Deni will start the process to disarm clan militas as part of his 5 year plan for Puntland

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Enlightenednomad this is where I think Deni is not right, he looks up to egal on how he did disarmament in SL, but doesn't see the flip side, centralising your army you also centralise their loss like we saw in Goojacade. Hadi hubka puntland Hal meel laysku keeno, waxaa dhici Kara a similar outcome. So what I have always proposed is gun regulations not gun bans.

Let's keep our clan militia as our inactive reserves who we can call upon them in the event of a prolonged war depleting our soldiers or in the event PL govt armed forces is under extreme pressure. Ciidaanku Hal meel Laguna aruriyo no nation does this, all western nations have in-active reserves also they pull from in the event their active army is under pressure.

I do agree we need to do something but let's not be extreme and only leave govt armed forces with security. Plus having clan militias can serve as a deterrent to govt forces abusing their powers as they will know the clans or people are armed. So yes Deni Hala nidaamiyo clan militias Iyo hubkooda iyo yaysan la Soo gelin any urban area, I even suggest we create weapon depots in rural areas with Isimo of each area given full oversight powers.

We do need to make access to weaponory as hard as possible because these fools even after a simple disagreement will kill you and can find weapons far to easy to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Deni needs to get going. Two months wasted on caleemo saar and appointing his cabinet. This will be a great start if he can work on this. Ciise Maxamuud first lost their tare now they will be forced to hand over their weapons to the government, shiiittt. @DR OSMAN

Actually Deni understood the root cause of main problem clans with weapons always cause killing Robbing and most of the crimes I'm glad that at last A Somali Politician decided to completely disarm the civilians it's one of the biggest mistake when the government collapsed in 1991 and most of the weapons got in the hands of civilians there wasn't peace ever since I hope other Mamul goboleeds follow only Government soldiers should allowed to own weapons and civilians must be banned from owning guns

Actually Deni understood the root cause of main problem clans with weapons always cause killing Robbing and most of the crimes I'm glad that at last A Somali Politician decided to completely disarm the civilians it's one of the biggest mistake when the government collapsed in 1991 and most of the weapons got in the hands of civilians there wasn't peace ever since I hope other Mamul goboleeds follow only Government soldiers should allowed to own weapons and civilians must be banned from owning guns
It is virtually impossible in Somalia's current state to disarm all civilians from their firearms. Every major port be it Xamar, Bosaso, etc has a major issue with guns and other light weapons being smuggled from Yemen even as far as China with fake serial numbers.

The best he can in PL is to register all technicals and heavy weapons or set up a program to purchase them from the clans that currently have them.

It is virtually impossible in Somalia's current state to disarm all civilians from their firearms. Every major port be it Xamar, Bosaso, etc has a major issue with guns and other light weapons being smuggled from Yemen even as far as China with fake serial numbers.

The best he can in PL is to register all technicals and heavy weapons or set up a program to purchase them from the clans that currently have them.
The New deal With Turkey can Curb Weapon Smugglers in our seas and inside the country the government institutions must work hard to disarm everyone else peace will never happen ever again if the civilians are armed Somalia used to be peaceful before 1991 because the civilians at that time weren't allowed to own weapons the root of the problem occurred when the weapons got into the hands of civilians we must return back the old days and yes we can there is nothing impossible everything is possible if we achieve that I'm sure 80% of Somalia's problem is solved.

In the long run, disarmament will be necessary throughout Somalia. I don't think it's feasible or ethical to forcefully take away all weapons. People own guns because they feel some level of fear.

As the local government establishes itself, provides services, and demonstrates positive changes year after year for citizens' lives, that fear will diminish. However, this fear is not limited to a state's borders. Somaliland's attack on Las Canod, even though unsuccessful, highlights that violence remains a possibility. Somalis often rely more on their immediate clan than on a larger state entity.

Implementing a multi-decade plan is crucial. It can start by registering guns in circulation, legalizing gun ownership, prohibiting sales of certain weapons, and then progressing to buyback and extinction programs that prevent people from selling or passing on their guns. Each step requires increasing trust in the government compared to the previous on

All i know is this nigga ain’t touching any of cumar maxamuud’s weapons lol the minute he dares to try such a thing we will burn garowe to the ground
Saabuun will be confiscated and stored in xerada xorgoble. :umad:

img_1_1710290819295 (1).jpg

All heavy weapon systems and technicals should be stored there. :damedamn:

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent

If there's a will there's a way if you can't take weapons away from civilians then you are not a government.

RIP Puntland if Deni tries to disarm reer mudug.
That area is way too unstable with the Galmudug border. Millitas acts as a rapid response units for PL military. If an invasion were to start the clan militia would be the first to respond as the PL army mobilizes.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
That area is way too unstable with the Galmudug border. Millitas acts as a rapid response units for PL military. If an invasion were to start the clan militia would be the first to respond as the PL army mobilizes.

That's what I tell hawiye and Isaaq don't bother or waste your time stirring up shit in PL, they have a hybrid defence posture with the govt forces being one side of the coin but the other side of the coin is the clan militia who will mobilize immediately to assist the govt forces in the event of national emergency. Some even argue the govt forces is just weji hore and weji dambe ayaa jiro which is far stronger.

Their not like Isaaq if U defeat their army, their ppl can't do shit as it's all centralised. So I urge irir focus on Isaaq U stand better chance there then Puntland where everyone is on stand by be it govt forces or the large undocumented clan militia reserves.

Then they should join the puntland military. They could be professional and that wouldn’t affect how deadly they are, but at least just join the government payroll. I’m sure deni intends to have recruitment for fixed number of soldiers.

Then they should join the puntland military. They could be professional and that wouldn’t affect how deadly they are, but at least just join the government payroll. I’m sure deni intends to have recruitment for fixed number of soldiers.
Unnecessary economic pressure on PL. They'll do it for free under the guise of protecting their land. Why waste already limited funding on something that will happen regardless?

Unnecessary economic pressure on PL. They'll do it for free under the guise of protecting their land. Why waste already limited funding on something that will happen regardless?
Fair point. I’m just looking at it from the perspective of state building. You’re right that money could go towards more promising projects. But if puntland goes towards the mission of statehood, a military with mushar is the backbone of any any nation. However only when puntland is able to generate enough revenue to comfortably pay for these.

Trending