Cloud engineering

Grimmer

Reer guri
Been look into this these past few days and was wondering if anyone had any information on this field. The job market for tech jobs has been looking bad and the only people getting hired are those with years of experience. But there is a great demand for cloud engineers.

Been look into this these past few days and was wondering if anyone had any information on this field. The job market for tech jobs has been looking bad and the only people getting hired are those with years of experience. But there is a great demand for cloud engineers.
Plenty of good jobs most people don’t want tho 😂. Do you live in midwest or north east america?

NidarNidar

Punisher
Sounds like what I do but I maintain physical and virtual networks through AWS, I work for smaller company so I've delved into pretty much everything networking-focused.

Mostly deal with physical server maintenance, deployment, security etc... and Microsoft 0365 setup, email migration, end user help etc..

Grimmer

Reer guri
Sounds like what I do but I maintain physical and virtual networks through AWS, I work for smaller company so I've delved into pretty much everything networking-focused.

Mostly deal with physical server maintenance, deployment, security etc... and Microsoft 0365 setup, email migration, end user help etc..
What’s it like working for a smaller company? I heard that smaller company or startups=A lot more work.

NidarNidar

Punisher
What’s it like working for a smaller company? I heard that smaller company or startups=A lot more work.
I'm taking a pay cut & the workload is sometimes high, but getting a lot of exposure to new tech, It's a more relaxed environment than my previous job and I mostly work from home, got decent perks and a company car, I can easily get 40-50% salary increase if I join another company, I've had 2 salary increases in the previous 9 months, which has covered inflation for me at least, I'm a little hesitant to leave with the current doom and gloom in the market.

Grimmer

Reer guri
I'm taking a pay cut & the workload is sometimes high, but getting a lot of exposure to new tech, It's a more relaxed environment than my previous job and I mostly work from home, got decent perks and a company car, I can easily get 40-50% salary increase if I join another company, I've had 2 salary increases in the previous 9 months, which has covered inflation for me at least, I'm a little hesitant to leave with the current doom and gloom in the market.
That’s dope bro! Scariest part for me is trying to get a job when I’m done with school. It’s my last year and I haven’t gotten an internship. A met a few people and I feel like I’m most likely going to get one by the end of the year.

NidarNidar

Punisher
That’s dope bro! Scariest part for me is trying to get a job when I’m done with school. It’s my last year and I haven’t gotten an internship. A met a few people and I feel like I’m most likely going to get one by the end of the year.
Need to do more interns during your summer months, if it's possible, look for small companies and send out CV etc..

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
That's one area I don't have direct experience. Cloud. But it's just their physical servers hosted on the network, u may need to learn how to navigate/use the cloud environment which can be done on job. Troubleshooting would include network/security layer as usual, cloud environment, specific server settings/config/integration.

Im trying to get my security skills up to date. Are the hackers still using the petty find 'kernel codes' of popular server/operating system on how to initiate keyboard strokes or dump files,, compile it in editor, and phish thru mass emails for bait and say your their bank and need them to download this to update their internet banking.

Come to cyber, heaps of work due to govt wars in aust vs china.

Last edited:

Grimmer

Reer guri
That's one area I don't have direct experience. Cloud. But it's just their physical servers hosted on the network, u may need to learn how to navigate/use the cloud environment which can be done on job. Troubleshooting would include network/security layer as usual, cloud environment, specific server settings/config/integration.

Im trying to get my security skills up to date. Are the hackers still using the petty find 'kernel codes' of popular server/operating system on how to initiate keyboard strokes,, compile it in editor, and phish thru mass emails for bait and say your their bank and need them to download this to update their internet banking.

Come to cyber, heaps of work due to govt wars in aust vs china.
I’ve been meaning to ask people, what do you think about cyber security? Is the pay, work-life balance, and work culture good? Is it a hard job?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I’ve been meaning to ask people, what do you think about cyber security? Is the pay, work-life balance, and work culture good? Is it a hard job?

As for the work? If the environment is set up by good architects and then implemented by engineers, and their using industry framework/govt regulation to the point it doesn't make problematic lots of support.

A good security environment set up is judged by their support load, if it's high, then it's bad set up or not designed well enough by architects to allow ppl to carry out their work with as least risk. It's a game of balancing how much risk u will allow on their environment and the client business needs. Once u understand balance, it's pretty str8 forward. Haven't seen superb environments to be honest.

Work-Life balance depends on industry. If ur in govt space u adopt their culture which is very toxic and lots of bullying, if in banking sector they their own culture and is fast speed and profiteering involved. That's enterprise scale. If u go to community sector their more laid back but lower pay i heard but better 4 health. Then u have small-medium sized companies and their usually for new grads to develop experience before they move to enterprise scale tech.

Banking sector pays most
Govt next
Community sector or govt funded place
Small-to medium companies deal with residential, schools, private business IT need.

Grimmer

Reer guri
As for the work? If the environment is set up by good architects and then implemented by engineers, and their using industry framework/govt regulation to the point it doesn't make problematic lots of support.

A good security environment set up is judged by their support load, if it's high, then it's bad set up or not designed well enough by architects to allow ppl to carry out their work with as least risk. It's a game of balancing how much risk u will allow on their environment and the client business needs. Once u understand balance, it's pretty str8 forward. Haven't seen superb environments to be honest.

Work-Life balance depends on industry. If ur in govt space u adopt their culture which is very toxic and lots of bullying, if in banking sector they their own culture and is fast speed and profiteering involved. That's enterprise scale. If u go to community sector their more laid back but lower pay i heard but better 4 health. Then u have small-medium sized companies and their usually for new grads to develop experience before they move to enterprise scale tech.
Thank you for all this info walaal

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Grimmer look at each industry and how many customers, employees they have. That will give u an idea if it's enterprise vs primitive IT involved and company sizes. Banking n GOVT r big players. After that it scales down to residential being the lowest, schools after that and their IT environment. Remember IT isn't really an industry, it helps other industries do their business task.

So we can be nomads in terms of industry as all have IT involved, but we also never an industry to ourselves and when cuts come, they get rid of IT alot becuz it's not apart of their business functions(bread n butter).. That's why the market is probably dry, it's a recession really, IT suffers alot then compared to other industries who actually PRODUCE something.

We do have IT sales guys and Project guys trying to sell the value of IT to companies but someone like warren buffet guy only sees 'the costs' in a financial sense, he doesn't see any 'profits' spreadsheet field kkkkkk next to it. So they try to sell IT as making them do their work easier, safer, and automated and is in-directly leading to more efficiencies.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Grimmer after a while it will get mundane and repetitive and soul-less, and talent is 'mixed' pool depending on the organization as ur learning might hit a ceiling and PAY kkkkkk.

The real IT is done in academics, in real mathamatic courses, that's what I am trying to get my head around and that's why I speak a-lot on the sciences, energy, electricity, conceptual models of electricity equations. It's mind boggling conceptualizing laws, logic, sequences out of 'energy' flow/manipulation, have u seen hardware in your laptop, energy is actually doing 'work' without u seeing it. U real need an abstract brain 4 it. Plus that's just ur simple hardware, imagine the more complex servers and their maths. No wonder they get the NOBEL prizes, it's not an easy science.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Well the hardest science is not even energy-electricity math. The hardest wud be space-time becuz look at that empty space around u, try conceptualizing that and manipulating it, even my mind goes to 'blank' and don't know where to start or how to approach such topic of invisibility. Invisibility things do keep me more interested tho.

Grimmer

Reer guri
@Grimmer after a while it will get mundane and repetitive and soul-less, and talent is 'mixed' pool depending on the organization as ur learning might hit a ceiling and PAY kkkkkk.

The real IT is done in academics, in real mathamatic courses, that's what I am trying to get my head around and that's why I speak a-lot on the sciences, energy, electricity, conceptual models of electricity equations. It's mind boggling conceptualizing laws, logic, sequences out of 'energy' flow/manipulation, have u seen hardware in your laptop, energy is actually doing 'work' without u seeing it. U real need an abstract brain 4 it. Plus that's just ur simple hardware, imagine the more complex servers and their maths. No wonder they get the NOBEL prizes, it's not an easy science.
I don’t have the brain power nor the energy to go that deep. Could you name a few of the careers I should look into so far for me it’s anything Cybersecurity, Software engineering, Cloud engineering, and data analyst. I’m getting my degree in Information Technology and systems. Earlier you said banking and government are big players, are FANG/Big tech companies good place to look for work?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I don’t have the brain power nor the energy to go that deep. Could you name a few of the careers I should look into so far for me it’s anything Cybersecurity, Software engineering, Cloud engineering, and data analyst. I’m getting my degree in Information Technology and systems. Earlier you said banking and government are big players, are FANG/Big tech companies good place to look for work?

Don't u like invisible topics? if ur religious u shud since god is invisible also. Invisibility topics and conceptualizing it, is very interesting. We as humans in this world are like electricity flowing on hardware, just like u can't see electricity flowing on pole outside ur home but it does something and turns on 'lights'. All that empty space around u right now is something yet nothing at the same time. Imagine that equation something yet nothing. Wat a fucked up way to start troubleshooting it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

IT jobs get boring, u will either get dis-interested becuz of the ceiling or lack of talent to increase your skills, im warning u kid. It will happen within a few years. U gotta keep yourself occupied in other industries. Money only gets u so far before u hate going to work and ur absences start to increase(warning signs).

Grimmer

Reer guri
IT jobs get boring, u will either get dis-interested becuz of the ceiling or lack of talent to increase your skills, im warning u kid. It will happen within a few years. U gotta keep yourself occupied in other industries. Money only gets u so far before u hate going to work and ur absences start to increase(warning signs).
Why would I want to challenge myself and fry my brain with bullshit? You sound crazy talking about invisibility and electricity. I need money that’s all that matters in America sxb I appreciate your advice though.

Trending

Latest posts