Canada's next PM will be Sikh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
When has Canada ever had a PM from the NDP party? They stay being the underdogs :kanyeshrug:
He's shaking things up, so I'll give him that.
You think they can't win or you disagree with them? It's coming soon. Who thought Trump and Bernie Sanders would do well in the 2016 election? How did Jeremy Corbyn rise so many points and almost unseat Theresa may? There's a major liberal wave/anti-establishment wave building. Mark my words. You will hear the words "Prime Minister Jagmeet Singh" whether you like it or not.
:dabcasar:

You think they can't win or you disagree with them? It's coming soon. Who thought Trump and Bernie Sanders would do well in the 2016 election? How did Jeremy Corbyn rise so many points and almost unseat Theresa may? There's a major liberal wave/anti-establishment wave building. Mark my words. You will hear the words "Prime Minister Jagmeet Singh" whether you like it or not.
:dabcasar:
So I take it you'll be voting for him?

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
watch quebec ndp mps defect to the separatists. 3 are already confirmed if they saw singh win
Quebec NDP MP attacking Singh during the campaign

NDP leadership contender Jagmeet Singh defended himself Saturday against comments from a caucus MP who suggested his turban would make him unappealing to Quebec voters.

NDP MP Pierre Nantel told Radio-Canada that Singh's religious symbols were incompatible with the province's values.

"We don't want to see any ostentatious religious symbols. We think that is not compatible with power, with authority," he told journalist Louis Blouin on the sidelines of the party's regional caucus meetings Saturday in Hamilton, Ont.

Nantel said he was moved to speak out this week, first in an open letter in the province's Le Devoir newspaper after hearing some of the party's leadership candidates suggest that Ottawa could inject itself into a provincial debate on secularism.

"It is absolutely out of question that as a representative of Quebec I would let Parliament inject itself in decisions that belong to the National Assembly," he said.

Nantel didn't name them, but Charlie Angus, Niki Ashton and Singh have all suggested they are uncomfortable with legislation proposed by the provincial Liberal government that has all-party support. Bill 62 would prevent women who wear the niqab, burka, or any other face veils, from providing or accessing government services.

Singh told HuffPost Canada, earlier this summer that if Quebec adopts Bill 62, he might consider helping local groups appeal the law — if it came to that. Angus and Ashton have been more muted in their commentary, and Singh has not repeated those comments publicly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/0...-quebec-after-mp-s-turban-comment_a_23212022/

Sikh are confused for Muslims. over 50% of Canadians are ant-Muslim. This Sikh man aint going anywhere near the prime minister post. The white supremacists will be wake in large droves. They hate that turban. I hate it too, it stinks!!

There are studies out there that prove diversity increases creativity and competitiveness..

Korea and Japan lack that, while the West innovates.
Plus an aging population and everything is sold in vending machines due to lack of labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending