Dahab tower in Mogadishu

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Ganna have to wait and see if this is a scam or real. Hope, Akon city becomes real tho

His other projects, "Lightening Africa", is still ongoing.
Which shows that he does work and goes to the end of his projects!

If this concept of city-building catches up with Africa's billionnaires,
we might have our own "Akon City"!

His other projects, "Lightening Africa", is still ongoing.
Which shows that he does work and goes to the end of his projects!

If this concept of city-building catches up with Africa's billionnaires,
we might have our own "Akon City"!

All I'm ganna say is good luck to Akon because his reputation is on the line with this city. I think it's ganna cost $6 billion hopefully they stay on budget.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
But where in Mogadishu is this going to go. What neighborhood/street

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 8.43.20 am.png

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Dahabshiil has stated this is going to be a $20 Million USD project with foreign and Somali builders. They are billing their mall to be the best in the Horn of Africa.

Floors: 22 storeys (6f Mall + 2f Souk + 6f apartments + 8f Offices)

Here are some floor plans.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.16.55 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.10 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.21 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.34 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.16.55 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.10 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.21 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.17.34 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.24.09 pm.png

Good development, but the trouble is the lack of zoning laws and an efficient city plan.

They should have already allocated an area for malls of this nature, so that the landscape is filled with similar buildings, parking lots as well as being pedestrian friendly. Otherwise, you will see nice buildings such as this, next to a slum made of corrugated iron dwellings, which then turns into people being evicted by unscrupulous developers.

They really need to divide the city into zones ; residential, commercial, industry and so forth.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Good development, but the trouble is the lack of zoning laws and an efficient city plan.

They should have already allocated an area for malls of this nature, so that the landscape is filled with similar buildings, parking lots as well as being pedestrian friendly. Otherwise, you will see nice buildings such as this, next to a slum made of corrugated iron dwellings.

Normally that would be the case but I would imagine that property developers in Xamar have done that work themselves.

They know well that having a slum near their developments is bad business, so I would imagine most of them steer clear from building near run down areas. Also, by having a development such as this one, the overall land value in the area will increase meaning more people will build there and less likely to tolerate poor development.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
For those asking which area, heard the project is in Hodan district..this is how certain side of Hodan's been looking lately, so maybe Dahab tower won't stick out?
1628980447325.png

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
bro. Safari is 7 stories and this building is 30 stories. That’s 4 times bigger than safari.

How much is a piece of land on this road in the photo? Anyone know?
I don't think it is going to be on this exact road, I've read it is in Hodan so I posted some of the recent developments there.