CULTURAL MUSLIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Cultural Muslims are secular, religiously unobservant or irreligious individuals who still identify with Muslim culture due to family background, personal experiences or the social and cultural environment in which they grew up.”

What do you guys think about people who consider themselves culturally Muslim who are actually atheist/agnostics? I kind of think of it as "Christians" who don't believe in Christ but still celebrate christmas, go to church for weddings or funerals. Any ex muslims here who would like to share their thoughts? Would you introduce this lifestyle to your children?

“Cultural Muslims are secular, religiously unobservant or irreligious individuals who still identify with Muslim culture due to family background, personal experiences or the social and cultural environment in which they grew up.”

What do you guys think about people who consider themselves culturally Muslim who are actually atheist/agnostics? I kind of think of it as "Christians" who don't believe in Christ but still celebrate christmas, go to church for weddings or funerals. Any ex muslims here who would like to share their thoughts? Would you introduce this lifestyle to your children?

Are you a cultural muslim?

:mjpls:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Sounds like

IMG_0605.JPG

They aren't muslims. there is no such thing as a cultural muslim. Being a muslim means u practice Islam to the best of your abilities honestly and sincerely. what i don't get is if someone doesn't want to practice islam, why not just leave it completely?

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
They aren't muslims. there is no such thing as a cultural muslim. Being a muslim means u practice Islam to the best of your abilities honestly and sincerely. what i don't get is if someone doesn't want to practice islam, why not just leave it completely?
Real talk

There is actually a very distinctive difference between cultural Muslims and secular Muslims and people often can't differentiate between.

Now let me tell you the difference secular muslims (like me) believe every aspect of Islam accept the idea of forcing Sharia law on people. Secular muslims perform all Islamic pillars to a degree i.e. Ramadhan, Salah and Hajj to name a few. In other words secular muslims main argument is politics and religion should not be intermixed. A good example of a secular Muslim is Tariq Ramadhan.

Now cultural Muslims are people who have barely any connection to Islam (I mean in terms of practice) or very little at all. The only connection they have are that of their parents or grandparents were Muslims or they have been muslim at a point in their life. These are the kind of people who have not prayed a single day in the year yet when ramadhan comes they hype about it only to fast one or two days and that is it. They are growing rapidly in the west btw.

Point in simple terms secular muslims and not the same as cultural muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending