Damning report on Somali Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Poverty is still pretty high with an industry which I believe can make the Somalis successful.

Somaliland 72% Poverty
Puntland 75% Poverty

I urge every Somali in the diaspora if You're planning on starting something back home go into agriculture or food production / manufacturering.

Don't understand the poverty rate coz in Hargeisa / Burco everyone i cane across was doing okay either working in business / market or civil servant

Yes you get the occasional beggars but where maybe they have just amount to get by but no disposable income for luxuries

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Poverty is still pretty high with an industry which I believe can make the Somalis successful.

Somaliland 72% Poverty
Puntland 75% Poverty

I urge every Somali in the diaspora if You're planning on starting something back home go into agriculture or food production / manufacturering.

Don't understand the poverty rate coz in Hargeisa / Burco everyone i cane across was doing okay either working in business / market or civil servant

Yes you get the occasional beggars but where maybe they have just amount to get by but no disposable income for luxuries
Nice try.

According to the Somalia Human Development Report, 82 percent of the population is poor across multiple dimensions (UNDP 2012). The incidence of poverty is especially high in the Southern regions (89 percent), partly because of a still active insurgency, food shortages, and badly deteriorated infrastructure. But poverty is also very widespread in the more stable northwestern and northeastern regions of the country (72 percent in Somaliland and 75 percent in Puntland).
Here's the 2017 results.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/huge-world-bank-poverty-survey.31811/#post-833225

Somaliland 72% Poverty
Puntland 75% Poverty

Anyone who can afford to live in Hargeisa isn't in extreme poverty and has enough family connections.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Property & contract laws are the silver bullets we need to fix poverty.

Somalis are natural tradesman but without being able to protect our assets no one is willing to build a risky business.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
I'm not point scoring I want both to strive, Evi do we have to fight.

Think like a businessman. I'm going Somaliland soon insha'Allah to set up shop in Maydh and would like to expand eastwards into Sanaag up to elayo.

The best way to integrate Sanaag into Somaliland is through business developments
It won't be easy as East sanaag is integrated with puntland economy.Integrating Sanaag with somaliland is really hard due to the proximity of The Bosaso port etc.

Zero

Somaliland patriot
I'm not point scoring I want both to strive, Evi do we have to fight.
Are you insane? Puntland has a militia within our border.Our current/future relationship is that of conflict and bloodshed.Wishing for PL to do better means they will have better funds to hire more militia and arm them.More of our soldiers will die needlessly defending our border.

You have to be sensible and not soft hearted.

It won't be easy as East sanaag is integrated with puntland economy.Integrating Sanaag with somaliland is really hard due to the proximity of The Bosaso port etc.
That explains why its so impoverished.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Are you insane? Puntland has a militia within our border.Our current/future relationship is that of conflict and bloodshed.Wishing for PL to do better means they will have better funds to hire more militia and arm them.More of our soldiers will die needlessly defending our border.

You have to be sensible and not soft hearted.

That explains why its so impoverished.
Zero learn from the True Isaaqs of SomSpot
@Lordilord @SirLancelLord @draco @Saalax Bidaar , they all want whats best for Somaliland but also want whats best for Puntland if it doesn't damage or effect Somaliland and to these brothers, Dalkiinu ha noolato, Dowlad Gobeed. :salute:
But to @Zero and @Oday Sanaag Maalkina ba':childplease:

Zero

Somaliland patriot
Zero learn from the True Isaaqs of SomSpot
@Lordilord @SirLancelLord @draco @Saalax Bidaar , they all want whats best for Somaliland but also want whats best for Puntland if it doesn't damage or effect Somaliland and to these brothers, Dalkiinu ha noolato, Dowlad Gobeed. :salute:
But to @Zero and @Oday Sanaag Maalkina ba':childplease:
Did you read even read my post? I said "Puntland has a militia within our border.Wishing for PL to do better means they will have better funds to hire more militia and arm them.More of our soldiers will die needlessly defending our border." The current Puntland effects Somaliland in a extremely negative way.Any citizen of SL that shows soft heartedness right now isn't being sensible at all.

First and foremost,I don't feel guild for caring about the wellbeing of my countrymen above all else.If Puntland wasn't operating within our border and taking lives of our soldiers needlessly then I would have wished them all the best.But sadly that isn't the case.

Puntland is a federal state of Somalia(our nr1 enemy) that currently operates within our border.It gives FGS legitimacy to start a proxy war at any time.The Somalilander that can't sense how serious the situation is might as well be blind.Our future only holds bloodshed.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Somaliland 72% Poverty
Puntland 75% Poverty

Their all chewing khat, it's the drug that makes you unproductive as science measures what you do with your time against tangible results. If your spending 8 hours of your day chewing 7 days a week, your productivity rates are obvious to see and it does impact on investor decisions as their really isn't much money to be made from someone who doesn't earn a living. So yes Somaliland naturally will have the highest poverty rates among all Somali regions as it has the highest drug usage rate.

Plus their is problems economically whether you want to accept it or not. Most of Hargeisa commercial goods is brought by trucks from Burco who use Bosaso port. There is not a single dhow in Berbera that brings in commercial goods into Somaliland as the clans that reside in Berbera refuse it.

You simply have one livestock ship there at all times and that is pretty much the extent of your economy as that is your biggest revenue generator, the rest is small taxes on businesses. You can work out your whole GDP quite easily actually. It's simply houses, small shops, livestock, telecommunication and hotels, and remittance, there is nothing else happening and each one can be measured in it's real world value terms. The poverty rate for Puntland is 26% it's nowhere near the same as Somaliland, as the drug usage rate is far less.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Wallahi i didnt know Puntland soldiers were in West Sanaag, West Sool, Togdheer, Waqooyi Galbeed, Awdal? Isn't that Somaalilaan? Soomaalilaan ha noolato, Puntlandna hanoolaato

Zero

Somaliland patriot
Their all chewing khat, it's the drug that makes you unproductive as science measures what you do with your time against tangible results. If your spending 8 hours of your day chewing 7 days a week, your productivity rates are obvious to see and it does impact on investor decisions as their really isn't much money to be made from someone who doesn't earn a living. So yes Somaliland naturally will have the highest poverty rates among all Somali regions as it has the highest drug usage rate.

Plus their is problems economically whether you want to accept it or not. Most of Hargeisa commercial goods is brought by trucks from Burco who use Bosaso port. There is not a single dhow that brings in commercial goods into Somaliland as the clans that reside in Berbera refuse it.

You simply have one livestock ship there at all times and that is pretty much the extent of your economy as that is your biggest revenue generator, the rest is small taxes on businesses. You can work out your whole GDP quite easily actually. It's simply houses, small shops, livestock, telecommunication and hotels, there is nothing else happening. The poverty rate for Puntland is 26% it's nowhere near the same as Somaliland, as the drug usage rate is far less.
I'm baffled at how you can spew such nonsense without any evidence nor sources to your claims.

Yes SL has problem with Khat,but its also a very lucrative business which brings in millions of dollars every year.Its for a reason that one of the 10 Richest Ethiopian millionairs is the Isaaq khat tycoon Suhura Ismail Khan with an estimated net worth of $200 million.

Somaliland has companies such as Coca Cola, which has partnered with a local business to open a $17 million worth of bottling plant outside Hargeisa, employing 100+ local people which Puntland could only dream of.

The lounges of Hargeisa’s hotels are fast becoming a melting pot for investors, eyeing opportunities in emerging sectors with potential for growth, such as logistics, fisheries, agriculture and infrastructure, particularly renewable energy, roads, railways, airports and hospitals. Resources companies are conducting exploratory work across Somaliland, testing for evidence of the oil, gas and abundance of minerals that are believed to exist below the surface of our land and beyond our coastline.

DP World is just but one of an increasing number of multinational companies viewing Somaliland as a secure and stable location through which to access the east African market.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'm baffled at how you can spew such nonsense without any evidence nor sources to your claims.

Yes SL has problem with Khat,but its also a very lucrative business which brings in millions of dollars every year.Its for a reason that one of the 10 Richest Ethiopian millionairs is the Isaaq khat tycoon Suhura Ismail Khan with an estimated net worth of $200 million.

Somaliland has companies such as Coca Cola, which has partnered with a local business to open a $17 million worth of bottling plant outside Hargeisa, employing 100+ local people which Puntland could only dream of.

The lounges of Hargeisa’s hotels are fast becoming a melting pot for investors, eyeing opportunities in emerging sectors with potential for growth, such as logistics, fisheries, agriculture and infrastructure, particularly renewable energy, roads, railways, airports and hospitals. Resources companies are conducting exploratory work across Somaliland, testing for evidence of the oil, gas and abundance of minerals that are believed to exist below the surface of our land and beyond our coastline.

DP World is just but one of an increasing number of multinational companies viewing Somaliland as a secure and stable location through which to access the east African market.

You don't get it bro, it doesn't matter if you bring all america's wealth to somaliland it won't change much as the people will exchange everything they get to drugs which goes into their mouth only. No forward thinking at all, no investment ideas, no business generation, that's how economies grow. Your economy is put money in one hand it goes to the khat in the other hand which produces no tangible net productivity increase but decreases only. But if you took the money ur given and put it into something else that generates a net productivity and all your people did that you start to rise out of poverty but it simply won't happen. Somaliland is a lost cause only clan pride holds it together not economic rationality.

Your doomed to poverty, heck have you ever seen somalilanders ever coming out and cleaning their streets? booli qaran to the core and that is clear indications they the people are useless. It doesn't matter if you have 10 billionaires, they won't build an economy as they buy enough just for themselves, while the people live in squalid conditions. Your 10 billionaires are clearly outmatched by every puntlander who has a good sized wallet plus billionaires of their own.

We have our local hero qaad-diid. Puntlanders always leading in some way or another through-out history and today. We bring Change in everything. FGM ended in Puntland. Federalism Started. SYL started. Qaad wars started. Sultanates started

Awale.jpg

Last edited:

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP

Imagine what Hargeysa would be with Independence. Itd be Something else.
You could acquire Independence with thr Support of DDSi putting pressure om Ethiopia.
NFD putting pressure on Kenya
PL and JL pressuring Somalia.
And Daarood would support an independent Somaliland if Somaliland stopped claiming Daarood land.
I for sure would support a independent Somaliland

The Somali diaspora sends more remi ances home ($2,040 per emigrant a year) than any other African diaspora group (the African average is $1,263). An es mated 1–1.5 million Somalis living abroad contribute remi ances, es mated at $1.2–$1.3 billion a year (FSNAU 2015; U.K. Government 2015) or $2 billion (Hammond, Dagan Ali, and Hendrick 2011; Orozco and Yansura 2015) a year. They exceed the $1 billion received in development aid in 2012 and account for about 80 percent of investment in Somalia and half of the country’s gross na onal income.

:farmajoyaab:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Audhibillah they even wrote something about our qat problem, look at pge 12 :farmajoyaab::faysalwtf: who the hell told them

Yeah it's sad not a single qaad-diid leader in somaliland, he would by lynched. I guess they come under abukar awale crusade mission. He will visit hargeisa but fears being killed as khat is so important there. He could operate anywhere else in Somalia with qaad-diid crusade as it's not a big portion of the people chewing. In hargeisa it's the whole city that is drug addicts.

Last edited:
Somali men and women have always shared crop- related responsibilites, especially in subsistence farming, where women provide more than 60 percent of labor. :damn: They know everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts