calling out somalispot HISTORIANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Do you guys have any reliable sources to confirm somalis never inslaved each other or where themselves the product of slavery

wikepdia keeeps on suggesting this becouse of on source written by some women in 1999 belonging to the unchr what as if they know anything about history or somalis in genral, their human rights activists :noneck:

:samwelcome:so come on guys and help me prove them wrong

@Apollo come in brother we need you

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Do you guys have any reliable sources to confirm somalis never inslaved each other or where themselves the product of slavery

wikepdia keeeps on suggesting this becouse of on source written by some women in 1999 belonging to the unchr what as if they know anything about history or somalis in genral, their human rights activists :noneck:

:samwelcome:so come on guys and help me prove them wrong

You must be talking about the Bantu.

Somalis had a Xeer system (unwritten law) that forbade slavery. They live in a society predicated on group trust. Hence, why even foreigners frequent their xawalas). Honour is a big part of being Somali as well and colonials would not have written about their over confidence if it was so. They lived in rather socially egalitarian societies and did not believe in hierarchies, nor were they the type to obey them. Few Somalis enslaved non-Somalis but never their own. They would rather kill them instead.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You must be talking about the Bantu.

Somalis had a Xeer system (unwritten law) that forbade slavery. They live in a society predicated on group trust. Hence, why even foreigners frequent their xawalas). Honour is a big part of being Somali as well and colonials would not have written about their over confidence if it was so. They lived in rather socially egalitarian societies and did not believe in hierarchies, nor were they the type to obey them. Few Somalis enslaved non-Somalis but never their own. They would rather kill them instead.
do you have a reffrence for the xeer system that spared somalis from slavery i will quote youre comment along with the source,

but i also need outside reffrence from arabs or persians

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
do you have a reffrence for the xeer system that spared somalis from slavery i will quote youre comment along with the source,

but i also need outside reffrence from arabs or persians

Ask Factz or Apollo, they have all the sources. I never save what I read or store it. I'm not an information horder. Why are you looking into it? I would have thought it was common knowledge.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@SOMALI GENERAL @geeljire madaxweyne

Somalis never enslaved each other. Even when tribes fought each other, the prisoners of war were not to be enslaved nor Somalis ever used each other as concubines. This was all forbidden thanks to our Xeer system which pre-date Islam.

_oPoJTawTyijd4ma1HBQuQ.png

In fact, Somalis were considered Hurr meaning free, the unenslavable race. Slavery against Somalis was illegal and was declared punishable as piracy.

LeYX5-cGT922d9SJcnDnHg.jpg

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@SOMALI GENERAL @geeljire madaxweyne

Somalis never enslaved each other. Even when tribes fought each other, the prisoners of war were not to be enslaved nor Somalis ever used each other as concubines. This was all forbidden thanks to our Xeer system which pre-date Islam.

_oPoJTawTyijd4ma1HBQuQ.png

In fact, Somalis were considered Hurr meaning free the unenslavable race. Slavery against Somalis was illegal and was declared punishable as piracy.

LeYX5-cGT922d9SJcnDnHg.jpg
i will send him this but also do you have the reffrence for the source walalo

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@geeljire madaxweyne I think the person using the Unchr source was pleading for the case of Somali Bantus (as that's when the name was coined and many of them were finally brought to N. America around that time.) They should not conflate it with ethnic Somalis.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
i will send him this but also do you have the reffrence for the source walalo

First source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...dankali are articles of transit slave&f=false

Second source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...as also declared punishable as piracy&f=false

If he's another idiot claiming we were enslaved by Arabs. Show him this. Written by a top Arab scholar himself who stated Somalis were never enslaved by Arabs.

IkUvY70USV_5YsbNDhfU0g.png

Here is the source for that: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...rlike and close racially to the arabs&f=false

I tried to look for more sources but look what I found on the first page

I remember when we destroyed this self-hater last year.

I reported her video, but I also need more people to report this misleading video, especially when it's this highly ranked on GOOGLE...Somali nationalist we need to decommission this YouTube channel.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I reported her video, but I also need more people to report this misleading video, especially when it's this highly ranked on GOOGLE...Somali nationalist we need to decommission this YouTube channel.

When reporting:

Is it spam/ misleading or
is it hateful or abusive content?

I can't tell.

Last edited:

The who posted that video is not Somali. She’s some African American who just wanted to drag our name in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts