Chinese Hegemon

Do you think we'll see a Chinese hegemony rise?

• Yes

• No

• No idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Do you ever think China will gain hegemony over parts of the world and what are your feelings on this?

Bonus: which bloc would you want Somalia to come under? Or would you rather it'd be free and uninvolved in rival affairs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May we get an explanation?
US military tech, size and budget dwarfs China
US military bases everywhere
US still more innovative (China just copies the US)
If you count Europe as an entity, it exceeds the Chinese economy and is aligned with the US
US per capita income far exceeds Chinas

There's no chance China can overtake

As for Somalia, Somalis diapsora (who have most of the power in Somalia) is all western and western values are conducive to functional pluralistic societies.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
US military tech, size and budget dwarfs China
US military bases everywhere
US still more innovative (China just copies the US)
If you count Europe as an entity, it exceeds the Chinese economy and is aligned with the US
US per capita income far exceeds Chinas

There's no chance China can overtake

As for Somalia, Somalis diapsora (who have most of the power in Somalia) is all western and western values are conducive to functional pluralistic societies.
Aside from being able to project force the US isn't really getting anywhere with its military especially with this administration (NATO and the EU are going to have to start relying on themselves including the UK which is why the notion of a EU military began). Plus China is relying less on its military and more on its economic power (EU countries in the BRI).

Honestly all of this is just speculations for the future. Predictions based on the now is how I'd put it. With America becoming less reliable China can muscle its way in and fill the gaps, at this point it's not a superpower and it can't project much force outside of its regions but it doesn't need to do that.

What's the point of a multi-billion dollar aircraft carrier if it can be taken out with a hypersonic missile?
China will take over negro Africa
Please do try to make your replies a bit more insightful.

China has already taken over the US in terms of GDP by Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)

The US: 22 trillion
China: 29 trillion

If China can keep the 6% Economic growth for the next 20 years, they will be unstoppable. This isn't something to celebrate though, have a look at what China is planning to implement, they have already introduced this in some regions, and by next year it will go nationwide.

Not a chance. The CCP's revealed their incompetent and devious ways for the last time, trust in China is at an all time low. Soon as the economic consequences of the months long quarantines are felt and people start losing their jobs en masse, they'll want ch*nk heads on spikes.

Their little PR stunt of selling countries faulty PPE under the guise of doing humanitarian work miserably failed and back-fired in their dumb ch*nk faces. It's not too far fetched to say the CCP might crumble in our lifetime.

China has already taken over the US in terms of GDP by Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)

If China can keep the 6% Economic growth for the next 20 years, they will be unstoppable. This isn't something to celebrate though, have a look at what China is planning to implement, they have already introduced this in some regions, and by next year it will go nationwide.
The CCP doesn't have any legal opposition, no real investigative media nor any watchdog groups doing any independent research. I'd bet my left ball they're lying through their shitstained teeth about GDP growth. It's akin to "scientists that I employ found that I've got a 12inch d.ck, trust the science guys, it's huge."

Reborn
Yes and there nothing that can be done about it.
One is providing economic development whilst the other is fear-mongering.

Yukon_Niner

VIP

What about the horrible PR they've gotten from the Uighur genocide, COVID and their nationalistic rhetoric? Would populations across the world see China in a less favourable position?

Although do take in mind they've achieved gaining influence through giving out aid to other countries during this pandemic. It'll probably further their goal on laying out the belt and road initiative.
Not a chance. The CCP's revealed their incompetent and devious ways for the last time, trust in China is at an all time low. Soon as the economic consequences of the months long quarantines are felt and people start losing their jobs en masse, they'll want ch*nk heads on spikes.

Their little PR stunt of selling countries faulty PPE under the guise of doing humanitarian work miserably failed and back-fired in their dumb ch*nk faces. It's not too far fetched to say the CCP might crumble in our lifetime.

The CCP doesn't have any legal opposition, no real investigative media and nor any watchdog groups doing any independent research. I'd bet my left ball they're lying through their shitstained teeth about GDP growth. It's akin to "scientists that I employ found that I've got a 12inch hammer, trust the science guys, it's huge."
I mean even with a pandemic like this being covered up I'm kind of doubting any country not in direct opposition are going to want China's figurative head on a spike. Outside of nations like Taiwan, Australia, South Korea and the US there isn't going to be much shits given considering how much people benefit from trade with China. If incompetence and deviousness was grounds for execution the US and USSR probably would've never rose.

Got a source for the last claim? Most articles I've read more or less agree China is an economic power.

Reborn
Ironically the current US administration is helping China become the global superpower due to Coronavirus incident. At times that there is a world crisis you would expect the US to take charge and guide the world like what happened with the Ebola crisis. But this far from what's happening :mjlol:

Reborn
What about the horrible PR they've gotten from the Uighur genocide, COVID and their nationalistic rhetoric? Would populations across the world see China in a less favourable position?

Although do take in mind they've achieved gaining influence through giving out aid to other countries during this pandemic. It'll probably further their goal on laying out the belt and road initiative.

I mean even with a pandemic like this being covered up I'm kind of doubting any country not in direct opposition are going to want China's figurative head on a spike. Outside of nations like Taiwan, Australia, South Korea and the US there isn't going to be much shits given considering how much people benefit from trade with China. If incompetence and deviousness was grounds for execution the US and USSR probably would've never rose.

Got a source for the last claim? Most articles I've read more or less agree China is an economic power.

I agree with you with the PR stuff and I read somewhere the government is hiring free thinkers to improves its global image. As for the Uighur incident, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Over East Asia? Probably yes as China rises it will subject it's neighboring countries to its economic might and will tighten it's control and force them into it's orbit. The US will soon come to respect that area as China's backyard.

Geo-politically China is trying to checkmate and ensure India remains a non factor as they're a viable counterweight to them hence they've warmed up to India's neighbors and rivals to box them in.

Europe and Russia are going to be interesting to watch as they navigate going forwards. Domestic stability in the United States is also important and that has been questionable.

I doubt China can exert power and control comparable to the US outside of the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Control over the sea lanes is critical and they need a comparable navy

The CCP doesn't have any legal opposition, no real investigative media nor any watchdog groups doing any independent research. I'd bet my left ball they're lying through their shitstained teeth about GDP growth. It's akin to "scientists that I employ found that I've got a 12inch d.ck, trust the science guys, it's huge."
They've probably inflating their numbers, but nobody can deny the economic development in China has been insane for the last 30 years. The CCP lifted hundreds of millions across China from poverty, they are in no way inept and are firmly in control of the country.

If China keeps going the way it's been, it will eventually surpass the US.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Ironically the current US administration is helping China become the global superpower due to Coronavirus incident. At times that there is a world crisis you would expect the US to take charge and guide the world like what happened with the Ebola crisis. But this far from what's happening :mjlol:
Yeah the trump administration really shot itself in the foot in this crisis. Instead of assuming lead and gaining more influence it lost face due to incompetency and a lack of shits being given.
I agree with you with the PR stuff and I read somewhere the government is hiring free thinkers to improves its global image. As for the Uighur incident, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The Uighur troubles is like a weird throwback to the Holocaust. Only this time there isn't an invasion so no one is going to really do anything aside from sending sternly worded letters.

In any case how would China go on to improve its PR? I guess it could assume the image of the benevolent world power providing an alternative from being bent over the IMF's rule.

Reborn
Yeah the trump administration really shot itself in the foot in this crisis. Instead of assuming lead and gaining more influence it lost face due to incompetency and a lack of shits being given.

The Uighur troubles is like a weird throwback to the Holocaust. Only this time there isn't an invasion so no one is going to really do anything aside from sending sternly worded letters.

