Cadaans say Somaliweyn failed because of qabyaaladism

"The idea of a Greater Somalia appears to collide with the ethnic Somali clans’ identity as it sought to unite all ethnic Somalis in the Horn of Africa under one state. According to the author, the Greater Somalia project carried underlying misconceptions."

Reference

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
The ringing of a bell already rung by millions of Somalis does not change tone just cause a Becky is ringing it.

We've been told ya'll 'Somaliweyn' was and always was a pipe dream; an expansionist wet dream that only satiated a couple people's desires, and not the in the interests of many Somalis on the ground. Funny how those in favor and behind this plan were happy to oversee the genocide and killings, both direct and indirect, of many Somalis.

Tell me, seriously not trying to offend, why would the other 4 parts of 'Somaliweyn' disintegrate and join the least functioning and the forever politically volatile entity? Djibouti has its eye's forwards and has the capabilities and foreign investment to become the next Dubai, Somaliland has become completely self sufficient running a large economy, an army and a government all with no aid or interest by foreigners, Ogadenian Somalis have higher living standards than most of Somali inhabited areas, and have easy access to other cities with opportunity as citizens, Kenyan Somalis same.

Nope. Somaliweyn failed because everyone has to run away from Hawiye. I love all Somalis but that clan went on a rampage after USC/SNM won the war. Hawiye are like the oromo. They do nothing but loot, rape, kill and expand. Wish this was not the case.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
SomaliWeyne failed because of dictatorship and corruption. There was always tribalism even before colonisation so I doubt that’s a legitimate reason

You guys are talking about Somaliweyne when Somalia is a failed state.

Somali Wayne failed in 1960 when Somalia got independence.

Because when Somalia become an independent state it was ran by people that served the Italians and British colonialists do you think people of such calibre would liberate other lands that are under occupation?
No because these guys served well the Italian colonialists and British colonialists that created the crisis in the first place.

Just look at today Somali politics and tell me how healthy it is.

Mukhalas

Macawiis, dacas iyo AK47.
You guys are talking about Somaliweyne when Somalia is a failed state.

Somali Wayne failed in 1960 when Somalia got independence.

Because when Somalia become an independent state it was ran by people that served the Italians and British colonialists do you think people of such calibre would liberate other lands that are under occupation?
No because these guys served well the Italian colonialists and British colonialists that created the crisis in the first place.

Just look at today Somali politics and tell me how healthy it is.
You're also part of the problem.

Automaton

The founder of Somali Civil Liberties Union(SCLU)
I would like for once to see an article or a book offering a solution for this problem.

Trending