CANZUK (Canada, Australia, New Zealand & UK)

The Dude dismantled this crazy CANZUK union idea that has been mainly advocated by Anglo Unionists from the UK after BREXIT. They want to create a British Empire 2.0, but only with countries that are still largely Anglo/British culturally, predominantly English-speaking & have the English Monarch as their Head of State etc.

It's interesting they left out the USA & South Africa which are predominantly English-speaking countries. Its likely they left them out because both countries are no longer culturally Anglo/British, since most Americans are descendants of German, Italian & Irish settlers & South Africa is largely Zulu/Black African culturally etc. Plus, neither countries no longer have direct ties to the Mother country (UK), such as by having the English Monarch as their Head of State etc.

Tukraq

VIP

The Dude dismantled this crazy CANZUK union idea that has been mainly advocated by Anglo Unionists from the UK after BREXIT. They want to create a British Empire 2.0, but only with countries that are still largely Anglo/British culturally, predominantly English-speaking & have the English Monarch as their Head of State etc.

It's interesting they left out the USA & South Africa which are predominantly English-speaking countries. Its likely they left them out because both countries are no longer culturally Anglo/British, since most Americans are descendants of German, Italian & Irish settlers & South Africa is largely Zulu/Black African culturally etc. Plus, neither countries no longer have direct ties to the Mother country (UK), such as by having the English Monarch as their Head of State etc.
US would dominate them too much trade wise it would be a one way street since they have better products in every avenue

Apollo

VIP
I don't think the UK government would ever accept it. They would lose a big percentage of their population to Canada or Australasia from the freedom of movement as the UK sucks and those countries are richer.

The UK would be the Poland of Canzuk.

Tukraq

VIP
I don't think the UK government would ever accept it. They would lose a big percentage of their population to Canada or Australasia from the freedom of movement as the UK sucks and those countries are richer.

having europeans pouring into North America would also be a security risk, I doubt the US allows this as they control all that happens in the americas

This CANZUK idea is pure fantasy. In reality, the UK will press hard for a lucrative FTA with the USA.

Brexit came at the wrong time, trump will only agree to a deal where the US is robbing Britain
The new man in charge of the UK will set things straight with Trump...
boris-johnson-memes9.jpg

:mjlol:

is he trumps autistic brother or something:chrisfreshhah:
also I feel Canada is more similar to the US than these other countries tbh,
australia newzeland union make sense,
Canadian American one does also
Yeah the Anglo Unionists forgot about the Quebecois/French Canadians. I don't think they'd be too happy about joining a union with the UK lol.

Tukraq

VIP
Yeah the Anglo Unionists forgot about the Quebecois/French Canadians. I don't think they'd be too happy about joining a union with the UK lol.
Canadians are also American lite culturally speaking now and more similar and logistically speaking better with America, Australia is a whole other ball park culturally but NZ would be a natural union for them, for the UK the EU honestly made the most sense to me there more like Europe than the new world

Tukraq

VIP
in the end I think Australia and nz would do It in a heart beat lowkey, the UK should be pushing for it but I don't know how Canada would stand in this situation, it can go 50/50

in the end I think Australia and nz would do It in a heart beat lowkey, the UK should be pushing for it but I don't know how Canada would stand in this situation, it can go 50/50
I'd wager that Canada would prefer to have closer ties with USA than join any sort of union with other Anglo countries.

French Canadians+English Canadians(that are heavily Americanised) would tip the balance in favour of closer ties with the USA. Plus, it would make sense economically.

Gambar

VIP

We dont want them trust me!

Tukraq

VIP
I'd wager that Canada would prefer to have closer ties with USA than join any sort of union with other Anglo countries.

French Canadians+English Canadians(that are heavily Americanised) would tip the balance in favour of closer ties with the USA.
yeah there more americanized and also the Monroe doctrine where basically US controls the spear of influence in the americas wouldn't allow it to happen tbh

yeah there more americanized and also the Monroe doctrine where basically US controls the spear of influence in the americas wouldn't allow it to happen tbh
Correct. The Monroe doctrine is central to America's Superpower status.

The Americans have managed to project their power globally, since their neighbours have been pacified/weakened and are dependent on them economically. It's critical the Americans control their backyard.

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
Correct. The Monroe doctrine is central to America's Superpower status.

The Americans have managed to project their power globally, since their neighbours have been pacified/weak and are dependent on them economically. It's critical the Americans control their backyard.
yup Americans have free reigns in even far away places like Venezuela, no way they just let Canada do as they please

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Trade ain't shit in the big scheme of things, especially surrounding people political aspirations or cultural identity which they hold far dear to them. Trade is like should I go down to the road to a chinese supermarket to buy my cigarettes and bottle of coke, since that is my 'trade needs' for a nation it would be 'larger' 'diverse' need but it's not much different. Trade is the first thing to 'go' and hence economic sanctions are the easiest things to implement.

History is the last thing to go sometime not having shared story with another nation is big problem in forming alliances, Cultural affinity(language being paramount), religion of course. These are the big identity shakers, not trade and not any cooked up sciences in modern age. This is for 'nations' I mean who are tribally not the same people but a conglomerate of different peoples. When it's tribal society, well 'blood' over anything is the rule.

Trending