Camels (the animal) come from....... jins?

Yaraye

VIP
I saw this on reddit
Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 1.38.46 PM.png

This is my first time hearing such a thing :dwill: I always knew that after eating camels we had to make wudu, but I've never heard that they come from devils/ or have a devilish nature.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Why?
Because somalis had a culture before Islam and the camel was a god send to nomads living in dry desolate land.
Somalis honoured the camel because it was a big part of our culture for thousands of years and helped our ancestors survive

guycalledAmin

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
It is a metaphor. Jinn in this context means the rebellious nature of the camels. (the reason why jinn is used here is because, shaytan who is a jinn disobeyed Allah SWT).
The saying of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: ''… because they are of the devils.”, means that this is because they are like the devils as to their nature and because when they are frightened and run away they may invalidate the prayer of the praying person. Indeed, the Arabs call every disobedient creature a devil. So, the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, probably means that if the praying person prays in the presence of camels, he will be at risk during his prayer as the camels may get frightened and they may hit him while in his prayer when they run away

More clarification here:

I will not tolerate any anti-geel propaganda.
Desert Camel GIF by ClvrCml

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
It is a metaphor. Jinn in this context means the rebellious nature of the camels. (the reason why jinn is used here is because, shaytan who is a jinn disobeyed Allah SWT).
The saying of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: ''… because they are of the devils.”, means that this is because they are like the devils as to their nature and because when they are frightened and run away they may invalidate the prayer of the praying person. Indeed, the Arabs call every disobedient creature a devil. So, the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, probably means that if the praying person prays in the presence of camels, he will be at risk during his prayer as the camels may get frightened and they may hit him while in his prayer when they run away

More clarification here:

I will not tolerate any anti-geel propaganda.
Desert Camel GIF by ClvrCml
oh, a metaphor. The OP had me good, that I even made a thread. I ain't ever seen rebellious camels, they usually seem so chill.
Wildlife Camel GIF

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Lies! Allaah swt praises Camels in Quran

For example, in the Quran Allah says in the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful will they regard the camels, how they are created? (surah al ghashiya, Verse 17).

Trending