CONVINCE ME - Being a landlord is parasitism

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Rental is typically only done if there is a profit taken by the owner, which by definition is in excess of the cost of ownership and maintenance. The work of maintaining the property is done by employees. The cost of material, labor, property taxes, debt service, etc are less than the cost of the lease. One can quite literally do virtually nothing while other people do all the work of keeping up a property and filling it with tenants while extracting the surplus. In effect a capitalist landlord is charging an undefined interest rate in excess of that required to build, maintain and insure the structure.

The landlords hire contractors to build homes that they will rent out at a 'fair price' to other people, in some cases people who 'rent' out these homes are piss poor because capitalism hence they rent not purchase. It only leads to a downwards spiral as the landlord demands higher rents to 'cover costs' while the minimum wage worker renting that home will be unable to afford consumer products at first then unable to pay for rent and is ultimately kicked out for 'inability to pay rent', this is a form of exploitation that will forever exist under the privatization properties.

If you own a property, you have a right to rent it out. We have to go by the sharia and not our own way of thinking. Islamically, I'm pretty sure it's perfectly halal to rent out your property.

However- if only a small percentage control almost all the land- is it permissible to enact "land reform" and distribute land to the poor?

I am unsure. I do think there would have to be compensation, rather than "expropriation without compensation" but I'm not sure either way whether it is permissible or not.

Why do people believe that a homeless person has a right to a house? There contribution to society is negative.

Who convinced all non producers that you are owed one? Next level entitlement. Even society has needs and demands. It's priorities will be taken serious over yours
Here where I live, you are guaranteed an income by the state if you are an unemployed and you are also guaranteed to be housed, if you are unemployed the state will pay some percentage of your rents depending on if you are a single man/woman, two parents with low income or a single parent. But yet we have homeless people roaming around the streets, some of these homeless people chose to be homeless because they use everything the government gives them in benefits on drugs and alcohol.. So I guess this shows us you can't save everyone if they themselves don't do anything active to change their conditions.

Here where I live, you are guaranteed an income by the state if you are an unemployed and you are also guaranteed to be housed, if you are unemployed the state will pay some percentage of your rents depending on if you are a single man/woman, two parents with low income or a single parent. But yet we have homeless people roaming around the streets, some of these homeless people chose to be homeless because they use everything the government gives them in benefits on drugs and alcohol.. So I guess this shows us you can't save everyone if they themselves don't do anything active to change their conditions.

what?! where do you live? I'm not asking for your zip code but I just would like to know what country does that. is that Sweden?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's a free market.

No one is stopping you from putting down 3.5% using a FHA loan to buy your own house.

If you aren't willing to save up a couple thousand bucks there needs to be a service like that landlords provide.

For those in extreme poverty the government pays most their rent.

The system generates wealth through productivity.

The underlying wealth that backs the economy isn't gold or government's ability to tax but asset prices.

Without it you have something like Somalia or worse Pol Pot.

It's a free market.

No one is stopping you from putting down 3.5% using a FHA loan to buy your own house.

If you aren't willing to save up a couple thousand bucks there needs to be a service like that landlords provide.

For those in extreme poverty the government pays most their rent.

The system generates wealth through productivity.

The underlying wealth that backs the economy isn't gold or government's ability to tax but asset prices.

Without it you have something like Somalia or worse Pol Pot.
Mao killed landlords and look at China now.

Trending