Day of Arafat is next week (day b4 Eid). Fast for 1 day and erase sins from last year and next year!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The Day of Arafat is on the day before Eid Al-Adha, which is next week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Arafah
Abu Qatada al-Ansari narrated that Prophet Muhammad was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. Also about fasting on the Ashura(10 Muharram) he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year.

In Sahih Muslim it was narrated from Aisha that Prophet Muhammad said:

'There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of Arafah. He comes close and expresses His fulfillment to the angels, saying, 'What do these people want?'

Sura 5 - Al Ma'idah - The Banquet Table
Verse 3
Allah said:
This day, those who cover over (the truth of God) have given up all hope of (destroying) your way of life. So don't be afraid of them; rather, fear only Me. This day, I have perfected your way of life for you, completed My favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your way of life.

The following are from the footnotes of The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English by Sheikh Yahiya Emerick.

On the quoted [5:3]:
This was one of the last passages revealed to Prophet Muhammad, indicating that his ministry was coming at an end. The name of the religion, Islam, or surrender to God’s will, is given in this verse. It was revealed on a Friday during the Prophet’s Farewell Pilgrimage in the year 632 and recited to the gathered throng of 100,000 people on what is known as the Day of Arafat. While many Muslims were elated at this confident statement from God, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab began to weep openly. When the Prophet asked him why he was weeping, ‘Umar replied, “This verse seems to signal that your time in this world is drawing to a close. With the perfection of Islam, the need for a messenger has been fulfilled.” The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Eighty days later, the Prophet passed away, leaving ‘Umar distraught and despondent. Some years later, after ‘Umar had been elevated to the office of caliph, a Jewish man in Medina approached ‘Umar and said, “Leader of the Muslims, you recite a verse in your book that, if it were revealed to us, would have caused us to make that day a holiday.” Umar replied, “Which verse is that?” Then the Jew read this verse. ‘Umar exclaimed, “I swear to God that I know the day in which it was revealed to the Messenger and its hour. It was late in the daytime on the day of ‘Arafat on a Friday.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

On [62:11]:
The Prophet said, “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection. The witnessed day is the Day of Arafat, and the witness is Friday. The sun has neither risen nor set on a day better than it. There is a time (on Friday) in which a faithful servant who is praying to God for good will find God responding to him. If he seeks to be protected from something, God will keep him safe from it.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Ashura just erases the previous year's sins. It is projected to be on Monday, September 9 this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashura

The fasting is to commemorate the day when Prophet Moses and his followers were saved from Pharaoh by Allah by creating a path in the Red Sea. According to Muslim tradition, the Jews also fasted on the tenth day. According to Sunni Muslim tradition, Ibn Abbas narrates that Prophet Muhammad came to Medina and saw the Jews fasting on the tenth day of Muharram. He asked, "What is this?" They said, "This is a good day, this is the day when Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy and Musa (Moses) fasted on this day." He said, "We have more claim over Musa than you." So he fasted on the day and told the people to fast.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The Day of Arafat is on the day before Eid Al-Adha, which is next week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Arafah
Abu Qatada al-Ansari narrated that Prophet Muhammad was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, whereupon he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year. Also about fasting on the Ashura(10 Muharram) he said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year.

In Sahih Muslim it was narrated from Aisha that Prophet Muhammad said:

'There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of Arafah. He comes close and expresses His fulfillment to the angels, saying, 'What do these people want?'

Sura 5 - Al Ma'idah - The Banquet Table
Verse 3

The following are from the footnotes of The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English by Sheikh Yahiya Emerick.

On the quoted [5:3]:
This was one of the last passages revealed to Prophet Muhammad, indicating that his ministry was coming at an end. The name of the religion, Islam, or surrender to God’s will, is given in this verse. It was revealed on a Friday during the Prophet’s Farewell Pilgrimage in the year 632 and recited to the gathered throng of 100,000 people on what is known as the Day of Arafat. While many Muslims were elated at this confident statement from God, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab began to weep openly. When the Prophet asked him why he was weeping, ‘Umar replied, “This verse seems to signal that your time in this world is drawing to a close. With the perfection of Islam, the need for a messenger has been fulfilled.” The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Eighty days later, the Prophet passed away, leaving ‘Umar distraught and despondent. Some years later, after ‘Umar had been elevated to the office of caliph, a Jewish man in Medina approached ‘Umar and said, “Leader of the Muslims, you recite a verse in your book that, if it were revealed to us, would have caused us to make that day a holiday.” Umar replied, “Which verse is that?” Then the Jew read this verse. ‘Umar exclaimed, “I swear to God that I know the day in which it was revealed to the Messenger and its hour. It was late in the daytime on the day of ‘Arafat on a Friday.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

On [62:11]:
The Prophet said, “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection. The witnessed day is the Day of Arafat, and the witness is Friday. The sun has neither risen nor set on a day better than it. There is a time (on Friday) in which a faithful servant who is praying to God for good will find God responding to him. If he seeks to be protected from something, God will keep him safe from it.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)
Yes then its a Saturday if before Eid

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
What day is it bro?
Eid is next Sunday, August 11 for my community (using astronomical data and mathematical calculations). So I will be fasting the Day of Arafat on Saturday, August 10.

It may vary in different communities depending on moon sightings and such. Check your local mosque or regional Islamic's association's website.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Dang, I think I will be on an international flight on the 10th. I will see if I can do it.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Also, try your best to perform good deeds these first days of Dhul-Hijah. They are blessed days after the 10 blessed nights of Ramadan.

I will be flying on that day. So idk if i can fast it since the i will be flying the whole day
you can fast while flying. u are just sitting in a plane, how hard is it to fast?
most long haul flights are 13 hrs, and the fasting is about the same amount of time.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Thanks for the reminder.

God knows I need to erase a lot of sins. Smh.

Alxamdullilah I can’t wait to fast inshallah.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Thanks for the reminder.

God knows I need to erase a lot of sins. Smh.

Alxamdullilah I can’t wait to fast inshallah.
:whew:
It's been a busy year in the politics and clan sections. A spiritual detox and some protection for the next year is just what I needed. Wallahi, we don't deserve a creator this merciful.
:wow1:

Sambuus

Inactive
you can fast while flying. u are just sitting in a plane, how hard is it to fast?
most long haul flights are 13 hrs, and the fasting is about the same amount of time.
Bruh i’m going to Spain on a holiday and as soon as we gonna land its midnight there, and our hotel don’t have food included in it.

Trending