Certain cultures and their love for black magic

Fat pirate

Observer
West Africans and Pakis are scary people wallahi - the amount times I was just having a regular everyday convo with these people and out of nowhere they mention black magic either doing it themselves or them being a victim of it.

And these are just regular people - neighbours, colleagues etc, they talk about it so casually - like its a normal every day occurrence for them.

I have been a somali my whole life lol, and I mostly hang with my own people and the topic of black magic never once comes up when I'm with my fellow Somalis.

Have you lot noticed this as well, or is it just me
:hmm:

Dont generalize
Black magic is a universal reality. The most common spiritual practice in white people is wiccanism and Hollywood is essentially industrial black magic based on kabbal.

They ˹instead˺ followed the magic promoted by the devils during the reign of Solomon. Never did Solomon disbelieve, rather the devils disbelieved. They taught magic to the people, along with what had been revealed to the two angels, Hârût and Mârût, in Babylon. The two angels never taught anyone without saying, “We are only a test ˹for you˺, so do not abandon ˹your˺ faith.” Yet people learned ˹magic˺ that caused a rift ˹even˺ between husband and wife; although their magic could not harm anyone except by Allah’s Will. They learned what harmed them and did not benefit them—although they already knew that whoever buys into magic would have no share in the Hereafter. Miserable indeed was the price for which they sold their souls, if only they knew!

-Sura Al-Baqarah, Ayah 102

Fat pirate

Observer
Dont generalize
Black magic is a universal reality. The most common spiritual practice in white people is wiccanism and Hollywood is essentially industrial black magic based on kabbal.

They ˹instead˺ followed the magic promoted by the devils during the reign of Solomon. Never did Solomon disbelieve, rather the devils disbelieved. They taught magic to the people, along with what had been revealed to the two angels, Hârût and Mârût, in Babylon. The two angels never taught anyone without saying, “We are only a test ˹for you˺, so do not abandon ˹your˺ faith.” Yet people learned ˹magic˺ that caused a rift ˹even˺ between husband and wife; although their magic could not harm anyone except by Allah’s Will. They learned what harmed them and did not benefit them—although they already knew that whoever buys into magic would have no share in the Hereafter. Miserable indeed was the price for which they sold their souls, if only they knew!

-Sura Al-Baqarah, Ayah 102
I'm not generalizing.
This is more of a survey to see if my experience of this is inline with everyone else's.

I know and interact with way more Somalis then Pakistanis and west Africans combined - obviously a massive difference in ratio.

Yet the handful of Pakistanis I encountered in the past few years alone have talked more about black magic then all the Somalis I've encountered all my life.

And I just find that to be strange.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I know that most bantus are level 99 wizards but Pakis too?! My masjid is always full of them.
:faysalwtf:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
West Africans and Pakis are scary people wallahi - the amount times I was just having a regular everyday convo with these people and out of nowhere they mention black magic either doing it themselves or them being a victim of it.

And these are just regular people - neighbours, colleagues etc, they talk about it so casually - like its a normal every day occurrence for them.

I have been a somali my whole life lol, and I mostly hang with my own people and the topic of black magic never once comes up when I'm with my fellow Somalis.

Have you lot noticed this as well, or is it just me
:hmm:

I think the Pakistani obsession's with black magic is due to Islam culture, not the Islam religion. exorcism practice etc etc

The West Africans are just ignorant, amazon forest savages practicing long practice tradition

I'm not generalizing.
This is more of a survey to see if my experience of this is inline with everyone else's.

I know and interact with way more Somalis then Pakistanis and west Africans combined - obviously a massive difference in ratio.

Yet the handful of Pakistanis I encountered in the past few years alone have talked more about black magic then all the Somalis I've encountered all my life.

And I just find that to be strange.

I don't think it would be accurate to say it Pakistanis in general practice it.....

I think there are different types of Islam in Pakistan.... if I understand correctly, there are the Deobandis, Barelvis and Ahl-Hadith.....

the Ahl-Hadith are basically like the Salafis

and then you have Deobandis who are... I think they may have a few things which are not quite correct but I think they're overall pretty much orthodox.....

but then you have the Barelvis..... and the Barelvis are Sufis and some of them are super mega extreme Sufis... I wouldn't be surprised if witchcraft was going on among some of the Barelvis....

and maybe amongst the other Muslims to a lesser extent due maybe to the historical Hindu influence

I think there are some Pakistanis maybe that practice it but I don't think the Pakistanis in general practice it.... I hope not... I don't think that's the case, though

I have no experience with West Africans and Pakistanis. I met a Ugandan guy and took him to dinner. We went to a Somali restaurant. We met in commute and he was new to town. So I offered to show him around. He didn't mention anything outside of the ordinary except that he is fluent in 27 languages. He said he could learn Somali within six months if he lived with Somalis.

