CALAF! Advice needed. Abt to book my trip to Somalia. Frm DC to Istanbul (8 days) to Dubai for $650 (round trip)

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
So this is a multi city ticket rountrip for $650...From DC to Istanbul to Dubai with Turkish Airlines

I’ll stay in Istanbul for 8 days ...then Dubai for 3 days...

Dubai to Hargeisa for $457 round trip ...I will flying with Ethiopian Airlines which is a horrible airline that’ll make a stop in Addis

What do you think ?

I mean from Columbus, Ohio to Hargeisa straight is $1500 ....(from Columbus to DC I’ll use my free mileage plus with United Airlines)...

Your feedback @Calaf

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
@Grigori Rasputin, don't do Dubai to Addis to Hargesia, its both a waste of time and clearly very expensive. Flydubai and Airarabia both flies from Dubai direct to HGA, and it always cheaper, heck for that price, you could be sitting in business class on these flights, and its more comfortable :comeon:

Your wasting 11 days + hotel fees just on transit, hotel and other whatnot, it might end up coming to the same price.

Also, can I ask why are you boarding from DC? Dallas and Chicago are cheaper in terms of Asian and Intl flights then DC, heck when I came to CMH and MSP I stopped at both, for a mere $310.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I lost more than 10K gambling last week. Could have gone on an epic holiday instead if I didn't gamble. :wow1:
Thanks to BB stock, its is covering my trip to Somalia, I guess WSB had some use to me but ignoring the hold BS :mjlol:

Apollo

VIP
Thanks to BB stock, its is covering my trip to Somalia, I guess WSB had some use to me but ignoring the hold BS :mjlol:

I am still up bigly YTD, just last week I took some major Ls. Now I am bearish everything, lol. Hope Monday will be a Black Monday.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin, don't do Dubai to Addis to Hargesia, its both a waste of time and clearly very expensive. Flydubai and Airarabia both flies from Dubai direct to HGA, and it always cheaper, heck for that price, you could be sitting in business class on these flights, and its more comfortable :comeon:

Your wasting 11 days + hotel fees just on transit, hotel and other whatnot, it might end up coming to the same price.

Also, can I ask why are you boarding from DC? Dallas and Chicago are cheaper in terms of Asian and Intl flights then DC, heck when I came to CMH and MSP I stopped at both, for a mere $310.

Have you forgotten that Air Arabia and Flydubai have stopped going to HGA.

I like to chill in Istanbul and for 8 nights my whole hotel stay is $90 (all together). I want to spend first days of Ramadan there.

OffTheDome

Proud American
i use to travel from DC to ADD, then ADD to HGA. But these past couple of years I've been going through and staying in Dubai before heading to HGA, much better imo
:ahh:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Have you forgotten that Air Arabia and Flydubai have stopped going to HGA.

I like to chill in Istanbul and for 8 nights my whole hotel stay is $90 (all together). I want to spend first days of Ramadan there.
Oh shit, my bad, forgot about Air Arabia and FDubai stopping it, its been quite sometime now.

You would be still be at a advantage if you go via JIB or NBO, there is no way I could tell you with a straight face that it is worth going to HGA using Ethiopian Airlines from DXB. AND FOR $457. Bro, $457 is basically £330 and that is a flight from London to Nairobi during Summer season. A rip off. The aircraft they use from DXB to ADD is basically a cargo plane, Jubba Airways has a better formation then it.

Heck, talking about Jubba, have you considered it, they still do 1 a week flight from DXB, but stops in Somalia (GGR or Bossaso)

Istanbul is nice, Ramadan too :banderas:, I guess your getting sick of lockdown

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Oh shit, my bad, forgot about Air Arabia and FDubai stopping it, its been quite sometime now.

You would be still be at a advantage if you go via JIB or NBO, there is no way I could tell you with a straight face that it is worth going to HGA using Ethiopian Airlines from DXB. AND FOR $457. Bro, $457 is basically £330 and that is a flight from London to Nairobi during Summer season. A rip off. The aircraft they use from DXB to ADD is basically a cargo plane, Jubba Airways has a better formation then it.

Heck, talking about Jubba, have you considered it, they still do 1 a week flight from DXB, but stops in Somalia (GGR or Bossaso)

Istanbul is nice, Ramadan too :banderas:, I guess your getting sick of lockdown

can I purchased it online. They have no presence online. Jubba airways

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
can I purchased it online. They have no presence online. Jubba airways
Unlucky, their website is there for show, they have some large agent in Dubai and agencies around the world. The only Somali based airlines that does online booking is daallo, which is $329 one way, so that is expensive

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Unlucky, their website is there for show, they have some large agent in Dubai and agencies around the world. The only Somali based airlines that does online booking is daallo, which is $329 one way, so that is expensive

just checked Dallo and it is $600 rountrip

I am taking Ethiopian. I got no choice.

Trending