Depression Culture

this was beautiful mashallah. but my sister who is a healthcare professional told me to watch what i tell health care professionals because it could be in your record forever. we know a somali girl right now who has trouble getting a job and even getting a house because she told a doctor one time that she felt suicidal.

Last edited:
Disclosure: I'm not a mental health professional. If you're depressed, please get help. Tell your doctor/parents/spouse. This is simply some deen talk.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If there are any youths reading this even if you do not have any issues with your health. Please pretend you do, keep reading on as it makes more sense, tell your teachers that you suffer from anxiety attacks and get a GP to verify this (there’s no way of effectively testing this and everyone suffers from exam stress albeit minor) you will successfully get extra time on all your exams and when you go University will be given extra funds by student finance.

If there are any youths reading this even if you do not have any issues with your health. Please pretend you do, keep reading on as it makes more sense, tell your teachers that you suffer from anxiety attacks and get a GP to verify this (there’s no way of effectively testing this and everyone suffers from exam stress albeit minor) you will successfully get extra time on all your exams and when you go University will be given extra funds by student finance.
i do this :chrisfreshhah: alhamdulilah it helps a lot but keep it within anxiety and depression and watch what you tell them

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
Broke: thinking Allah is in the business of curing anything, let alone mental illness (lol!)

Woke: altering your brain chemistry with prescription medication to make yourself feel better

Bespoke: magically getting rid of your depression by giving it to someone else and altering your energy profile so that your mind is clear of 'other' occupants

Broke: Looking forward to an eternity of cold, dark oblivion after death with no money, accomplishments, or legacy in this transient and fleeting life to show for it

Woke: Having hope that there is life beyond the grave and that justice shall prevail

Bespoke: Trying to help other people deal with sadness in a meaningful way

And regarding delusions, using that logic depression itself is nothing more than a delusion. If your reasoning was correct, the use of medications meant to stabilize the balance of serotonin and norepinephrine in the central nervous system would cure 100% of depressed individuals 100% of the time

@Samira and @PhySom - walaalo, you're both welcome and free to state your opinions, but this thread is meant for those who believe. Thank you.

Woke: altering your brain chemistry with prescription medication to make yourself feel better

Prescription medication doesn't help to make you feel better in the long term, it is only a short term solution. Altering your lifestyle/ seeking therapy can help with this better. Also, taking these medications rarely works quickly and requires you to be consistent to see results and majority of people give up before they feel any changes. Prescription drugs + everything OP mentioned is the best way forward.

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
Also, a lot of somali grow up in households where emotions and feelings are looked down on and talking through them is a foreign concept. The depression we suffer from and regular depression isn't the same. Internalizing everything manifests in disturbing ways.

Also add in the importance of exercise. It helps with stabilizing moods and releases serotonin (aka the happy neurotransmitter). Another tip is to maintain social relations with others. Isolation and loneliness contributes to depression and anxiety. I have much more to say but I’ll leave it at that for now.

Trending

Latest posts