@Fat pirate

Sxb, you must live on a parallel universe to Somalis. Look at the amount of Somali sheikhs discussing sixir aka black magic on YouTube. Wasn't it better if they focused on tribalism that destroyed Somalis apart rather than sixir? The latter sells because it makes people fearful for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. A great con-artist job that every Somali Sheikh now milks money from those who are terrified of sixir. This is only a sample of these sheikhs if you search sixir on YouTube. Thousands more on other pages and on other social media platforms.

This Somali sheikh is an expert on iPhone Sixir--I'm waiting for the android Somali Sheikh sixir expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhCUVMW3IA

AussieHustler

They are addressing a need to counter the magic. I can't say it is an obsession as you portray it to be among Somalis.

Usually women talk about this and are paranoid about it. So the sheekhs deal with their questions and complaints.

AussieHustler

They are addressing a need to counter the magic. I can't say it is an obsession as you portray it to be among Somalis.

Usually women talk about this and are paranoid about it. So the sheekhs deal with their questions and complaints.

@ZakWantsToPlay

The Op asked a question and I just pointed to him that we Somalis are as obsessed with sixr-magic like those cultures he mentioned. I don't believe in sixir and it would have been much more beneficial if these Sheikhs concentrated on fighting tribalism that destroyed Somalis apart. But hey, let's be honest here, expertise in sixir pays better among the illiterate and semi-educated masses.

@ZakWantsToPlay

The Op asked a question and I just pointed to him that we Somalis are as obsessed with sixr-magic like those cultures he mentioned. I don't believe in sixir and it would have been much beneficial if these Sheikhs concentrated on fighting tribalism that destroyed Somalis apart. But hey, let's be honest here, expertise in sixir pays better among the illiterate and semi-educated masses.

There are some who make money off of this and others who offer help for free. The ones who usually charge money for the advise are superstitious people themselves not different from the ones engaged in dark magic. They prey on the fears of others.

I know Sixir is not a topic you hear among Somalis often. Older ladies are usually the ones who talk about it. Not men and young Somali women. They see it as going out of Islam and shun people they heard practice it.

Naturally, if you type sixir on youtube search box, you will get tons of videos on Sixir. I don't know if a return of a query on youtube can indicate an obsession.

Last edited:

Fat pirate

Observer
@Fat pirate

Sxb, you must live on a parallel universe to Somalis. Look at the amount of Somali sheikhs discussing sixir aka black magic on YouTube. Wasn't it better if they focused on tribalism that destroyed Somalis apart rather than sixir? The latter sells because it makes people fearful for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. A great con-artist job that every Somali Sheikh now milks money from those who are terrified of sixir. This is only a sample of these sheikhs if you search sixir on YouTube. Thousands more on other pages and on other social media platforms.

This Somali sheikh is an expert on iPhone Sixir--I'm waiting for the android Somali Sheikh sixir expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhCUVMW3IA
Well that was silly.
:siilaanyolaugh:
How is some sheikh on YouTube, the same as your regular everyday Jo's.

I can't be asked but I'm sure I can on YouTube and come back here with 100s of Pakistani sheikhs discussing this topic and that would prove nothing.

Well that was silly.
:siilaanyolaugh:
How is some sheikh on YouTube, the same as your regular everyday Jo's.

I can't be asked but I'm sure I can on YouTube and come back here with 100s of Pakistani sheikhs discussing this topic and that would prove nothing.

@Fat pirate

Sxb, whose ever sheikhs or healers are online in big numbers discussing this issue, it only indicates that their societies are struggling with such issues.
Sixir aka black magic is in the Islamic literature and most Muslims believe in it. Maybe you aren’t. Are you Muslim?

Fat pirate

Observer
@Fat pirate

Sxb, whose ever sheikhs or healers are online in big numbers discussing this issue, it only indicates that their societies are struggling with such issues.
Sixir aka black magic is in the Islamic literature and most Muslims believe in it. Maybe you aren’t. Are you Muslim?

Let me guess you took the time to look into the other mentioned groups, did a video count of how many of their sheikh posted online discussing the issue of sixir - then you figured out the Somalis have way more online presence with this topic.

Then you jumped on this forum to tell us your findings.

:williamswtf:

Let me guess you took the time to look into the other mentioned groups, did a video count of how many of their sheikh posted online discussing the issue of sixir - then you figured out the Somalis have way more online presence with this topic.

Then you jumped on this forum to tell us your findings.

:williamswtf:

@Fat pirate

Sixir is recognised by Islam as simple as that and given we had 30 years of civil war coupled with the lack of an education system that rendered a majority of Somalis to become illiterates, the Sixir business is booming. It’s an industry now. There are few Sixir threads on this page and the next, where young Somalis born and raised in the diaspora are hotly discussing how their family members have been sixired. These are the facts.

Trending