Check out this satirical historic video !!!! It’s a total mindf**k

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I love studying history. This is one of the historical satire channels I follow. This blew my mind.
I always wondered why didn't China conquer Japan.
For most of history Japan was an underdeveloped backwater whilst China was the centre of the world.
Japan was going into the 1860s with 1500s technology while China was at its largest size ever during the qing dynasty

@Idrus This is how the Ottoman Empire did the Byzantines. If you didn’t cry at Constantine XI’s going out speech, you’re complete psychopath & I’m afraid of you
8C518052-A79A-4EBE-823C-4EBCDD822F0C.jpeg

Khaemwaset

VIP
@Idrus This is how the Ottoman Empire did the Byzantines. If you didn’t cry at Constantine XI’s going out speech, you’re complete psychopath & I’m afraid of you
View attachment 262797
I don't know the exact speech but I remember my history teacher going over it in history class.
I think I remember Constantine said "I am and emperor without an empire" and then took off his royal garment so he looked like a regular soldier and charged into battle never to be seen again.

But Ngl mehmed taking constantinople and starting the new age of the ottoman empire was also pretty based.
On one hand I like the Win for Islam but on the other hand it pains me to see the Eastern roman empire (not byzantine) end in such a way.

I don't know the exact speech but I remember my history teacher going over it in history class.
I think I remember Constantine said "I am and emperor without an empire" and then took off his royal garment so he looked like a regular soldier and charged into battle never to be seen again.

But Ngl mehmed taking constantinople and starting the new age of the ottoman empire was also pretty based.
On one hand I like the Win for Islam but on the other hand it pains me to see the Eastern roman empire (not byzantine) end in such a way.
I blame the Fourth Crusade for causing their fall due sack of Constantinople in the 1200s.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I blame the Fourth Crusade for causing their fall due sack of Constantinople in the 1200s.
Yes the reason he muslims were able to take destroy Eastern Rome and take constantinople was because the Europeans were so weak and divided. Instead of supporting each other against foreign invaders the Europeans just took the opportunity to attack each other whilst Muslims swiped Spain and a good chunk of Europe up to the borders of Austria.
The only reasons the ottomans where defeated at Austria was because the Europeans finally joined together to fight of the Muslim invasion

Khaemwaset

VIP
Isn’t his son the writer that made The Three Musketeers, Man in the Iron & Count of Monte Cistro? I was watching some videos on him and Napoleon’s children.
Yeah his son made the story in honour of his father. The three musketeers is basically the adventures that his father went on

Khaemwaset

VIP
@Idrus This is wild. I’m just getting in the Balkans/Eastern Europe. One of my favorite Byzantine
Emperor is Basil the Bulgar Slayer
I've heard of basis but the most my byzantine knowledge goes is the exploits of Justinian and Belisarius.
I will learn about Eastern Europe eventually but currently I've got my eyes on east Asia, especially China, since I've spent too long drowning in my Egyptian books

I've heard of basis but the most my byzantine knowledge goes is the exploits of Justinian and Belisarius.
I will learn about Eastern Europe eventually but currently I've got my eyes on east Asia, especially China, since I've spent too long drowning in my Egyptian books
Egyptian history is kind of boring in general history gets fun and detailed from the 1400s onwards up till the modern period

View attachment 262797
Constantine lost. nothing more to it and nothing sad about it either. he got out checkmated in a remarkable manner by mahmet the conqueror. Plus he had the advantage of the impenetrable walls yet lost. He was an average ruler but at least the byzantine empire went out with a bang. Plus someone probably made up his last speech.

Dracula and the Albanian rebel skanderbeg they were remarkable guys when it came to the defence they upheld against the ottomans and in general there story of being ottomans trained and vassals into the bane of the ottomans and fighting off ottoman occupation is more epic then Constantines last stand imo.

Last edited:
Constantine lost. nothing more to it and nothing sad about it either. he got out checkmated in a remarkable manner by mahmet the conqueror. Plus he had the advantage of the impenetrable walls yet lost. He was an average ruler but at least the byzantine empire went out with a bang. Plus someone probably made up his last speech.

Dracula and the Albanian menace they were remarkable guys when it came to the defence they upheld against the ottomans and in general there story of being ottomans trained and vassals into the bane of the ottomans and fighting off ottoman occupation is more epic then Constantines last stand imo.
This is Fate/GO’s version of Constantine XI

Yes the reason he muslims were able to take destroy Eastern Rome and take constantinople was because the Europeans were so weak and divided. Instead of supporting each other against foreign invaders the Europeans just took the opportunity to attack each other whilst Muslims swiped Spain and a good chunk of Europe up to the borders of Austria.
The only reasons the ottomans where defeated at Austria was because the Europeans finally joined together to fight of the Muslim invasion
That's not true Spain was already taken back before the ottomans took istanbul. The ottomans fought off a crusade by themselves and the ottomans were in big trouble themselves before taking constanionple because they were fighting a war on 3 fronts and a civil war between prince's on many occasions. At one point timurlane came into ottomans territory and decimated them and took sultan bayazid the thunderbolt as prisoner who then committed suicide. Europe was setting up a crusade to attack the ottomans in the midst of there internal issues were the ottomans prince's were fighting a civil war between themselves. Plus nearly ever war post the end of byzantine empire was a collation of basically all of Europe agaisnt the ottomans and the ottomans would win easily every time due to having better armies and more advanced weapons but over time what caused the ottomans to decay was the end of fracticide and training all sons to be governors and army leaders from a young age and basically letting who ever came out on top become sultan and the army system in there janssiaries that made them come out on top became a caste in society to they lost what made them the best since it became hereditary and Europe advanced while the ottomans didn't improve due to internal affairs.

Trending