Coders come in

I am 24 and I already finished school but I don’t like my job.
Am I too old to learn to code? I am into web stuff more than the apps because I have so many business ideas that if I knew how to code, I would launch and see where it takes me.

how long will it take me to learn, enough to be able to build my own website both front and back end from scratch?

I am taking a trip to Africa soon for a year, I wanted to dedicate that year to learn everything.
After some research, I found it I need to learn HTML css, JavaScript, a JavaScript framework like react or angular and some backend language like ruby, python or eve node.js

Am I too old to learn to code? I am into web stuff more than the apps because I have so many business ideas that if I knew how to code, I would launch and see where it takes me.

how long will it take me to learn, enough to be able to build my own website both front and back end from scratch?

I am taking a trip to Africa soon for a year, I wanted to dedicate that year to learn everything.
After some research, I found it I need to learn HTML css, JavaScript, a JavaScript framework like react or angular and some backend language like ruby, python or eve node.js
Why would you be? Everyone's situation is different so I can't really offer you any advice (I'm not a coder though) but 24 is pretty damn young. Do you enjoy it though?

Why would you be? Everyone's situation is different so I can't really offer you any advice (I'm not a coder though) but 24 is pretty damn young. Do you enjoy it though?
I want the knowledge so I can launch businesses.
I don’t think I am in love with the idea of coding for the sake of it.

front end: js,css,html. HTML and CSS is really easy to learn, but JS is a programming language and is used to make a website more interactive with its user. JavaScript is proving to be more and more useful in many real world applications. Python is an excellent back end language and is very popular because of its readability. In all i'd say a year is more than enough time to be really good at web developing if you're serious about it and spend time practicing.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Don't know about web stuff, but
Html>css>javascript>html5>css3> jquery
And learn SQL
Frame work like angular
Languages like Ror or python

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful

Depends on you tbh. :kanyeshrug: but HTML,Javascript, CSS,python will be super easy.

front end: js,css,html. HTML and CSS is really easy to learn, but JS is a programming language and is used to make a website more interactive with its user. JavaScript is proving to be more and more useful in many real world applications. Python is an excellent back end language and is very popular because of its readability. In all i'd say a year is more than enough time to be really good at web developing if you're serious about it and spend time practicing.
What about learning node for back end since you would already know JavaScript?
Or is python better?

Transition into medicine
Absolutely not because I hate hospitals. I thought about going back to Somalia and moving through every town and village to teach about nutrition. Kind of like tabliiq nutritionist!

if the government would pay me and I wouldn’t even want a lot of money.

$1000 a month would be enough and my safety of course especially since I am laangaab disposable for most somalis

In regards to competition if you was to pursue software/coding there would be more competition but what i noticed is networking has hardly competition and is in demand (im in the field)

There's currently a worldwide shortage of network engineers so once you're qualified you will be in demand

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Code Camps can have you up and running at Jr Developer level in about 3 months, self taught depends on your drive and can take 6 months plus.

Code Camps can have you up and running at Jr Developer level in about 3 months, self taught depends on your drive and can take 6 months plus.

Code camps? I'm 18 and broke but I'm interested in learning how to code before the end of the year. How much do these codeing camps cost?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Code camps? I'm 18 and broke but I'm interested in learning how to code before the end of the year. How much do these codeing camps cost?

Depends, I recommend one thats affiliated with a college/university so you can then qualify for scholarship/financial aid, forexample Software Guild.

Trending