Could Somalia be multicultural?

Can Somalia be multicultural?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not right now since our country is in the gutter, but my dad told me that Indians and other races used to live in Somalia before it turned to shit.

That blew my mind, since Somalis are some of the most discriminatory people in the world. We even discriminate against one another when it comes to clans.

If our country ever becomes better, do you think we can be accepting to foreigners?

We are definatley xenophobic, however we are really not as racist and people on this forum make it out be. We are just a proud bunch, but nevertheless respectful.

We have had people from different races and ethnic group live peacefully in Somalia for centuries. Indians, Iranians, Yemenis and Omanis. They have lived side by side with ethnic Somalis.

As long as guests of our nation understand that Somalia belongs to Somalis, we should be fine.

We are definatley xenophobic, however we are really not as racist and people on this forum make it out be. We are just a proud bunch, but nevertheless respectful.

We have people from different races and ethnic group live peacefully in Somalia for centuries. Indians, Iranians, Yemenis and Omanis. They have lived side by side with ethnic Somalis.
They'll be frozen out of politics, and if conflict arises, they'll be some of the first to be targeted.

Of course I know that we are pleasant to foreigners during times of peace. But when we go into full out war, I'm afraid that ajnabis don't stand a chance. Hopefully we make sure to put some measures into practice and laws into place that protect minorities better like they do in the West.

I said when it gets better. No one wants to live in Somalia right now. Not even ethnic Somalis.
Lol by the time it gets better other countries would be miles ahead considering nearly every other country on Earth is currently better than Somalia and improving every day. So they have a better start. Its unlikely there will ever be a large influx into Somalia

Ain't you Hawiye? :pachah1:
Tell us what your folk did to the Indians in the 1990s:damn::damn::mjlol:
I don’t see your point. I didn’t personally massacre anyone. Why are Daroods so salty? Always bringing up tribalism at every turn?

I understand it must have been hard being born in a refugee camp, but get over it. We won.

We shouldn't have a Multicultural society. Somali culture should be the model culture and the immigrants in Somalia should adopt and integrate with the society they live in. We don't need Indians and Arabs coming to Somalia with their handicap culture. We should have regulated immigration process. The process should be hard and earned and also beneficial to the development of the country. If they are useless they can beat it :camby:

And also they shouldn't be allowed to get any powerful position in politics. They can represent themselves in the parliament if they want to. But as far as being president or being in charge of the military they shouldn't be allowed. Those positions should only and legally be allowed to be obtained by an ethnic Somali.

We shouldn't have a Multicultural society. Somali culture should be the model culture and the immigrants in Somalia should adopt and integrate with the society they live in. We don't need Indians and Arabs coming to Somalia with their handicap culture. We should have regulated immigration process. The process should be hard and earned and also beneficial to the development of the country. If they are useless they can beat it :camby:

And also they shouldn't be allowed to get any powerful position in politics. They can represent themselves in the parliament if they want to. But as far as being president or being in charge of the military they shouldn't be allowed. Those positions should only and legally be allowed to be obtained by an ethnic Somali.
Yes that’s what I was thinking. They must adhere to Somali culture, but they should not hold any power in politics.

Indians are fine, but Arab immigrants must be severely monitored. We don’t need their Stone Age culture to flourish anymore or we’ll become like Sudan.
:susp:

Yes that’s what I was thinking. They must adhere to Somali culture, but they should not hold any power in politics.

Indians are fine, but Arab immigrants must be severely monitored. We don’t need their Stone Age culture to flourish anymore or we’ll become like Sudan.
:susp:

Indians are backwards and mentally weak. Have you seen the state India is in? It might be doing well economically but environmentally ...the pictures speak for itself
220px-IndiaPollution.jpg

garbage-759.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ain't you Hawiye? :pachah1:
Tell us what your folk did to the Indians in the 1990s:damn::damn::mjlol:

Indians (with Yemenis Omanis Persians etc) had all the places to settle and choose Xamar in its antiquity which was ruled by Hawiyes.

Looks like ur regions were shitholes for foreigners to even consider

:mjlol:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Somalia had plenty of Europeans living there too. There's a blog somewhere on the Internet of Germans documenting their life in Xamar in the 80s. They had their own penthouses, bars, swimming pools, leisure centres etc. It looked like Tenerife :francis:

Multiculturalism is definitely good. I feel like there is a lot more unity amongst Somalis when we are abroad because we are appreciative of each other amongst a nation of ajnabis

Status
Not open for further replies.