Common misconception about motivation

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
It comes and goes, it's just a temporary spike which you shouldn't be too invested in

What you should invest in is discipline, that's something that stays with you forever, You need to cultivate and maintain discipline so that when motivation wears off you can carry on

Create a routine, this is great for developing discipline. If you can get through the first month of something, after that it starts to become that thing you have to do, because it's as part of your lifestyle as getting out of bed in the morning, combing your hair, or brushing your teeth, then having shax for example.

It's the same principle that fueled our nomadic ancestors into doing their day to day difficult tasks with ease and without complaint, even our mothers practice this technique

they do things because it shapes their lifestyle and an integral part of who they are... not because they 'feel' like it.

This same flame goes dimmer with every passing generation, but we can train ourselves to reignite it.

Lmao
Also, get used to be being uncomfortable. You won’t grow if you stay confided in your comfort zone.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Discipline is key for sure, but damn is it hard to get in the groove. Personally, short term goals has worked really well for me by keeping me focused on goals I can achieve before my motivation runs out. Then, I just move on to the next small goal with the expectation of fulfilling it before I lose motivation, and from there it is rinsed and repeat. Good post my man, thanks for sharing.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Exactly, motivation is temporary but discipline is permanent.
Also... people falsely assume that motivation comes before action, when the opposite is typically true: action comes first and then motivation kicks in later.

So discipline creates action, then action leads to motivation... That's a healthy road to success right there

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Discipline is key for sure, but damn is it hard to get in the groove. Personally, short term goals has worked really well for me by keeping me focused on goals I can achieve before my motivation runs out. Then, I just move on to the next small goal with the expectation of fulfilling it before I lose motivation, and from there it is rinsed and repeat. Good post my man, thanks for sharing.
Always a pleasure to share some useful insight sxb, sounds like you already got a nice thing going on

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Also... people falsely assume that motivation comes before action, when the opposite is typically true: action comes first and then motivation kicks in later.

So discipline creates action, then action leads to motivation... That's a healthy road to success right there
So tell us about you success stories. How have you benefited from this? Are you doing better than before?

It's like walking through a swamp first it's heavy then it gets easier and easier.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I remember this hit me when I was 13. Motivation is a nigga you need to force yourself forward.

Jokes aside yeah discipline is greater for the long term.

Trending