Child marriges

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Allowing 6 year olds to be married is terrible I dont care what religion says
But that's the thing. One consummates the marriage once she hits puberty. Biologically that's a woman. Islamically, that's a woman. Rephrase your words that's disrespectful. "I dont care what religion says"

But that's the thing. One consummates the marriage once she hits puberty. Biologically that's a woman. Islamically, that's a woman. Rephrase your words that's disrespectful. "I dont care what religion says"
First I dont care be offended, second that's clearly wrong 3 out of the 4 major schools of thought believe it is permissible as soon as she is not physically hurt from the act.

What determines if a person is mentally mature or not? I mean, it was said that she was playing with dolls with her friends when she was called to get ready for her nikkah... That seems like a baby to me.
There are Adults that play with dolls, it doesn't mean anything. Aisha was physically and mentally mature when the marriage was consummated!

“Monica Walsh, a 41-year-old wife and mother of a 2-year-old daughter from Orange County, N.Y., has one doll – “Hayden.” And, yes, she told Lauer, she plays with her doll “the same way a man might make a big train station and play with his train station or play with his sports car, his boat or his motorcycle.”

Fran Sullivan, 62, lives in Florida and has never had children. She brought two reborns to New York, “Robin” and “Nicholas,” and said she has a collection of more than 600 dolls of all kinds, including a number of reborn dolls.” (“Bogus baby boom: Women who collect lifelike dolls”, by Mike Celizic, online source (last accessed 8th February 2017), http://www.today.com/id/26970782/ns/today-today_news/t/bogus- baby-boom-women-who-collect-lifelike-dolls/ )

Dr. Juliette Peers says that it was very fashionable for adult women to carry dolls in public in the early 20th century:
“As dolls were becoming closely identified with medicalized norms of girls’ behaviour, many adult doll-type products began production in the 1920s and 1930s. Some of these, such as the Lenci felt dolls from Italy, crossed over from adult mascot or living room decorations into the realm of children’s toys. Others-such as the pinchusion dolls and porcelain dolls in the shape of hair tidies, bookends, perfume bottles, vases powder bowls, powder puffs, lamp bases and face brooches- would have been familiar items to the younger teen at least in their personal home environment and their mother’s room, if not standing on the girl’s dressing table o decorating her bedroom. DURING THE 1920S, IT WAS TRENDY FOR ADULT WOMEN TO CARRY DOLLS IN PUBLIC, especially in urban areas, as a fashion accessory, and perfume flasks, purses and handbags were produced with doll or teddy bear faces. The Nancy Ann Story Book Company of California produced small dolls in series that encouraged young girls to collect the whole set. The Nancy Ann Dolls crossed over from the younger to a young ADULT AUDIENCE, who regarded them a mascots and ornaments. Because the Nancy Ann dolls were extremely popular, the company had to switch to locally produced dolls when the supply sources in Axis countries became unavailable during World War II.” (Girl Culture: An Encyclopedia [Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh (editors), GP – Greenwood Press, 2008] by Dr. Juliette Peers, volume 1, page 28)
And another one
“Collectible dolls are often given as presents to girls by doting parents and grandparents, as well as being bought as personal items by adult women.” (Girl Culture: An Encyclopedia [Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh (editors), GP – Greenwood Press, 2008] by Dr. Juliette Peers, volume 1, page 36)

Alluring

Sayonara
Aisha said it herself in many Hadiths she was 9 when the marriage was consummated. In Islam, if a girl is physically and mentally mature for the marriage to be consummated, it is halal providing there's no harm in it and it's consensual. Life expectancy was short in those days and a 9 year old back then wasn't the same as a 9 year old today. Also it was culturally and socially acceptable in those days.

Narrated `Aisha: that the Prophet (ﷺ) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that `Aisha remained with the Prophet (ﷺ) for nine years (i.e. till his death).

(Sahih al-Bukhari 5134)

It was narrated that 'Aishah said: "The Messenger of Allah married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine."

(Sunan an-Nasa'i 3379)

I have heard that Hadith many times but I'm confused. If her older sister Asma is exactly 10 years older than her, and Asma was 27 during Hijra that would make Aisha 17 during Hijra. And the prophet pbuh and Aisha's marriage consummated in second of year of Hijrah which would make Aisha 18 or 19.

"Secondly, the age of Aisha can be easily calculated from the age of her elder sister Asma who was 10 years older than Aisha. Waliuddin Muhammad Abdullah Al-Khateeb al Amri Tabrizi the famous author of Mishkath, in his biography of narrators (Asma ur Rijal), writes that Asma died in the year 73 Hijri at the age of 100, ten or twelve days after the martyrdom of her son Abdullah Ibn Zubair. It is common knowledge that the Islamic calendar starts from the year of the Hijrah or the Prophet’s migration from Mecca to Medina.

Therefore, by deducting 73, the year of Asma’s death, from 100, her age at that time, we can easily conclude that she was 27 years old during Hijra.

This puts the age of Aisha at 17 during the same period. As all biographers of the Prophet agree that he consummated his marriage with Hazrat Aisha in the year 2 Hijri it can be conclusively said that she was 19 at that time and not nine as alleged in the aforementioned hadiths."

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Strangely, my maadow side was the one into child and arranged marriages. My grandma was married at 13 years old to some uppity creole Prince Naveen dude. He was about 26 years old and his folks had a lot of money and land.

Trending

Latest posts