Can individualism cure qabil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking if a slight shift in culture could solve this problem. If people started to think for themselves instead of thinking for their qabil how would if effect their decision making? Would they start making right decision because they genuinely believed so and not what others tell them.

According to the video most successful countries people live as individuals. But for this to happen you need strong government to protect these individuals from others.

You think something like this can happen?

VixR

Veritas
Yes.

Individualism fosters innovation. Period.

Collectivism hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. In any setting, especially a poor one, it only accomplishes the bare minimum, and it's members are constrained by the poorest most destitute members of the collective. It can only go so far as the collective can throw itself, so to speak.

When the state is strong enough to overtake that responsibility, that leaves the smarter, more creative elements of the public free to drive forth the culture and society without being weighed down by the deadweights. Which btw, still has a slight collectivist undertone, since the state programs funding the resources for the so-called deadweights are financially facilitated by the public. That's optimization at work.

Individualism fuels economy -> stabilizes society -> sets the stage for an environment that's a catalyst for innovation

Yes.

Collectivism hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. In any setting, especially a poor one, it only accomplishes the bare minimum, and it's members are constrained by the poorest most destitute members of the collective. It can only go so far as the collective can throw itself, so to speak.

When the state is strong enough to overtake that responsibility, that leaves the smarter, more creative elements of the public free to drive forth the culture and society without being weighed down by the deadweights. Which btw, still has a slight collectivist undertone, since the state programs funding the resources for the so-called deadweights are financially facilitated by the public. That's optimization at work.

You can't dismiss the "dead weights" since they share the same ethnicity and are more likely to be collective. we should have a culture where we can show what the brightest somalis can do for them more than a collective Qabil ever could.

Imagine these group intelligent people of mixed qabil leading the way. What if an intelligent isaaq brought prosperity to millions in the south and darood in sland, would ppl still see their qabil.

Once that happens maybe people will start to realize that qabil is meaningless.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Theres a difference between qabil and qabilyaad

Qabil will always remain a significant component of societal structures in different regions of Somalia, qabilyaad is what you should crusade against.

Yes.

Individualism fuels economy -> stabilizes society -> sets the stage for an environment that's a catalyst for innovation
Sound like Ayn fucking Rand. Collectivism kulaha. Naya we are Trotskyists. Hasta la victoria si empre.

@The Cushitic One get in here.

Theres a difference between qabil and qabilyaad

Qabil will always remain a significant component of societal structures in different regions of Somalia, qabilyaad is what you should crusade against.

What's the difference exactly?

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
same difference between the idea of, race (qabil) and racism (qabiyaalad)

You want people to drop their race (qabil) in favour of individualism, surly you can see the problem here

Last edited:

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon

There's nothing wrong Qabiil in itself. Its part of our history and lineage, we must not lose it. However, when people take advantage of Qabiil for their own twisted, corrupt gain, that's qabyaalad, such as secessionists movements or clan discrimination, that's what must be eradicated sxb.

same difference between the idea of, race (qabil) and racism (qabilyaad)

You want people to drop their race (qabil) in favour of individualism, surly you can see the problem here

Yes exactly. Their race is somali. Not darood or isaaq whatever.

There's nothing wrong Qabiil in itself. Its part of our history and lineage, we must not lose it. However, when people take advantage of Qabiil for their own twisted, corrupt gain, that's qabyaalad, such as secessionists movements or clan discrimination, that's what must be eradicated sxb.

It should be in history books. How does it benefit you in anyway? Actually I'd say it's counter productive since knowing each other qabil you might have aminosty against each other just because of the past.

Look at the UK for example they came together to form a country its a mix of scandinavians irish French and Anglo-Saxon.
36AB019600000578-3711040-image-a-7_1469709880933.jpg

Give this qabil up and put it in history books. Start thinking as individuals and your individual interest.

Merchant of Mogadishu

It should be in history books. How does it benefit you in anyway? Actually I'd say it's counter productive since knowing each other qabil you might have aminosty against each other just because of the past.

Again, that animosity comes from qabyaalad not Qabiil itself. Qabiil doesn't benefit me personally, but its nice to know your background, history, lineage.

The thing I hate the most about qabil is that it stops Somalis from being self-critical. It's always that other qabils fault. We're never going to solve our problems if we can't self reflect as a whole.

Yeah I get you. You see that's clan discrimination, which must be eradicated.
The thing I hate the most about qabil is that it stops Somalis from being self-critical. It's always that other qabils fault. We're never going to solve our problems if we can't self reflect as a whole.

how common is marrying out qabil ? wlhi im not trolling but isnt marrying within your clan some kind of inbreeding?

Merchant of Mogadishu

how common is marrying out qabil ? wlhi im not trolling but isnt marrying within your clan some kind of inbreeding?

Not necessarily since husband and wife would be so far apart in terms of family. And I have no idea whether marrying out of your Qabiil is common or not.

I thought marrying outside the qabil was super common. It is in my family. But I mostly have brothers so maybe that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts