Childhood aspirations

Did you guys dream of becoming something silly/not very realistic when you were younger? I remember wanting to become a celebrity chef like Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey, Donna hay etc and write my own cookbooks and have a show but grew out of it though :francis:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I always wanted to be an Architect. From dusty Cyber Cafés from Djibouti, we'd rent a computer for two hours and study Architecture (with another friend or sometimes with my own dad) until my father himself discouraged me, with a poor reasoning "Architecture doesn't pay enough, you would find yourself broke for months until a new contract". I gave up shortly, as I always looked up to my father.

Parents can be toxic, and that's when I understood that even your own parents can be jealous of your aspirations.
After more than a decade later, he left his job to become a Librarian (low paying job), but he loves books (we do share this tbh).

Kinda ironic if you ask me.

Always follow your dreams!

If I were to be a parent, I'd encourage my children to pursue their dreams.

QUOTE="HIBAQ123, post: 2949965, member: 16928"]
Did you guys dream of becoming something silly/not very realistic when you were younger? I remember wanting to become a celebrity chef like Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey, Donna hay etc and write my own cookbooks and have a show but grew out of it though :francis:
[/QUOTE]

I wanted to be an actor. Hooyo shot that down but I understand now knowing what we know now about that industry. But I do feel creatively suppressed in my current job.

You heard of ilhanm.a? If you still want to you can make an Instagram/YouTube channel then you’re well on our way to become the Somali binging with babish!

I always wanted to be an Architect. From dusty Cyber Cafés from Djibouti, we'd rent a computer for two hours and study Architecture (with another friend or sometimes with my own dad) until my father himself discouraged me, with a poor reasoning "Architecture doesn't pay enough, you would find yourself broke for months until a new contract". I gave up shortly, as I always looked up to my father.

Parents can be toxic, and that's when I understood that even your own parents can be jealous of your aspirations.
After more than a decade later, he left his job to become a Librarian (low paying job), but he loves books (we do share this tbh).

Kinda ironic if you ask me.

Always follow your dreams!

If I were to be a parent, I'd encourage my children to pursue their dreams.
Maybe you're right :hmm: guess if law doesn't work out, I'll give it a go.

If it works, I can already imagine Grigori Rasputin's thread titled "AUSTRALIAN XALIMO breaks the VICIOUS baasto iyo bariis cycle and becomes a CHEF." :dead:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
In my childhood I wanted to be a firefighter. I still have a costume I once worn for Halloween at my parents place.

In my teen I wanted to be an astronaut

Today all I want is peace and quiet

Trending

Latest posts