Cbc Canada launching a tv show abt Somali gangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image means everything man. Look how people here talk shit about African Americans and Arabs based on their rep, same will soon apply to us by europeans and other africans if Somalis keep being retarded. It's already started happening and been for a while I think
thats exactly what am saying man. somalis are currently doing so much illegal shit in the west whether its the Minnesotan kids joining isis, the fobs sexually harassing/assaulting women in sweden and the gangs/drug dealers in Canada. Hollywood is always looking for people to exploit and we are a group that embodies every fucked up stereotype they used against Arabs and African Americans plus more. i honestly predict that in the next decade, we will be the subject of all their foreigner exploitation movies. not only would we have had fucked up our country but we would also be ostracized across the world and be known as scum good for nothing criminals. people from obscure parts of the world who have never met African Americans still hate them just because of how are portrayed.

VixR

Veritas
I looked into it some, and according to IMDB here are the Somali actors in Shoot The Messenger, premiering October 10, 2016.

araya-mengesha.fyQ_.jpg

Araya Mengesha playing Hassan Ali (Looks like and name sounds Habesha, but will be playing a Somali character).
MV5BMjQzODkxMjg4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI0OTgwODE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dalmar Abuzeid playing Khalif Suleyman (Somali) (Sudanese according to @merka)
shadia-ali-02.jpg

Shadia Ali paying Xanaan Suleyman (Somali)
ce52cc70-3530-4ff6-ae7e-ce97709bb3e6.jpg

Warsame Raghe playing Nazeem W. (Somali)

Probably also more Somalis playing minor roles and extras. Heck, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:
Mogadishu Boyz :chrisfreshhah:

I don't know what's going to anger Somalis more. That Somalis are giving portrayed in a bad light or that the main Somali character is being played by a Habashi. :mjlol:

I looked into it some, and according to IMDB here are the Somali actors in Shoot The Messenger, premiering October 10, 2016.

araya-mengesha.fyQ_.jpg

Araya Mengesha playing Hassan Ali (Looks like and name sounds Habesha, but will be playing a Somali character).
MV5BMjQzODkxMjg4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI0OTgwODE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dalmar Abuzeid playing Khalif Suleyman (Somali)
shadia-ali-02.jpg

Shadia Ali paying Xanaan Suleyman (Somali)
ce52cc70-3530-4ff6-ae7e-ce97709bb3e6.jpg

Warsame Raghe playing Nazeem W. (Somali)

Probably also more Somalis playing minor roles and extras. Heck, I'll give it a shot.
Dalmar Abuzeid is Sudanese not Somali.

Shadia tho :whoo:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
I don't think ppl make connections like that, oddly.

Get this. I still get ignorance when I refer to my ethnicity, or being Somali, despite that pirate movie with Barkhad, and BHD being very popular as far as war movies go around here. I still get asked if it (Somali(a)/land) is an island.

I don't think it would change anything drastic. But between this and Knaan's HBO series (both of whom I've only heard about on here), damn. Maybe this will put fire under our ass, maybe it will lead to resolution by bringing these community issues to light. Maybe not.

With BHD, I've heard Somalis complain endlessly about being repped by Nigerian actors, now people are upset the actors are Somali :ftw9nwa:

Well at least on the internet people have quite a bad view of us. If you go to the country/state subreddits on reddit where there is a large Somali community, lots of time they will only talk shit about us and compare us to others and ask why we suck... Your average Dane irl usually think of us as african muslims

I got the same experiences for the most part in the past. I remember like 5 years ago when I met new people, they would always ask me where somalia is and that it sounds exotic. Nowadays people know what Somalia is and knows it's quite a bad country with pirates and terrorists and shit like that.

thats exactly what am saying man. somalis are currently doing so much illegal shit in the west whether its the Minnesotan kids joining isis, the fobs sexually harassing/assaulting women in sweden and the gangs/drug dealers in Canada. Hollywood is always looking for people to exploit and we are a group that embodies every fucked up stereotype they used against Arabs and African Americans plus more. i honestly predict that in the next decade, we will be the subject of all their foreigner exploitation movies. not only would we have had fucked up our country but we would also be ostracized across the w aorld and be known as scum good for nothing criminals. people from obscure parts of the world who have never met African Americans still hate them just because of how are portrayed.

This right here. The Arabs were fucked over by the terrorist role for a long ass time, now we Somalis will be fit into that role + criminal role... And unlike African Americans who have the numbers, TV presence, famous people to call out racism and have sympathy from other Americans who are familiar with them, we have none of that and are an easy target like the Arabs who had to endure that role since 9/11

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Here's an extended preview:

The entire show is already available on iTunes.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
bruh nobody's watching this

another shitty show that should be on global. 1 season and no renewal.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
actually a good one is letter kenny

but most shows are either average or well below average here. degrassi being a prime example of shit starting good and going to crap real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending