Creator of Somali Latin Alphabet: Muse Haji Ismail Galal

@TabK

Your entire premise is built upon a lie, the same lies that the twitter revisionist thread tried to propagate which is why I wouldn't be surprised if it was you behind that account, but I digress. There is no fkd when it comes to debunking fabrications, I have nothing against Galal and see him as a Somali scholar, however he didn't create the official somali script chosen in 72' in a committee that he was a part of. He was a proponent of Shire's script which had distinct variations since he used things like apostrophe's and slashes alongside other symbols that would have made the script convoluted.

I'll pick apart your claims below and go line by line to make it clear and concise. You shouldn't have made the mistake of trying to pull the wool over someone that is well versed in Somali history. Maybe kids and illiterates on twitter wouldn't know any better.

You said Shire didn't add anything to Galaal's script, but that wouldn't make sense since both of their scripts were reviewed by the UNESCO Language commission and recommended Shire's script over Galaal. And also your last excerpt titled "A Somali Poetic Combat" puts you in a precarious spot since it also asserts that they made some slight changes and variations i.e 'we used Shire's script'

That journal was also written by Andrejewski who in the excerpt below asserted that Shire's script became the official Somali Orthography, this is not up for debate.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.21.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 8.17.16 PM.png

You go on to say that galaal introduced the 'Dh' instead 'd' and that only the 'x' is missing, but that is a lie and can be debunked quite easily.

In the below excerpt from the UNESCO Language commission Galaal is Orthography '4'. While Shire is Orthography '7' I'll prove an image to minimize misunderstandings.
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 7.57.10 PM.png

Shire has the 'Dh' and Galaal does not. How can you sweep that bold face lie under the rug, it's not fkd as you put it but keeping to the sanctity of history and not allowing for cheap revisionism/fabrications. As you can see under Orthography #7 there is a 'dh' and a 'd' under #4 and the same thing in regards to the 'ch' and 'h'
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 7.37.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 8.04.52 PM.png

@TabK

Your entire premise is built upon a lie, the same lies that the twitter revisionist thread tried to propagate which is why I wouldn't be surprised if it was you behind that account, but I digress. There is no fkd when it comes to debunking fabrications, I have nothing against Galal and see him as a Somali scholar, however he didn't create the official somali script chosen in 72' in a committee that he was a part of. He was a proponent of Shire's script which had distinct variations since he used things like apostrophe's and slashes alongside other symbols that would have made the script convoluted.

I'll pick apart your claims below and go line by line to make it clear and concise. You shouldn't have made the mistake of trying to pull the wool over someone that is well versed in Somali history. Maybe kids and illiterates on twitter wouldn't know any better.

You said Shire didn't add anything to Galaal's script, but that wouldn't make sense since both of their scripts were reviewed by the UNESCO Language commission and recommended Shire's script over Galaal. And also your last excerpt titled "A Somali Poetic Combat" puts you in a precarious spot since it also asserts that they made some slight changes and variations i.e 'we used Shire's script'

That journal was also written by Andrejewski who in the excerpt below asserted that Shire's script became the official Somali Orthography, this is not up for debate.

View attachment 163085

View attachment 163086

You go on to say that galaal introduced the 'Dh' instead 'd' and that only the 'x' is missing, but that is a lie and can be debunked quite easily.

In the below excerpt from the UNESCO Language commission Galaal is Orthography '4'. While Shire is Orthography '7' I'll prove an image to minimize misunderstandings.
View attachment 163082

Shire has the 'Dh' and Galaal does not. How can you sweep that bold face lie under the rug, it's not fkd as you put it but keeping to the sanctity of history and not allowing for cheap revisionism/fabrications. As you can see under Orthography #7 there is a 'dh' and a 'd' under #4 and the same thing in regards to the 'ch' and 'h'
View attachment 163080

View attachment 163084

You have no case.

I have presented a clear chronology of the development of the Galaal script, starting in 1953, and ending in 1963. Shire clearly copied Galaal's script, as did plenty of scholars who came after Galaal. Shire's first publication, per your own sources, was in 66-67. Years after Galaal.

The case is open and shut.

You have no case.

I have presented a clear chronology of the development of the Galaal script, starting in 1953, and ending in 1963. Shire clearly copied Galaal's script, as did plenty of scholars who came after Galaal. Shire's first publication, per your own sources, was in 66-67. Years after Galaal.

The case is open and shut.

My case is airtight and any objective observer will grasp that much so in that sense, yes, it is open and shut.

My objective was to prove that the official Somal Latin script and Orthography was indeed developed by Shire Jama Ahmed. I've proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt so my work here is done. If anyone viewing this thread ever comes across fabrications that state otherwise they will have access to references quickly.

@TabK

View attachment 163085

View attachment 163086

View attachment 163082

View attachment 163080

View attachment 163084

It's a simple argument and you're waffling. You provided proof the timeline argument that Shire Jama Ahmed published his magazines in 66-67. So @TabK provided a timeline of Published documents by Galaal that shows double vowels, dh, and c in 1953, 1956, and 1963; all of which predates Shire Jama Ahmed publications(that you provided). Can you produce published documents of Shire that predates the timeline of Galaals documents for these double vowels, dh, c?. Remember you made a reasonable premise by debating using a timeline. Stick to that straight forward method or don't respond

Who disagrees with these 2 premise

1. Galaal script precides the Shire script
2. Shire script is almost the same as Galaal scrip

If we agree on that then we can say that the current official script is a modified Galaal script. Shire made a few MINOR modifications to Galaal's work which the language committee accepted

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalis should have adopted a unique variant of the Arabic script. Arabic and it's script in the form of Far Wadaad was the writing system of literate Somalis for about a millennia. It's the modern and surviving writing system with the most heritage in our culture and should have just been repurposed and kept. There's nothing "Ana Carab" about it either. Iranians, Afghans, Pakistanis and various West-Africans use it to this day due to cultural heritage.

Trending

Latest posts