BRUTAL: Somalia has the lowest HDI on the planet

Horta what got me tripped up is the fact yemeni and oromo qoxootis are pouring into a country with the lowest HDI levels on the planet. What are you doing begging these niggas? Especially for the Oromos :damn:
Somalia is pretty urbanised so you have a lot of empty land with villages, towns and cities. These cities have people who are doing well

If the quality of life were decent for self-perceived life satisfaction, without proper functioning institutions, HDI would be registered as low regardless. These indexes serve a practical purpose but set biases for a narrow developmental chain that says anything beyond that pathway is misery not worth living.

Then you have to question why nations with high HDI have high suicide rates, wide drug problems, citizens susceptible to hedonistic industries, and why people feel a sense of meaning is lacking in their lives despite their earnings relatively surpassing the norm and they live relatively long lives. Why are people psychologically damaged, and neurotic for drama toward societal issues? Social problems are building, there are debates about what a man and a woman are, if humans can identify as animals, etc. I can go on and on.

It seems that high HDI can never be a proxy for human values of what good living means. It does not mean HDI does not have important aspects to it but even the way, let us say, education is framed, is strictly institutional, not really how education elevates the mind of a person. Just how good is the human capital as a human resource for a nation, thus education is not centered toward the human but the systemic functions.

This concept is strictly socio-economic and "open-society" oriented. It brings with it a lot of baggage where if we assume those value judgments are a given, will always result in people striving to build similar societies. I don't think homogenizing the economic and societal trajectory bodes well for humanity.

I think it is a valid criticism to say that HDI is an honest attempt to fix problems through certain imperfect world perspectives and that it solves a lot of serious problems with regard to somatic healthcare standards even hereditary ones, for example. But I think the systems that are built lack long-term durability/resiliency. Why is there a strong correlation between suicide rate increase, rise in drug and prescription drug dependencies, and so-called human happiness indexes? There is something fundamental about these systems that breaks the human spirit on a collective basis.

Either way, you cannot scientifically measure happiness in the first place. What you have is already chosen values that one tries to objectively measure through quite subjective and biased indicators.

If the quality of life were decent for self-perceived life satisfaction, without proper functioning institutions, HDI would be registered as low regardless. These indexes serve a practical purpose but set biases for a narrow developmental chain that says anything beyond that pathway is misery not worth living.

Then you have to question why nations with high HDI have high suicide rates, wide drug problems, citizens susceptible to hedonistic industries, and why people feel a sense of meaning is lacking in their lives despite their earnings relatively surpassing the norm and they live relatively long lives. Why are people psychologically damaged, and neurotic for drama toward societal issues? Social problems are building, there are debates about what a man and a woman are, if humans can identify as animals, etc. I can go on and on.

It seems that high HDI can never be a proxy for human values of what good living means. It does not mean HDI does not have important aspects to it but even the way, let us say, education is framed, is strictly institutional, not really how education elevates the mind of a person. Just how good is the human capital as a human resource for a nation, thus education is not centered toward the human but the systemic functions.

This concept is strictly socio-economic and "open-society" oriented. It brings with it a lot of baggage where if we assume those value judgments are a given, will always result in people striving to build similar societies. I don't think homogenizing the economic and societal trajectory bodes well for humanity.

I think it is a valid criticism to say that HDI is an honest attempt to fix problems through certain imperfect world perspectives and that it solves a lot of serious problems with regard to somatic healthcare standards even hereditary ones, for example. But I think the systems that are built lack long-term durability/resiliency. Why is there a strong correlation between suicide rate increase, rise in drug and prescription drug dependencies, and so-called human happiness indexes? There is something fundamental about these systems that breaks the human spirit on a collective basis.

Either way, you cannot scientifically measure happiness in the first place. What you have is already chosen values that one tries to objectively measure through quite subjective and biased indicators.
Yeah, yeah usual high-IQ analysis waffle from you.

Let's talk about your new profile picture and how trash it is compared to your old one.

Bring it back, like who tf is even that, Elliot from Mr Robot?
1713358472243.png

1713358384019.png

In my last trip to Somalia I saw a lot of 70-90 year old men all healthy slim with their herd of camels. When I came back to the west I saw morbidly obese people and 80% of the have belly fat. It's all about perspective.

Lack of healthcare, nutrition, and education does that These things are the most important things to improve the country, and for somalia they have to be created by the private sector.

We need to create ways for Somalis receive education Khan Academy is a good resource. We need a Somali alternative . The same thing goes for healthcare and nutrition. We needs solutions there.

There is 0 hope if you rely on such an incompetent government their IQ is simply too low, and their corruption is too high . Government is always inefficient, but add these two factors and it will be exponential.

Most people here are capable of creating something that can benefit a huge amount of people back home. Let's do that instead of complaining.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

attash

Amaan Duule

Stop coping. It's over bro.

1713371430843.png

This isn't surprising the quality of life if your not diaspora or wealthy is almost medieval. There are barely any real hospitals outside of mogadishu. The govt simply doesn't exist in day to day life. Even in puntland or somaliland .

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Macrobian nationalists on Twitter after discovering this thread

Ngl I don't see somalia changing that much in the next 30 years. Our population is about to be filled with a bunch of dumbass niggas that never went to school.

Imagine living around a bunch of niggas with the same IQ as @Nin123

ropemaxxing is the only option for somalicels... it's over for us View attachment 325030
Id just ropemaxx if I was constantly surrounded by dumbasses

Trending

Latest posts