Camey Karbash On SSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Mag is based in geel right? What if the tribes arent geela dhaqato and by others means do they feed themsleves. Mag system is a true indication of wealth rather than population size. One man can own thousands of camel. But then again isaaq arent known as beera falato like koonfuris so in theyre case it would actually be an indication of population.

No Mag according to what my elder said is all males born to the clan are registered upon birth, even as a baby that's only if their 'male' and it's passed to the elder of that clan to record based on family units. It's actually indicative of population size and also wealth size. It's both. It's done by both farmers and nomads because their all 'tribe' based so they record it as 'mag' it's basically insurance to cover a person if he breaks the law(xeer) that he pay compensation so this forces all 'family' units and 'reero' to gather up their reero along 'lineage' line and if their numerous enough and wealthy enough they become 'mag paying' if their not they then look for their relatives and ask to join their 'mag' and they become 'one mag paying community' to cover the insurance of their males.

Hence once you know the 'mag' of each clan, you can figure out what their wealth/population is and if their is many mag paying clans inside that over-all clan, it indicates a very large tribe in comparison to another clan who only has a few mag paying. For example my bah dubays aint the same size as say Isaaq because they have more mag paying clans then me where I only have 1. Eventually when my two lineages become numerous enough they will 'diverge' as they are independent enough to cover their own insurance in somalia. Hence 'magac' uun baan wadaagayna but taladeenu mid ma aha waa noo gaar markasi because we cover ourselves. Why i need to ask u shit weeye. However if I share my mag along say cisman mahmud level, then I cant have 'talo gaar ah' I have to 'talo wadaag' with all the other mag paying constituents.

Lakin at dhulbahante level they are pretty similar in size due to their mag payin clans.

Last edited:
No Mag according to what my elder said is all males born to the clan are registered upon birth, even as a baby that's only if their 'male' and it's passed to the elder of that clan to record based on family units. It's actually indicative of population size and also wealth size. It's both. It's done by both farmers and nomads because their all 'tribe' based so they record it as 'mag' it's basically insurance to cover a person if he breaks the law(xeer) that he pay compensation so this forces all 'family' units and 'reero' to gather up their reero along 'lineage' line and if their numerous enough and wealthy enough they become 'mag paying' if their not they then look for their relatives and ask to join their 'mag' and they become 'one mag paying community'.
Say, how many do you abtiris to bah dubays? Are you they an old clan or new?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
For example how can say Osman mahmud be equal to sheikhaal when murusade has 2-3 mag paying clans and osman mahmoud has well over 10 mag paying clans? wax macqul ma aha soo ma aha. If your so numerous, is bixi why would u talo wadaag when u can take ur own 'talo' lakin hadi reerku yar yahay ha waa ku qasban tahay talo wadaag by aligning with closeyly related reers to form a mag paying constituent. It's very indicative of your population strength and wealth base because wealth is based on population, 1 man can't pay 100 camels ma garatay he will be poor tommorow, lakin qayb buu bixin kara and if that reero are lots you can to each to collect qayb. Nowadays they use 'cash' in the cities, one business man can't pay 100k for his clan sxb he will be broke if he had to cover all his clans man criminal behaviours. Dadku caadiga ah need to be productive no question about it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Say, how many do you abtiris to bah dubays? Are you they an old clan or new?

Old clan however we lost many in wars in bari and sought refuge in nugaal to save whatever was left of our clan, we were IDP basically similar to the IDP today. If we didn't lose 3 lineages, we would have had 2 mag paying constiuents easily and hence they would be known as a 'separate clan' and we would just have symbolic 'name' bah dubays uniting us kkkk

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We simply expended to many boys from certain families in the war against Bah Dir. From what I was told reer to reer ayaa loo aaday inay wiilo keenan in boqorka waaga lagu duulo oo dagaal lagu qaado, wiilashi dhan ba ka dhintay reerahasi iyo naago 'hisabka' kuma jiro she don't generate a lineage, once u lose the boys, the females are basically useless in somalia, your name dies basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending