Converting to a new Madhab (Maliki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Hello people,

I've been watching a new Youtuber called, Mufti Abu Layth al-Maliki, a very educated mufti, and I'm going to look into their madhab, through many diverse sources.. As a typical Somali Shafici with Sufi influence, (but I just call myself Muslim) that makes up the most of my Islamic base/world view.

I'm pretty open minded in all forms of Islam, as long as it make sense. So maybe not a formal conversion but my mind is open if it is the truth. I need to do more research.

His channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MadinanPath/videos

How to pray like a Maliki

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Somalis are traditionally Shafi'i but I respect your decision to practise another school. After all, it's one of the four major Sunni schools so you're not really converting anything. I think 'practising' another school is the right term you should use, brother. Anyways, at least you're not converting to extremist sects like Salafism that is rejected by all four major Islamic madhhabs.

Last edited:
Does your spouse break your wudhu by holding hands like the Shafici madhab.
I would hate to worry about that all the time.

Shaficis can't do this

ea6b948ef1c2d33be2b8a78685a93f7c.jpg

Cityviews

The Prodigy
@Finesse @Cauli I was taught touching your spouse breaks your wudu as a Shafici.

I always assumed it was to make sure you have a clear mind when approaching prayer, and not think intimate thoughts.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I encourage everyone to look into their school of thought, and if they are looking for more information on Islam, to look into another madhab.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
I encourage everyone to look into their school of thought, and if they are looking for more information on Islam, to look into another madhab.
I was briefly a maliki so I'm somewhat familiar with the madhab. I can help with the basics and stuff if you want

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك

Shaficis can't do this[/QOUTE]

Skin to skin contact with the opposite sex will only break your wudu if done out of lust for the malikis (and also hanbalis)

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Also this video regarding Maliki prayer is correct but this "mufti" is a well known deviant who denies the second coming of isa. I wouldn't recommend to watch his videos but this video regarding how to pray in accordance with the Maliki madhab is fine

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP

Shaficis can't do this

Why would one do acts like this in public, especially in a holy place like the one on the picture?

@Finesse @Cauli I was taught touching your spouse breaks your wudu as a Shafici.

I always assumed it was to make sure you have a clear mind when approaching prayer, and not think intimate thoughts.

The Hanbali and Malikis say that.

The Shaficis are too extreme in that regard. But even then, its skin to skin contact that breaks it.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
that guy jokes around way to much and got refuted a million times by people even younger than him. dont waste your time. focus on reading and understanding the quran the way the sahaba understood it.

that guy jokes around way to much and got refuted a million times by people even younger than him. dont waste your time. focus on reading and understanding the quran the way the sahaba understood it.

You're a terrorist wahhabi.

Mufti Abu Layth is more knowledgable than your whole terrorist clique.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
North Africans are largely Maliki since I go to their mosque I basically pray as a Maliki. Ninyohow stay away from Abu Layth waa munafiq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending