CIA handbook on Somalia 1966

In 1966 the CIA wrote an interesting and detailed report on the Somali Republic, it's people, society, economy and policies.

It talks about attitudes of Somalis to eachother and where their loyalities ultimalty lied.
1681710520411.png

1681710425680.png

It talks about the attitude Somalis had of foreigners and foreign countries.
1681710751500.png

It also discusses the viability of the republic and the challenges it faces
1681710863307.png

CIA Intelligence Handbook 1966 Somalia:
https://ia601209.us.archive.org/19/...ok for Special Operations Somali Republic.pdf

I wonder if there is an handbook update for every year? Would love to see the stuff the said during the Kacaan period.
They were spot on us looking down on arabs, many Somalis nowadays don't believe that our ancestors thought of arabs as cowards...

I wonder if there is an handbook update for every year? Would love to see the stuff the said during the Kacaan period.
They were spot on us looking down on arabs, many Somalis nowadays don't believe that our ancestors thought of arabs as cowards...
Being proud of an Arab lineage like it says on there and also looking down on them at the same time is stupid.

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
There’s an old Somali song called boqol yahuuduye written around the 6 Day War questioning the Arab’s for not being able to defeat 100 Jews.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nowadays, somalis are bleaching and calling maariin skin ugly and calling to be qurux like carabta

Som

VIP
Reer Waamo & Gedo need to explain this
View attachment 267279
To be precise there's Chinese medieval source that talks about horn Africans drinking cow blood but there is no consensus on wether these people were somalis or not. Chinese visited the modern coast of Somalia and Kenya
V. Cassanelli · the shaping of Somali society
Since Somalis have not been known in recent times to drink the blood of their cattle , it is not clear whether this description applies to them

Trending