Depression in Somali community

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Just read Qur'an isn't a good solution to depression sadly.
bro most Somalis be born Muslims and fake as hell I dont consider most Somalis to be real Muslims otherwise they would not be in this state of anarchy and xaar and 68IQ. Real Muslims seek knowledge and dispute resolution. Somalis have this vague understanding of Islam.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Can you guys imagine the amount somali refugees we have that suffer from PTSD as a result of rape/ horrific violence or culture shock.

bro most Somalis be born Muslims and fake as hell I dont consider most Somalis to be real Muslims otherwise they would not be in this state of anarchy and xaar and 68IQ. Real Muslims seek knowledge and dispute resolution. Somalis have this vague understanding of Islam.
I agree with you. That's why I'm doing a #GeneExit

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
It’s a really hard topic because mental illnesses are really complex. It’s usually a mix of physiological and environmental factors. I think this notion that depression = lack of imaan is unhelpful and frankly, it’s pretty damaging. This is the type of thinking that stop people from seeking medical attention and lead them to suicide.
Just as non Muslims would suggest that the depressed person take up activities such as mediation or reflective thinking to help, prayer and dhikr can serve the same purpose. But just saying “go pray” and not giving anymore advice is not helpful. You wouldn’t tell someone to just pray away a broken ankle or a failing heart. Allah SWT gave us knowledge and intellect to find treatments to heal. We shouldn’t neglect that and be ignorant to it.

Just read Qur'an isn't a good solution to depression sadly.
right. Quran is a spiritual remedy and can be a cure for physical/mental ailments too but its not that simple as just reading quran. You need an good regimen that contains ruqya, nutrition, healthy supplements, exercise, therapy, mental support etc

Wallahi quran is dawo i can testify this when i was prison in my earlier years nothing kept me steadfast than quran it is a living miracle if you read it with a clean heart your body will shake and get goosebumps. You need to have good intention, wudu and tawakkul.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Even yearly droughts are traumatizing, you are constantly worried about starvation.
Drought is also no joke. Thousands of somalis have lost family members due to drought.
We need Somali professional therapist in Somali communities. They'll make a huge difference in so many Somali refugees.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Wallahi quran is dawo i can testify this when i was prison in my earlier years nothing kept me steadfast than quran it is a living miracle if you read it with a clean heart your body will shake and get goosebumps. You need to have good intention, wudu and tawakkul.
Faith healing= placebo effect. It doesn't work most of the time sxb.

Gambar

VIP
Drought is also no joke. Thousands of somalis have lost family members due to drought.
We need Somali professional therapist in Somali communities. They'll make a huge difference in so many Somali refugees.
There are a lot in MN and Toronto. The problem is, people are ashamed or don’t think they have a problem. There is also generational abuse (mostly physical and emotional) that seems to be common. Somali mothers and daughters don’t tend to have good relationships.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Somalis don't know how to deal with depression

Back home your either gonna be chained to a wall like an animal or be sent to this guy

waa yaab even the waraabe is confused

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Why were you in prison?

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Somalis don't know how to deal with depression

Back home your either gonna be chained to a wall like an animal or be sent to this guy

waa yaab even the waraabe is confused
I've seen the way they treated my agoon cousin in SL. He was basically diabetic and had some anger problem. His family send him straight to the cileesh where they used to abuse him daily. Somalis exibit no sympathy for the mentally ill people.

Trending

Latest posts