Can any of you girls relate to this?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Unfortunately, I've learnt at a very young age to downplay my looks. I deliberately dress down to look unthreatening..

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Unfortunately, I've learnt at a very young age to downplay my looks. I deliberately dress down to look unthreatening..
Why would you look worse to look unthreatening??

Maybe men have a different way of thinking. I wouldn't care if I looked threatening to non Somali. I only try not to look like a gangster. Dress nice ect. But if a Somali nigga in a puffer jacket with long hair and a goatee looks threatening who cares. πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Why would you look worse to look unthreatening??

Maybe men have a different way of thinking. I wouldn't care if I looked threatening to non Somali. I only try not to look like a gangster. Dress nice ect. But if a Somali nigga in a puffer jacket with long hair and a goatee looks threatening who cares. πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄πŸ΄

Thanks for the kind words walal.

But it is not women of other ethnicities only issue for me. Being pretty and a non confrontational introvert is a deadly combo. So many people were just offended by my mere existence. Teachers, family members, classmates etc. People assumed I'm stuck up. I've heard so many times, "you think you are all that". Random grown men and women saw me as threat and want to humble me as a child/teenager.

Dressing down and looking awkward is the best thing I've ever done socially and professionally. People now see me as a human first and are kinder. Inshallah, once I'm in a position of power and become my own boss, I will dress the way I like but for now, it is in my best interest to not draw attention to myself.

Thanks for the kind words walal.

But it is not women of other ethnicities only issue for me. Being pretty and a non confrontational introvert is a deadly combo. So many people were just offended by my mere existence. Teachers, family members, classmates etc. People assumed I'm stuck up. I've heard so many times, "you think you are all that". Random grown men and women saw me as threat and want to humble me as a child/teenager.

Dressing down and looking awkward is the best thing I've ever done socially and professionally. People now see me as a human first and are kinder. Inshallah, once I'm in a position of power and become my own boss, I will dress the way I like but for now, it is in my best interest to not draw attention to myself.
you smart. May Allah keep you safe from these xaasidiin sis

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
yeah, for some it's a huge insult if a black/African person gets higher grades than them. They've been brought up thinking we're all idiots and can never match them academically. So pathetic.
Reminds me when I was in Islamic school, there were these Arab boys who would try to bully me because I would always get better scores in Arabic and never fail a sura, I didn't have to deal with them long because they put me with the 16yr olds, I was 10. Thy would treat the other madows and somalis as dum but boi did I teach them some of us are on another level. Fun times.

I haven't experienced that specfically, but every workplace I've been had these annoying pickmeishas. They always laugh and goof off with the guys, but micromanage the girls. And they werent even managers. l dont know if this is because they feel threatened, or they wanna be one of the guys so bad

Trending