BuzzFeed made an Ethiopian food video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Somali restaurants in California where they can invite BuzzFeed staff to show them our bariis & baasto (since we don't have that much going for us when it comes to national cuisine)? I am sure BuzzFeed wouldn't mind, as they always need ideas for their next videos and it would be promotional for the restaurant(s).

This is the Ethiopian one:

Q

Queen Carawelo

I just got a heart burn from watching this.

Ethiopian food is peasant food compared to Somali food. Don't lie waryaa..

S

Shamis

Ethiopian food: every dish they know - on one plate. Same spices, butter and even ingredients on each of these dishes.

They eat raw minced meat with uncooked spices - they eat this raw meat in large handfuls.

I didn't say their food is good, nor did I ever try it either. Was just showing the publicity it would attract for Somali restaurants in that area if one got featured on BuzzFeed etc.

Ethiopian food: every dish they know - on one plate. Same spices, butter and even ingredients on each of these dishes.

They eat raw minced meat with uncooked spices - they eat this raw meat in large handfuls.

I had xabashi friends. I was 11. Went to their house couple times. They made me eat raw meat dipped in chilli. :meleshame:

S

Shamis

I have an unrivalled sense of smell and I hate the smell of blood. The British attempted to feed me some steak tartar but I opted for a medium rare beef steak instead and only ate the top and sides.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I have an unrivalled sense of smell and I hate the smell of blood. The British attempted to feed me some steak tartar but I opted for a medium rare beef steak instead and only ate the top and sides.
Stay away from Western raw meat dishes they are filled with parasites and they don't use much spices.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
You just suffer from Ethio-phobia. I see that raw meat got you shook bruh. It's all good. Ahmed Guray made them eat raw meat, but he also gave them a helluva good dish.

Nah, I honestly don't hate them at all. The Somali in me just can't fathom a human consuming raw meat. Forget about raw meat, I don't even eat partially cooked meat (or whatever the hell they call them, those quickly made meats in restaurants etc) or sushi at all. Meat is either fully cooked or I don't touch it. The same goes for eggs too. I won't go anywhere near runny eggs. :kanyeshrug:

Q

Queen Carawelo

Roble you're quite disgusting. Anyone who eats raw meat is a half step away from cannibalism. I've Ethiopian friends and they or their family never eat raw meat, thank god they were born and raised here.

Let me see you talk shit about or look down on anyone from now on roble. :pacspit::williamswtf:

:ohhh: :westbrookwtf:Niggas eating raw meat out here:hova:
I wouldn't eat rear steak or sushi:urgh:

Roble you're quite disgusting. Anyone who eats raw meat is a half step away from cannibalism. I've Ethiopian friends and they or their family never eat raw meat, thank god they were born and raised here.

Let me see you talk shit about or look down on anyone from now on roble. :pacspit::williamswtf:
:yousmart:Some people out here trying to catch mad cow disease:feedme:

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
Ethiopian food in its organic state in Ethiopia is delicious. I have eaten at some of theirEthiopian restaurants here and it's not as good.
Somalis have to come out of their cage and explore the world. Some raw meat dishes are banging. It's a delicacy.
:vqbuyv0:

Status
Not open for further replies.