Bus anecdote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
So I was taking the bus home from the city centre earlier this evening. I hopped on the bus and greeted the smiling Somali bus driver.

Before we departed, another Somali man hopped on the bus. He wore sun glasses and had an overall laidback aura. He sat himself down on a seat (4 seat group, two seats facing each other if you know what I mean).

The bus was crowded, and in the middle there was a couple with a baby carrier.

So, here comes the fun part, at the first stop an older woman jumped on with her golden retriever dog and wanted to sit down across the Somali gentleman in the 4-seat group.

The Somali man immediately identified the womans intention and did something with his finger, pointing at the dog that at this point had laid down on the bus floor. He also said something in Somali that I didn't understand.

Finding out that the woman wouldn't give in he stood up and walked away to the chaffeur, his country man, probably to complain about the dog in the bus.

Meanwhile, I sat on my seat a few seats back like this:

tenor.gif

Are Somalis afraid of dogs or do you just consider them unclean? In my home country we have dogs for hunting, guarding cattle and property, not in our houses.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So I was taking the bus home from the city centre earlier this evening. I hopped on the bus and greeted the smiling Somali bus driver.

Before we departed, another Somali man hopped on the bus. He wore sun glasses and had an overall laidback aura. He sat himself down on a seat (4 seat group, two seats facing each other if you know what I mean).

So, here comes the fun part, at the first stop an older woman jumped on with her golden retriever dog and wanted to sit down across the Somali gentleman in the 4-seat group.

The Somali man immediately identified the womans intention and did something with his finger, pointing at the dog that at this point had laid down on the bus floor. He also said something in Somali that I didn't understand.

Finding out that the woman wouldn't give in he stood up and walked away to the chaffeur, his country man, probably to complain about the dog in the bus.

tenor.gif

Are Somalis afraid of dogs or do you just consider them unclean? In my home country we have dogs for hunting, guarding cattle and property, not in our houses.

It is a universal thing for Somalis. Somalis are brave people walaahi. U cannot say Somalis are cowards. But apparently dogs are their weakness.

What i cannot understand is the root of the phobia, and believe me, it is a great phobia.

Is the Phobia based on Islamic fear of getting "Naajiis" from the dog. As Dogs, Islamically are considered impure! Or is it a childhood phobia of being chased by dogs and butt beaten. Cause every older somali has a tale of being chased by dogs in their childhood. Dont know if it is imaginary fear or real.

I have grown up uncles and adeers, extremely intelligent. They have seen car accidents with body decapitated, yet they dont flinch an eye brown. No emotions. But if they see a domestic cute dog approaching, my uncles jump fenses and start cursing, a personality emerges where i am asking, where did my suave, gentleman cool adeer morph to?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

tenor.gif

by the way @Molotoff Why r u riding a bus? Why cant u ride a motorcycle like @Armadillo

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
There is no Somali global fear of dogs. Infact in Somalia i remember seeing dogs practically persecuted, unfed or in hiding. Yes some of us grew up in the West with no pets in the house so a marauding dog sizing up to our chests as a kid would have been frightening but we all grow out of it.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
Top put it simply, there is no history of Somalis and dogs (for herding, guarding ir hunting since we did it ourselves), until the europeans brought them over and introduced them as pets, therefore most Somalis will not go anywhere near a dog. Plus, Islam teaches us that dogs cannot be kept as pets and that touching them is considered dirty, therefore if given the choice the average Somali would reject the notion of being in the presence of one unless it's mandatory.

It is a universal thing for Somalis. Somalis are brave people walaahi. U cannot say Somalis are cowards. But apparently dogs are their weakness.

What i cannot understand is the root of the phobia, and believe me, it is a great phobia.

Is the Phobia based on Islamic fear of getting "Naajiis" from the dog. As Dogs, Islamically are considered impure! Or is it a childhood phobia of being chased by dogs and butt beaten. Cause every older somali has a tale of being chased by dogs in their childhood. Dont know if it is imaginary fear or real.

I have grown up uncles and adeers, extremely intelligent. They have seen car accidents with body decapitated, yet they dont flinch an eye brown. No emotions. But if they see a domestic cute dog approaching, my uncles jump fenses and start cursing, a personality emerges where i am asking, where did my suave, gentleman cool adeer morph to?
Fear of dogs is an African thing.

tenor.gif

procuring sand to wash of the najasa is difficult.

Somalis lived with Hyenas, Jackals and Lions. I'm pretty sure we aren't afraid of dogs.

Qurbajoog Somalis chimping out isn't representative of all Somalis. I don't mind dogs, I prefer cats, though.
Most Africans I've met are afraid of dogs. Maybe that stereotype doesn't apply to Somalis, though my brother is scared of them too.

Not a fan of cats, but I don't hate them either. They're just a nuisance.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Most Africans I've met are afraid of dogs. Maybe that stereotype doesn't apply to Somalis, though my brother is scared of them too.

Not a fan of cats, but I don't hate them either. They're just a nuisance.

u lack a soul, i think.

Your spirit seems apathetic to anything with a pulse or a heart beat. u seem like a living thing lonesome in its own island.
Not really, but in some ways. I've made certain choices in life that made me more effective for what I want to accomplish. I might not connect deeply with people outside of interest and such, but I do care about my family and close friends greatly. I'm not a psychopath if that's what you're alluding to. I'm a good extroverted introvert if you know what I mean, and it works perfectly.

I like dogs, how can a dog person be apathetic? Stop being ridiculous, woman.:westbrookwtf:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Not really, but in some ways. I've made certain choices in life that made me more effective for what I want to accomplish. I might not connect deeply with people outside of interest and such, but I do care about my family and close friends greatly. I'm not a psychopath if that's what you're alluding to. I'm a good extroverted introvert if you know what I mean, and it works perfectly.

I like dogs, how can a dog person be apathetic? Stop being ridiculous, woman.:westbrookwtf:

Interesting.
5560.jpg

If i told u what i am talking about, u will call me a qumayo or witch.
You got me curious, but I'm tired of you failing at trying to figure me out.

You have been mentioning "biological kids" several times these last days, is there a glitch in your system or something?:drakelaugh:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You got me curious, but I'm tired of you failing to figure me out.

You have been mentioning "biological kids" several times these last days, is there a glitch in your system or something?:drakelaugh:

alcha

I admit it took me a long time to figure u out. God knows , how many times i have been confused. I mean, u were able to pull all these multi personalities due to the soul-less spirit i was talking about.

But figure u out, i have!
drakelaugh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending