Clothes & Marriage, Forgiveness and Parents

Excerpt from Tariq Jameel’s speeches.

“..They are a clothing for you and you are a clothing for them..” (2:187)

Above is an analogy for marital life. Allah knew that these clothes i.e. husband and wife would get stained. Stains are formed on clothes by either drink, sauce etc. Just like we wash our clothes if things go awry between husband and wife, the detergent, water is ‘forgiveness’.

If things go wrong, seek forgiveness. And don’t make a person constantly plead. Some make their spouse constantly plead such that their self dignity is hurt. And the other keeps taunting.

I fold my hands and plead to everyone. If someone comes to ask forgiveness, don’t delay.

“..and let them pardon and overlook. Would you not like that Allah should forgive you?” (24:22)

When you desire Allah to forgive your sins, its pleasing to Him that you forgive his creation. Forgive!

Sometimes I have seen parents get upset over their children’s misbehavior. The children plead for forgiveness. Parents get upset and stop talking to them. I plead to those parents yes you have right to be upset but don’t stop talking. Due to this, I have seen a lot of harm. To scold or correct someone, that’s part of life. The scolding shouldn’t be such that someone experiences humiliation. If scolding or correcting someone is done in a way that the child realizes the mistake, then that’s fulfilling an objective. However, sometimes parents scold or correct in such a harsh manner it negatively affects the child.

Trending

Latest posts