Common development problems facing Greater Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Make a short paragraph and an image to present a problem you think is facing Somalia and suggest how to fix them. I will start with the obvious ones..

Access to water

For example, it was reported that in 1995, Algeria, Burundi, Cape Verde, Djibouti, Egypt, Kenya, Libya, Malawi, Rwanda and Tunisia were facing water-scarce conditions (with less than 1000 m3 of renewable water resources per capita per year). Another three countries, Morocco, South Africa, and Somalia, were reported to be facing water-stress conditions (with less than 1,667 m 3 /capita/year). It has been estimated that by 2025, the number of countries facing scarcity will increase to 14, and the number facing water stress will rise to 11 (UNEP, 1999).

water.jpg

There is water everywhere. We could dig underground aquifers that remain untouched and we will find gallons of water. I still don't understand how our mountain is the only one on earth that doesn't trap clouds ans therefore can't create a river that flows downstream.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
There is water everywhere. We could dig underground aquifers that remain untouched and we will find gallons of water. I still don't understand how our mountain is the only one on earth that doesn't trap clouds ans therefore can't create a river that flows downstream.

5000 years of tree cutting and overgrazing stopped it

5000 years of tree cutting and overgrazing stopped it
It's true it doesn't make sense how a 2500m mountain that is above low cloud levels can't trap moisture to allow precipitation. The cutting down of trees was a crime and never should be allowed to happen again. We must reverse the effects of deforestation in somalia to help cool the climate down.

repo

VIP

The mountains don’t catch the water because the rocky soil and lack of trees which is natural and not man made. How is that water caught? That’s should be a priority. Those are mainly problems for the north the south will do much better. The whole population can live in the fertile valley of Jubba and Shabbele.

repo

VIP
Water wells are drying up in Somalia that’s why there are droughts. Somalia has a chronic water shortage problems so there isn’t water everywhere. This will be a major problem in the northern deserts so water catchment dams are very important.

Water wells are drying up in Somalia that’s why there are droughts. Somalia has a chronic water shortage problems so there isn’t water everywhere. This will be a major problem in the northern deserts so water catchment dams are very important.
There is water everywhere under the earth in every country. Simple geography research will teach you that, our ppl are plagued with ignorance and are too lazy to make use of underground aquifers. Most of the uk's water comes from underground aquifers and you are telling me we don't have any water under our land. If that was the case then our land would be a full desert like the sahara and no foliage would grow.

Don't buy this bullshit that somali is arid and dry and there is no water. All of this can be resolved by searching for underground natural water and opening waste water treatment plants so that we can recycle the water we use and clean it. Every land on earth can be re-greened and that's what scientists are trying to accomplish today.

Don't buy this bullshit that somali is arid and dry and there is no water. All of this can be resolved by searching for underground natural water and opening waste water treatment plants so that we can recycle the water we use and clean it. Every land on earth can be re-greened and that's what scientists are trying to accomplish today.
Even arid countries can have water underground. For example, in Libya Gaddafi created the Great Man-Made River which uses the underground aquifiers to provide water to the people.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The mountains don’t catch the water because the rocky soil and lack of trees which is natural and not man made. How is that water caught? That’s should be a priority. Those are mainly problems for the north the south will do much better. The whole population can live in the fertile valley of Jubba and Shabbele.

somalia's mountains should of been green like oromos ones, rivers like tugdheer would of been long lasting

repo

VIP
It's very dry and arid because it has less rain. When it does rain there's no recharge to fill the aquifers because the water does not seep into the ground... That's why there's so many droughts... it's a lack of rain. That's also why our people moved around a lot as nomads when each well dried up they would walk 100s of miles till they found the next best well. These problems can be fixed with modern technology but that doesn't mean Somalia is not dry it's very dry.

repo

VIP
somalia's mountains should of been green like oromos ones, rivers like tugdheer would of been long lasting
The difference is that those mountains have a spring well which the rivers come from our rivers are mostly seasonal and because they are not damned they evaporate or flow into the oceans. Look at any satellite of Somalia you can see them (seasonal rivers) form in the mountains and all of them head to the sea. A unique solution has to be created by researchers.

It's very dry and arid because it has less rain. When it does rain there's no recharge to fill the aquifers because the water does not seep into the ground... That's why there's so many droughts... it's a lack of rain. That's also why our people moved around a lot as nomads when each well dried up they would walk 100s of miles till they found the next best well. These problems can be fixed with modern technology but that doesn't mean Somalia is not dry it's very dry.
Sxb everywhere on earth has untouched water reserves, even the sahara desert. It's just that out ppl don't have the technology to access it deep underground yet, but you can't say it doesn't exist. How can water that travels deep underground evaporate when the heat can't penetrate that far? i don't think you understand how deep aquifers are they are no where near the soil that can't hold water, they are miles underground and need to be dug out.

repo

VIP
Sxb everywhere on earth has untouched water reserves, even the sahara desert. It's just that out ppl don't have the technology to access it deep underground yet, but you can't say it doesn't exist. How can water that travels deep underground evaporate when the heat can't penetrate that far? i don't think you understand how deep aquifers are they are no where near the soil that can't hold water, they are miles underground and need to be dug out.
That's a different type of water source. The water you are talking about are fossil water which are over a mile underground. Those form over thousands of years and usually remain untouched. That's the type of water in the Sahara desert. It takes a lot of research and drilling to find that type which can last hundreds of years they haven't been discovered in Somalia.

repo

VIP
How can water that travels deep underground evaporate when the heat can't penetrate that far?
It evaporates on the ground because there are not enough plants to absorb it so it flows all the way to the sea. The water doesn't get a chance to be absorbed by the soil.

It evaporates on the ground because there are not enough plants to absorb it so it flows all the way to the sea. The water doesn't get a chance to be absorbed by the soil.
Your not understanding me! i'm not talking about rain water and run offs. I'm talking abount underground water that was already stored there thousands of years ago. That is how aquifers are formed and the water is collected over time. Imagine water collecting in a rock pool in a cool region of the earth's crust and that process occurring over millions of years. how would that water source deplete or evaporate when it is stored hundreds of metres underground. It's no longer a question of if there's water but how we can access it.

:snoop:

repo

VIP
Your not understanding me! i'm not talking about rain water and run offs. I'm talking abount underground water that was already stored there thousands of years ago. That is how aquifers are formed and the water is collected over time. Imagine water collecting in a rock pool in a cool region of the earth's crust and that process occurring over millions of years. how would that water source deplete or evaporate when it is stored hundreds of metres underground. It's no longer a question of if there's water but how we can access it.

:snoop:
Again, those "already stored there thousands of years ago" is fossil water. Those types of aquifers have not been found in Somalia and they do not exist everywhere. Show me an example of it.

Again, those "already stored there thousands of years ago" is fossil water. Those types of aquifers have not been found in Somalia and they do not exist everywhere. Show me an example of it.
Who has searched for them genius? When no water companies have even explored somalia yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.