Culture appropriation

Alluring

Sayonara
After seeing Adele getting bashed for wearing bantu knots and a jamaican bikini because of it’s culture appropriation, my 68 iq started thinking. Only americans actually care about this, like go to any other ethnic country and they have no problem with people wearing their cultural clothing and styles, some of them would be proud in fact.

Madow americans started this idea and now everyone else copying them. And the worst part is their the ethnic group that does the most copying, wearing latin women hair, white women eye contacts, asian woman dresses & tattoos. meel walba way joogaan to the point they start policing other people’s cultures that aren’t even their own :bell:.

It’s crazy huh
Appropriation culture/cancel culture is the stupidest thing I ever heard about
You can’t police people for what they wear etc. Makes no sense
The same people segregating hair styles,outfits, certain behaviours, accents and music are the same ones complaining about being treated differently and asking for integration while also enforcing negative stereotypes. Ex claiming rap/street/gang culture is black culture
Only way this could be put to rest is if other cultures heavily shame black celebrities/influencers for cultural appropriation. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
After seeing Adele getting bashed for wearing bantu knots and a jamaican bikini because of it’s culture appropriation, my 68 iq started thinking. Only americans actually care about this, like go to any other ethnic country and they have no problem with people wearing their cultural clothing and styles, some of them would be proud in fact.

Madow americans started this idea and now everyone else copying them. And the worst part is their the ethnic group that does the most copying, wearing latin women hair, white women eye contacts, asian woman dresses & tattoos. meel walba way joogaan to the point they start policing other people’s cultures that aren’t even their own :bell:.
Exactly what I was thinking too. African American's are the only pressed ones. Wallahi no body cares if white people share their culture, in fact they get happy. If Somali's see a white woman braiding her hair our way and wearing somali traditional clothes we would all be shocked and happy like woahhh mashallah naag cadaan loves us. but african americans are all like "ur wHiTe stop wearing our stuff" sensitive people

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I don’t think I’d equate eye coloured contacts and weaves/wigs to cultural attire which is more meaningful. Sometimes I feel we’re so quick to judge AAs harshly. For a very long time they’ve had no voice and only til recently. I think it’s a lot deeper than just wanting to call out white people. Tbh after all they’ve been through I don’t see the problem, I call it karma

So many Jamaicans were mad at a lot of non Jamaicans/Caribbean’s for gatekeeping and acting as if they felt offended.

Adele didn’t even make fun of Jamaican culture.

plus Bantu knots don’t belong to every Bantu person. It belongs to the Zulu people of South Africa

Alluring

Sayonara
It’s crazy huh
Appropriation culture/cancel culture is the stupidest thing I ever heard about
You can’t police people for what they wear etc. Makes no sense
The same people segregating hair styles,outfits, certain behaviours, accents and music are the same ones complaining about being treated differently and asking for integration while also enforcing negative stereotypes. Ex claiming rap/street/gang culture is black culture
Only way this could be put to rest is if other cultures heavily shame black celebrities/influencers for cultural appropriation. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

I also noticed how often they call out white and nonblack celebrities for wearing their culture but they ignore their own celebrities.

Exactly what I was thinking too. African American's are the only pressed ones. Wallahi no body cares if white people share their culture, in fact they get happy. If Somali's see a white woman braiding her hair our way and wearing somali traditional clothes we would all be shocked and happy like woahhh mashallah naag cadaan loves us. but african americans are all like "ur wHiTe stop wearing our stuff" sensitive people

What do you expect from African-Americans, they are the most downtrodden self-hating group in the world. In some way I pity them, but then I remember how idiotic they can be and just dislike them again.

They need to stop being so sensitive and actually act respectable, they need to abandon ghetto and gang culture. Go back to how they dressed and acted in the days of Martin Luther King Jr otherwise, there will never be a future for them in the US.

Eventually, the cadaans in the US are going to get tired of being told to feel guilty about everything, I mean they're already starting to question their so-called "white guilt".

Alluring

Sayonara
I don’t think I’d equate eye coloured contacts and weaves/wigs to cultural attire which is more meaningful. Sometimes I feel we’re so quick to judge AAs harshly. For a very long time they’ve had no voice and only til recently. I think it’s a lot deeper than just wanting to call out white people. Tbh after all they’ve been through I don’t see the problem, I call it karma

I use to think that too but at some point I started to realize the intellectual dishonesty.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Cultural appropriation and cancel culture is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life and it usually exists within the internet. Nobody has the guts to police you in real life but one hypocritical thing I find among the black community is the men wear all types of European fashion brands like Gucci, Versace, LV, Balmain, Dior, Valentino, Prada, Balenciaga and etc. The women put on blonde hair or black Latino hair. They put on blue or green eye lenses. They lighten their skin tone and wear European clothes too.

African Americans are the biggest cultural appropriators ever and they have the audacity to tell other people not do their music or dress like them? Excuse me? People from other culture would get proud if they were influencing other cultures. Black Americans are very close-minded and hateful people. One thing I hate about their hypocrisy is it's okay for them to be racist but when someone claps back all of a sudden they're victims. It's unreal but eventually, people will get tired of it and very soon they will learn the hard way.

Now they demonized Adele. I feel bad her.