Coming back from London done took me 3 days due to my gaajanimo( frugal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
As many of you know that the month of July is a high season when it comes to airfares. I had a 2 weeks off to attend to something in the U.K. I looked around the airfare websites for a decently priced airfare and it wasn't helping me and I had to go. It didn't help that I don't live in a major airline hub. So I resorted to looking up international gateway cities on the east coast till I found a round trip flying out of jfk for $860. In my rush to book it I over looked the returning route. Apparently the catch was that I had to be stranded in Madrid, Spain for 13hrs. At first I was excited because I realized I could checkout Spain for the first time but then I looked at the time I was landing there and it was 1230am:bell::bell::ivers:

Rewind a little to the beginning.

To get to JFK when I was leaving the states I took a greyhound for 12 hours to get to JFK. It wasn't bad chase I spend sometime at Time Square and met up with a sibling who lives there and who put me in their apartment to freshen up and have some nice food.

Fast forward to coming at Madrid.

I left London back on Thursday around evening time and so I got to Madrid at 1230am. I slept or tried sleeping at the airport for the next 13 hours. I roamed around and just chilled.

Then when I boarded the Spanish owned airline I tried to play this trick I succeeded on the first leg of the trip which was to be seated at emergency exit (it is an open setting where you can stretch your legs and it's really comfortable). This lady said "the plane is full". The plane got filled up but the seats at the emergency door were still available. Little time later I saw a guy hovering around those seats like a vulture circles around a dead corpse. Then he asked the stewardess if he can sit there and she allowed it. I was enraged and wanted to get up and close front her. Luckily she was going passss me later on and I stopped her and she said "go ahead and sit there". I wish she gave it to me when no one else was sitting there but nonetheless I sat with that guy and he turned out to be a cool cat.

Then I got to JFK where I passed through customs with ease while foreigners were held up in a long long long queue but then again that's what the U.K. done to me (non-EU members).

I was suppose to catch a plane to my city at 630pm. I cut this flight separately and which I timed it perfectly. One hour before my flight they started hitting me "delayed ". They effing delayed the flight 5 consecutive times bro! I ended up leaving JFK at 1am.

Do you think I can win some compensation? I have a phone number.

I got home absolutely drained.

:comeon:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
That's what you get for being cheap.

Anyways you got home safe didn't you, let that be a lesson for you, next time just purchase a normal plane ticket for your destination.

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site
I usually go to Ogadeniyyah every 6 months the price increase in summer I booked a ticket to bole Airport it is 1120 in summer it will increase to 1580

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That's what you get for being cheap.

Anyways you got home safe didn't you, let that be a lesson for you, next time just purchase a normal plane ticket for your destination.

:holeup::meleshame::meleshame::meleshame: Yes Hooyo!

On top of that I spoke to my boy from TN who left the same day and I asked told him what Delta did to me (I didn't tell him about my gaajanimo) and he nonchalantly said " :manny:I got here on Thursday, same day" :susp:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I usually go to Ogadeniyyah every 6 months the price increase in summer I booked a ticket to bole Airport it is 1120 in summer it will increase to 1580

I could've gotten you cheaper if you were willing to roam around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.