did not improve, participants said they felt happier and less stressed."

I like this idea though expect transportation should be replaced with housing.
"Another popular variation is 'universal basic services' - where instead of getting an income, things like education, healthcare and transport are free for all."

"2,000 unemployed Finns got a monthly flat payment of €560 (£490; $634)."
UBI is possible when you have a small sample size like this but can not be implemented nationwide.

"While employment levels did not improve, participants said they felt happier and less stressed."

I like this idea though expect transportation should be replaced with housing.
"Another popular variation is 'universal basic services' - where instead of getting an income, things like education, healthcare and transport are free for all."
It’s a start. Like I said the idea is being talked about and not as loony as 10 years ago. Current generation of young people have seen their parents work for decades and have little to show for. You are seeing more and more young people be rather unemployed than do low wage jobs. I work for transport company and in our warehouse department they really struggle to get young people in and the ones who come leave fairly quickly.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Or they can just pay more, that would be the healthier outcome.

Or they can just pay more, that would be the healthier outcome.
Paying more don’t matter if inflation keep going up though. For certain type of money I would be better of on benefits than do them. So I get people not wanting to work

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Paying more don’t matter if inflation keep going up though. For certain type of money I would be better of on benefits than do them. So I get people not wanting to work

Thats why you need to tie pay rate to inflation, here I am seeing restaurants/factories pay 50% more for workers and the ones that do seem to be getting flooded with applicants, so the problem is definitely pay.

Remote working is more efficient and conducive to a family orientated lifestyle. RIP for me tho , no office for my profession xD

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Jobs can't get away with paying meager wages anymore people these days are not the factory workers from 100 years

I can see why.I have too many demands from every this pandemic. My job keeps me from going crazy not sure if i want to stay home all day

Lol @ Universal Basic Income.

You're right. Lots of people are refusing work. That's fine. They should starve.

There should be no such thing as welfare except for the disabled and other groups that legitimately cannot work. They should get $50K each a year to live comfortably and dignity. There should be no compassion shown towards a healthy, able bodied young man who wants to eat Doritos while gaming.

Sink or swim.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Lol @ Universal Basic Income.

You're right. Lots of people are refusing work. That's fine. They should starve.

There should be no such thing as welfare except for the disabled and other groups that legitimately cannot work. They should get $50K each a year to live comfortably and dignity. There should be no compassion shown towards a healthy, able bodied young man who wants to eat Doritos while gaming.

Sink or swim.

Eating my Doritos, while increasing my ratio of scrubs rekted/per hour Online.

"Starving"
Can't relate. Niggas works 130 hours a week,
gets the same paycheck as my monthly Ceydh
:samwelcome:

Stay in the plantation,
Niggas gotta nig

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Eating my Doritos, while increasing my ratio of scrubs rekted/per hour Online.

"Starving"
Can't relate. Niggas works 130 hours a week,
gets the same paycheck as my monthly Ceydh
:samwelcome:

Stay in the plantation,
Niggas gotta nig
I used to work 9 hour shifts 6 days a week and my cayr is more kkkk 200 dollar extra nigga fuxk work I hope Trudeau extends the Cayr :salute:

Trending

Latest posts