Can we get an honest assessment by Dr Osman on Somaliland's Diplomatic. Financial and Institutional Progress

Financially they're in a very strong position facilitated by its geographical proximity to Ethiopia. the revenue for the 1st 6 months of this year was 125 million dollars 74% of it was from the customs taxes, and the more Berbera steals from Djibouti the more that revenue will grow.

And think its very likely SL will be recognized very soon, but i dont see how that will materially change anything. Living standards wont be noticably effected.

Reborn
there are many poor but sovereign countries, getting independence doesnt guarantee prosperity, i dont think the somalilanders are any more creative or genius than other somalis

I think you are being very pessimistic.
I don't really like to talk about future predictions but what we can agree upon is the following three

IMF & World grants & loans
Bilateral and multilateral trade agreements
Foreign Direct Investment

No matter how incompetent or a corrupt the government is those three areas will benefit the people.

I think you are being very pessimistic.
I don't really like to talk about future predictions but what we can agree upon is the following three

IMF & World grants & loans
Bilateral and multilateral trade agreements
Foreign Direct Investment

No matter how incompetent or a corrupt the government is those three areas will benefit the people.
many countries have those things, i just dont see why somalilanders are so hopeful for indepence when there is no material benefit FOR THEM.

i just dont see what they hope from getting independence