Conway's Game of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I will always associate the ominous soundtrack in the first video with Illuminati YT rabbit holes on Baphomet, creepy rituals, and “satanic” lyrics sung backwards lol, which is unfortunate..

This sort of looks like a simpler version (a similar concept, but less complicated) of “The Library of Babel” by Jorge Luis Borges, which is a fascinating short story about a library that contains everything that ever was mixed into a background of gibberish.

I totally recommend you read it, even if you’re not into short stories.

The pdf: The Library of Babel

This guy explains the backdrop of the storyline better than I can:
Someone actually made a website using an algorithm to create a microcosm of that universe.

The website: https://libraryofbabel.info

Explained here:

I will always associate the ominous soundtrack in the first video with Illuminati YT rabbit holes on Baphomet, creepy rituals, and “satanic” lyrics sung backwards lol, which is unfortunate..

This sort of looks like a simpler version (a similar concept, but less complicated) of “The Library of Babel” by Jorge Luis Borges, which is a fascinating short story about a library that contains everything that ever was mixed into a background of gibberish.

I totally recommend you read it, even if you’re not into short stories.

The pdf: The Library of Babel

This guy explains the backdrop of the storyline better than I can:
Someone actually made a website using an algorithm to create a microcosm of that universe.

The website: https://libraryofbabel.info

Explained here:
I associate the soundtrack from the movie "Requiem for a Dream." I remember everything went to shit on the movie, not something I want to watch ever again. lol

Interesting stuff you posted there. I remember the Vsauce video about that library. Now I know from where it derived inspiration.

VixR

Veritas
I associate the soundtrack from the movie "Requiem for a Dream." I remember everything went to shit on the movie, not something I want to watch ever again. lol

Interesting stuff you posted there. I remember the Vsauce video about that library. Now I know from where it derived inspiration.
I’ve actually never watched that movie.

I saw him referenced in one of the videos, but haven’t watched Vsauce yet. I read Borges in a class I took. Very rarely do I read something that stays with me like he did. I was obsessed with him for a while lol. I never appreciated the short story format before him (write a poem or a novel you lazy f*ck was basically my opinion on short stories).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts