Cadaan Guy Is Claiming Mansa Musa Now 💀

The Sahel is a geographic belt, and the Malian empire was a Sahelien empire:
View attachment 277439

Chad is not a Central African in any formal disciplinary texts I have read dealing with various diverse topics (technically, the southern parts touch upon it strictly geographically). That label was designated to the tropical countries below it, quintessentially the rainforest of the Congos.

Since it is between North Africa and Central Africa, people call it Sahelian, and a big chunk of it is Saharan from a broad terrain landscape perspective on the northern side. Chad exists as a transitional zone, suitably fitting that intermediate positional categorization.

Based on the conditions of a historical-relational (proximal) view, the country was associated with the Sudanic region and Saharan Africa but is designated as the Sahel. As the landscape configuration stretches to West Africa, the belt covered a significant part of where the Malian Empire once stood. That is why people call it Sahelian, a topographical significance.

Classifications are rarely neat and are judged from a value hierarchy of relative context signifiers. I don't consider Sudan a Sahelian region. The Nile Valley with the Sahara is the main character. The term "Sub-Saharan Africa" was always obsolete in northeast Africa, with the Horn of Africa as an extension. There was never a Saharan "ocean" barrier in Eastern Africa to Egypt since the river served as a corridor resulting in the mixing of groups since always.

It's relative, the conditions are context-specific and relevant based, so we can't be tone-deaf to the realities. Even if technically Chad is in the central and The Malian Empire was in Western Africa, it gives little value to what we use labels for when you look at the ground.
i didn't disagree with that im going off this. i know the empire of mali was Sahelian/west/north african but it didn't reach anything in modern day central africa which chad is also considered a part of

1685917019600.png

1685917049785.png

i didn't disagree with that im going off this. i know the empire of mali was Sahelian/west/north african but it didn't reach anything in modern day central africa which chad is also considered a part of

View attachment 277443

View attachment 277444
I did not say Malian Empire reached Central Africa.. I said Congo was Central Africa and gave the grounded reason why a map showing Chad on a Central African extension (meaningless categorization) doesn't make it Central African in any real sense. Again, it's tone-deaf and reflects how there is no knowledge about the realities of the region.

Try to process what I conveyed.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
We wuz prophets and shiet, we wuz Arabs and shiet, we wuz kangz and shiet, we wuz Sahelians and sheit.

I did not say Malian Empire reached Central Africa.. I said Congo was Central Africa and gave the grounded reason why a map showing Chad on a Central African extension (meaningless categorization) doesn't make it Central African in any real sense. Again, it's tone-deaf and reflects how there is no knowledge about the realities of the region.

Try to process what I conveyed.
yes i understood what you were trying to convey with chad not actually being a central african country. what i just said was that i went off the map hence why i said chad was central african.
i understood what you said about the actual geographic differences between the regions. i was just stating why i originally said chad was also a central african country due to it being associated to central africa on the map.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Sepehr is the white equivalent of a hotep. I remember watching a video of his on Ethiopia (and Axum) and how it was ruled by an upper caste of blue-eyed and fairskinned people

Trending