Business Types in Back home Somalia/land??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbyallmeans

Yuusuf direed Founding Father of Ahlu-naar
I want to start a business under $10,000 back home in Somalia, my aim is Mogadishu due to popluation size for the market, is there any ideas you guys could mentions what is best, cheap and easy to start businesses.

My idea is to start, Ice Cream, or just supermarket (western type), any suggestions, really appreciate your inputs.

@Duke of Bohol , @Inquisitive_ @TSP @XamarCade @Canuck @fox

Last edited:
I want to start a business under $10,000 back home in Somalia, my aim is Mogadishu due to popluation size for the market, is there any ideas you guys could mentions what is best, cheap and easy to start businesses.

My idea is to start, Ice Cream, or just supermarket (western type), any suggestions, really appreciate your inputs.

Do u have a farmland back home? U can invest in that

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/exploreeconomies/somalia
IMG_3101.jpg

Somalia/land is behind in almost every sector.

The sky is the limit brother.
I hope young somali people will diversify their choice of education. We need all kind of trades and professions.

I'll ask my uncle who is a businessman in Xamar. I'm not sure how far 10k will get you in the capital city but you should be aware of the current trends. It seems to be construction and offering technical skills. You should check out the thread @Canuck had which showed NGOs were trying to bring in foreigners to do stuff like project management and IT.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
$10k is not much

If you're really serious, then you need to think about who you are selling to. Native Somalis don't have much money and it will take a long time to get return on the investment.

If you're targeting Somali foreigners, then you will need to think about what they want after arriving in Somalia. Hotel is easy one but the market is saturated.

Selling something aboard is riskiest but makes most money if you get it right. $10k is not enough for this type of business though

Gbyallmeans

TSP do that for me buddy.

Business in Mogadishu is golden, imagine your startup company growing with Somalia's/Mogadishu economy, you can literally end up being millionaire with 5-7 years.

But the question remains, what business though???

TSP do that for me buddy.

Business in Mogadishu is golden, imagine your startup company growing with Somalia's/Mogadishu economy, you can literally end up being millionaire with 5-7 years.

But the question remains, what business though???

Look for what the market needs and imports it and try to make its alternative in Somalia cheaper price (sugar refinery, rice instead of plastic Chinese rice, small medication factory like pain killers only instead of expired medication in our markets),

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Wedding are always lucrative and people get married everyday

If all else fails buy fake iPhones from China and sell em there

I can give you some tips if you make a small investment into paypal . # The greatest power is influence . # The best advice is never free .
# Guru SamAle

Construction and real estate is the real deal

It's best you get ahead of the niggas that open up hotels and restaurants, full fledged memes.

You should use the 10k to day trade

Gbyallmeans

Thanks guys and ladies for all the helpful advises, more advises are much appreciated:nvjpqts:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Hotel is over saturated. Something that creates value and employs many people would be nice. Like a factory
but that requires an electrical grid (diesel is too expensive) and some understanding of peace

maestro

Cultural revolution
but that requires an electrical grid (diesel is too expensive) and some understanding of peace

Yeah, energy is a problem there but consider Solar which is becoming cheaper and very efficient. In 5 years it will definitely be reliable for industrial use. If not 5 then 10.

The only major issue that can't be solved soon is the risk of lack of peace and stability but you've got to know what you're getting yourself into when doing business in a place like Somalia.

Yes, if things go bad some skinny brainwashed faggit could come and destroy everything you've worked hard on at any moment but if things go great the country will stabilize with a new empty economy that has few competitors. This could make your business grow gigantic.

Greater risk = greater reward :wow:

Energy sector and sewage management are important. I plan to create a large solar farm in northern Somalia and expand into somaliland and puntland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending