DAAWO: A Federal Somali: Not If But How - A survey on federalism in five cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
This is a very good video on the people's thoughts on federalism. It was posted in 2015.
Description:
  • The majority of those surveyed view federalism as the most suitable form of governance to decentralize Somalia, because it facilitates reasonable power sharing among clans, enables regional autonomy and ultimately leads to a reduction of conflict. • A substantial majority still views the current federation process as deeply flawed, because it is a largely elite- driven and externally facilitated scheme that promotes clan identity at the expense of citizenship.
  • Social reconciliation was identified as a prerequisite for a successful implementation of federalism in Somalia.
  • Despite significant support for a federal form of governance, the Somali people’s understanding on the intricate and the nuanced nature of federalism remains extremely low. This highlights the need for a robust civic education campaign.
If the video is too long, here is the 2 minute clip that helped me find this video.
That woman put it better than I ever could.
:banderas:
One interesting thing that I learned in the video was that while we as Puntland consider ourselves the father of federalism, the people of South West State were the first ones who thought of it. They were pushing for federalism during colonial times since 1947 so they are the grandfather of federalism.

68% of those surveyed in the five cities support federalism.
  • 88% in Kismayo.
  • 78% in Garowe.
  • 75% in Baydhabo.
  • 73% in Mogadishu.
  • 42% in Baraxley.
The surprising results in Mogadishu are explained in the video as a consequence of the city having clans who hail from regions around the country.

Still the results are better than I expected. If it were ever put to referendum, I think federalism would win.

You can read the research paper here.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Check out the bantu expander at the end (28:00). He seems pretty confident that a Madow would become president if we had one man one vote. Obama was just the beginning of a global bantu takeover he says. Maybe we should have a census first.
:jaynerd:

Last edited:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Federalism is the only solution that will ever work. I read couple of chapters of the federal dastuur before going to sleep every night.

Btw, Heritage institute is Interahamwe run Organization

Silky

操你的媽媽
is a largely elite- driven and externally facilitated scheme that promotes clan identity at the expense of citizenship

So a puntland of Bari and Nugaal yeah? Under your new federal formula there would be no north mudug or lascaanood or badhan if a federal state is built on citizenship and not clanism. SL is therefore the best example of Crow's federal Somalia:stevej: a state in which multiple clans share a state.

Anyway I'm sure a MJ would worm his way to become President of Galmudug, so beesha should welcome more regional presidencies, nothing can stand in the way of your people and political office:gaasdrink:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

So a puntland of Bari and Nugaal yeah? Under your new federal formula there would be no north mudug or lascaanood or badhan if a federal state is built on citizenship and not clanism. SL is therefore the best example of Crow's federal Somalia:stevej: a state in which multiple clans share a state.

Anyway I'm sure a MJ would worm his way to become President of Galmudug, so beesha should welcome more regional presidencies, nothing can stand in the way of your people and political office:gaasdrink:
What the hell are you talking about?
:mindblown:
I didn't write any of that. I just copy pasted the YouTube description. Those aren't my thoughts but the thoughts of anti federalism people in the video.

Silky

操你的媽媽
Well I assumed you were also against the current federation process and wanted a new federal arrangement which promoted citizenship over clannism, if not my bad, cos one is clearly better than the other.

I was nearly a federalist aswell:kanyeshrug:

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation

Macaanto, I don't like to get involved in Triangle politics but here is the honourable Faisal Ali Warabe, who I consider the greatest Somali politician of our life, throwing a fit after hearing Hassan Sheikh say Sool iyo Sanaag belongs to Harti Puntland. :damedamn:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Silky

操你的媽媽
Macaanto, I don't like to get involved in Triangle politics but here is the honourable Faisal Ali Warabe, who I consider the greatest Somali politician of our life, throwing a fit after hearing Hassan Sheikh say Sool iyo Sanaag belongs to Harti Puntland. :damedamn:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mudane Sasquatch, firstly I'm a Garxajis Geeljire, and secondly Adeer Hyena is not quite right in the head, so the opinions of a failed politician and some hawiye nigga don't mean shit to me.

Small parts of the east may be inhabited by minority tribes but those lands irrespective of who lives on them belongs to the State and only war will dislodge that reality, a Dhulos land in LA much like a Bigfoots in Jigjiga belongs to people who were first granted those lands and now control it by force.

The only way that PL gets those lands is fighting for it, plus are the borders of the FMS set down in the Federal Constitution I'm not sure, so what can the FGS even do about SSC or Mudug

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Federalism can work in Somalia but the geeljire mindset is too simple to make it work federalism doesn’t mean quasi-independence it means a strong federal government who respects the rights of its federal states and vice versa

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Federalism can work in Somalia but the geeljire mindset is too simple to make it work federalism doesn’t mean quasi-independence it means a strong federal government who respects the rights of its federal states and vice versa
For that to happen the dastuur has to be completed. President after president have wasted time on bullshit other then security and working on a permanent dastuur that will clearly show people the division of power. Farmaajo is doing the same thing so dont whine when people run thier own affairs like independent nations. The problem is large section of folks in the south and within the parliament/villa somalia dont want a federal somalia and want things to return the way it was before the war.

In PL, it clearly says in the our dastuur, we will function as a nation till people get their shit together.:manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending