Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Do you have a tax free allowance ?

UK is 12k per year

:damn::damn: thats a violation anything after that is 20-40 percent tax

Bless reer Murica, its 10 to 20% max here if you sell within a year, and like 5 to 10% max after that.:win:

Bless reer Murica, its 10 to 20% max here if you sell within a year, and like 5 to 10% max after that.:win:
i'm gonna have to look into how to get american citizenship
f*ck this shit, wallahi i'm seething right now and reading up on how monero works apparently it helps to hide transactions and shit

Apollo

VIP
~13 days left for the Tether reckoning.

It can be a big nothing burger.

However, if you have nearly all your life savings in crypto right now, consider risk protection.

Apollo

VIP
whats risk protection?? isit insurance?

Some options:

- Sell everything and just hodl fiat (risky, as crypto may continue to pump).
- Keep your crypto and move to Bitstamp, Kraken, or Coinbase. These three are the least likely to go belly up. Low risk option.
- Sell everything, cash out, then move the fiat to a regulated broker like Robinhood and trade the few cryptos they have from there (temporarily).

Anyhow, Tether can be a big nothingburger, but there are just too many hints that they may be a giant fraud.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
~13 days left for the Tether reckoning.

It can be a big nothing burger.

However, if you have nearly all your life savings in crypto right now, consider risk protection.

Whats happening in 13 days?

Apollo

VIP
Whats happening in 13 days?

Tether has the reveal their backing to the NYAG.

However, there is a small chance that they will delay it again. If they do, then markets will still dump as it would be a bearish sign. If they reveal that they are fully backed, then markets will pump.

Nobody knows except the insiders there.

Get an Isa account you can link your savings/investments to it and be tax exempt for upto £20k.

Isn’t crypto 20% tax regardless. Isa is mainly for stocks ect. Uk is pretty lenient you jet 20k free tax allowance on any gains forever in an isa and 12,500 tax free on non isa per year. They need to add crypto to the 12500 tax free capital gains tax.

Apollo

VIP

Caused the dump a few mins ago.

A major exchange kowtowing to tax agencies.

Luckily I am from a laangaab country. They don't have the power to make offshore crypto exchanges force them data. :whew:

R.I.P. Americans.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
tanking? it's gonna hit it's ATH :lolbron:

I started to inform myself about crypto taxes in Canada.....wallahi I'm fuming right now, it's daylight robbery, you get taxed on unrealized gains and you get taxed crypto to crypto @Desert Flower was right f*ck this place :pacspit: so fucking unreasonable one of the few places that enforce that. Gonna try to learn how to use monero to hide this shit and get different wallets abohodo a wassaan :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:
Same here in Finland, every transaction/converting from cryptocoin to another is taxed, any gains even if it's unrealized is taxed, if you bought goods with crypto it's taxed, the tax is at least 34%.

The only way you avoid that is by sell-low-buy-high strategy

Apollo

VIP
Same here in Finland, every transaction/converting from cryptocoin to another is taxed, any gains even if it's unrealized is taxed, if you bought goods with crypto it's taxed, the tax is at least 34%.

The only way you avoid that is by sell-low-buy-high strategy

Never paid taxes on any of my crypto gains. :browtf::damn:

I haven't moved over to Bitstamp yet (was planning to actually), still on Binance, but shit that Kraken IRS thing has scared me now. I am going to avoid European crypto exchanges forever.

Edit: Hot damn, Binance is registered in Malta. I may be fucked. Hoping that banana mafia republic Malta doesn't kowtow.

Status
Not open for further replies.