Child soldiers in Somalia?

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
These soldiers look so young. Barely look like they finished puberty. Is this even ethical?

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Last I heard 67% of youth unemployed with no avenues in life. Some gamble life as soldiers others tahrib and perish in oceans or desserts. Very harsh life for youth back home.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Last I heard 67% of youth unemployed with no avenues in life. Some gamble life as soldiers others tahrib and perish in oceans or desserts. Very harsh life for youth back home.
Sad man. For Under 17 year olds to be in the army is unethical. Wallahi breaks my heart.

But yes for some it's their only choice. And if someone joins the SNA and wants to leave the army it's becomes hard to leave due to them becoming a easy target for AS.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
These kids ar amongs our last hope guys.

Our population is young as in around 30 years old.

They had kids, the ones you see.
15ish years ago. Not all of them though.

Let them fight for their future since generation before them failed. Every ak is needed sadly.

That may happen in xamar but galbeed and nfd are doing well walal. Reer nfd are fluent in English. Almost every kid goes to school in galbeed there are schools and universities in most of the cities there few boys live in baadiye but come to jigjiga to study when they turn 15.
Idk why xamar is burning with gaajo while it gets all the attention and funding of the world. Where does all the money go?😮
Show Me The Money GIF by GIPHY News

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
That may happen in xamar but galbeed and nfd are doing well walal. Reer nfd are fluent in English. Almost every kid goes to school in galbeed there are schools and universities in most of the cities there few boys live in baadiye but come to jigjiga to study when they turn 15.
Idk why xamar is burning with gaajo while it gets all the attention and funding of the world. Where does all the money go?😮
Show Me The Money GIF by GIPHY News
For sure they have stable governments and more peace which leads to devolpment. I think xamar is outlier and way ahead of most somali cities. The standard of living and opportunities people in xamar have most cities and town within somali don’t have. It’s gets bad in Xamar but even worse outside of it

Last edited:
It's not surprising given the fact that more than two thirds of Somalia's population is under 30.