Coffee farm

Guys I it possible to have a coffee farm in Somalia? I know they have some in Ethiopia and Kenya, but what about somali soil? Is it possible to plant coffee bean plants and is it sustainable like in Kenya and Ethiopia?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Fairly high altitude and temps ranging from 60° to 75° F, support the growth of coffee.

Maybe in the mountainous/hilly area in Somalia and that are wet if that even exists there.

Surprisingly the coffee belt map includes Somalia, but I never heard or seen coffee being grown in Somalia. Maybe because somalis favor tea with spices more than coffee

coffee_belt_1024x1024.jpg

Fairly High altitude and temps ranging from 60° to 75° F, support the growth of coffee.

Maybe in the mountainous/hilly area in Somalia and that are wet if that even exists there.

Surprisingly the coffee belt map includes Somalia, but I never heard or seen coffee being grown in Somalia. Maybe because somalis favor tea with spices more than coffee

View attachment 148607
Well you can grow it and export it to other countries, Middle East, Europe and Asia

i think in saanag you can grow it
Somalia has so much potential.. But it's like our people are sleeping on the potential and opportunities the countries offering and we rather keep depending on foreign nations hand outs.. Imagine if Somalis could utilize and benefit from all the potentials both at sea and on land.. There won't be any more hungry Somalis asking for hand outs.

Fairly high altitude and temps ranging from 60° to 75° F, support the growth of coffee.

View attachment 148607
This is great information how come Somalis don’t invest into this fam we need to teach some Somalis how to farm fam we can’t rely on camels 24/7 don’t we have the longest coastline in Africa why aren’t we teaching kids how to fish and get fish fam Somalia has so much untapped potential we haven’t even scratched the surface

Somalia has so much potential.. But it's like our people are sleeping on the potential and opportunities the countries offering and we rather keep depending on foreign nations hand outs.. Imagine if Somalis could utilize and benefit from all the potentials both at sea and on land.. There won't be any more hungry Somalis asking for hand outs.

And it would put a dent in our neighbours economy as we would be self-sufficient. Win-win. :rejoice:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Somalia has one of the best soils. Fertile lands just waiting for the right people to take advantage of it

This is great information how come Somalis don’t invest into this fam we need to teach some Somalis how to farm fam we can’t rely on camels 24/7 don’t we have the longest coastline in Africa why aren’t we teaching kids how to fish and get fish fam Somalia has so much untapped potential we haven’t even scratched the surface

I have great hopes for the diaspora as we are able to look at it from a different angle. So many people have great ideas and its so exciting to hear.

Its the incompetent leaders. They don't know shit yet they are given power, in my opinion only the diaspora can fix it, they come together and everyone pitches in their area of expertise things can be done.

Nothing is impossible, it's just a case of when ?

Somalis will rather run to turkey or kenya then build their own country.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Somalia used to be one of the top sesame exporters, but now it's not due to civil war

They also export frankincense to the Vatican, Pope's reer:icon lol:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
It's not impossible to grow coffee in Somalia tbh.. if the yahuud made a desert into a forest, then why not somalis? Well figure out the difference between two and you will find what we're really missing

Trending