In any case how would China go on to improve its PR? I guess it could assume the image of the benevolent world power providing an alternative from being bent over the IMF's rule.

With the Uighur troubles, they have a goal to remove any separatist ideas from them and so it's a cultural genocide/submission like Tibet. There have been a few terrorist attacks and so there is public resentment which is bad for the CCP which led to what we see today.

They are already an alternative to IMF but I guess to provide more cooperation and development. They already do a significant job by providing scholarships to many African/BELT AND ROAD students.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Over East Asia? Probably yes as China rises it will subject it's neighboring countries to its economic might and will tighten it's control and force them into it's orbit. The US will soon come to respect that area as China's backyard.

Geo-politically China is trying to checkmate and ensure India remains a non factor as they're a viable counterweight to them hence they've warmed up to India's neighbors and rivals to box them in.

Europe and Russia are going to be interesting to watch as they navigate going forwards. Domestic stability in the United States is also important and that has been questionable.

I doubt China can exert power and control comparable to the US outside of the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Control over the sea lanes is critical and they need a comparable navy
China exerting its influence over SEA was more or less a given. Only Japan could really counter that economically but then again there's a whole bunch of geographic problems that go into the whole idea.

Like power over rivers as water becomes more scarce

The EU is definitely going to have to stop depending on America so dealing with powers like Russia and China is a given. Nordstream 2 is coming along alright, if the US won Syria they could've gotten a pipeline through and countered Russia's influence in Europe (although I think I might be mistaken).

Speaking of India's enemies China got it good with Pakistan. Not only do they have an adversary on India's borders but Pakistan is not going to be able to arm the Uighurs so China doesn't really have to worry about inner turmoil getting huge.

They're definitely going to have to develop their blue water navy if they want power over the South China Sea and then Honk Kong comes into play, a major trade hub. It's going to come under China some times soon, kind of inevitable I guess.

China's basically Trump and Boris' scapegoat for the foreseeable future. "Oh you're unemployed, can't pay your rent and the economy's in tatters? China did it." They buttfucked Sadam for way less, It wouldn't take much to whip up anti-China sentiments. This situation's basically guaranteed that pouting crypto-jew a 2nd term in office.

Nope, not a single source. I just personally don't think the CCP would report anything less than stellar news GDP growth wise, seeing as they're constantly pushing the "China Stronk" narrative.

In all honesty, I fucking hate their guts, so any rational thinking or objectivity goes out the window when China gets brought up wallahi, don't even know why I commented:manny:

China is leading in some fields like A.I, computer chips, quantum computing, this gives them the upper hand to be #1 in the future even Putin said whoever is the best at A.I will rule the world. @RasCanjero

But really the most important thing now is who is the #1 ally of jews/isreal and whoever is that will rule the world today it's America tomorrow it could china.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
China is leading in some fields like A.I, computer chips, quantum computing, this gives them the upper hand to be #1 in the future even Putin said whoever is the best at A.I will rule the world. @RasCanjero

But really the most important thing now is who is the #1 ally of jews/isreal and whoever is that will rule the world today it's America tomorrow it could china.

Chinese might look up to jews/isreal but I doubt they'll allow them to control their institutions like US & Europe is so I don't think anything will change in that aspect.

In regards to AI... It'll be crucial for the future but it's mostly code at the end of the day and the barrier to entry is low compared to advanced manufacturing techniques or industrial secrets.

Cyber security wise, there are plenty of ways to block even a super quantum computer.

It could help with increasing productivity of their economies and making them more competitive but I doubt other countries would allow them to dump unlimited cheap goods on their borders without putting up barriers to protect the interests of their own industries.

Saying all that... I still think China will overtake the US in influence in the future just by controlling who gets access to their domestic market.

Imagine China get's a GDP per capita that's comparable to US & Western Europe of around 50k/capita.

That'll leave them with a 30-60 trillion dollar GDP...

Trending

Latest posts