Can Somalia grow grapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
In my local store there is grapes from Egypt (they taste very good), it got me thinking if desert Egypt can grow it why not Somalia.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Of course they can. I don’t know bout now but in the early 2000s some of our neighbors in hargeisa used to grow grapes in their backyards but they didn’t taste that good.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
In my local store there is grapes from Egypt (they taste very good), it got me thinking if desert Egypt can grow it why not Somalia.
Couple of words. Irrigation from the Nile. Shebelle is a good place to make grapes but only if you live in the south

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
Yes. My parents told me that a lot of fruit cultivation was being experimented with during the early days of Barre's regime. The war destroyed the fields and the remaining seeds that were left over and were being stored in vaults in Xamar were destroyed by the bombing, looting and chaos of the early 1990s. I believe that we export some lemons and limes currently, though mostly to the gulf states.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Yes. My parents told me that a lot of fruit cultivation was being experimented with during the early days of Barre's regime. The war destroyed the fields and the remaining seeds that were left over and were being stored in vaults in Xamar were destroyed by the bombing, looting and chaos of the early 1990s. I believe that we export some lemons and limes currently, though mostly to the gulf states.
The kacaan regime did lots of progress. by this time we would’ve running water, better schools, healthcare etc... it’s a shame many Somalis think they’re prospering when in fact they’re doing worse than most African countries

each fruit or vegetable is associated with a qabil. a marehan would be insulted if you gave him a watermelon, etc...

orange = issaq
tomato = dhullos
watermelon = hg
banana = mj
pumpkin = marehan
carrots = abgaal
hot pepper = ogaden
potato = somali bantu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending